• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory maker… alone.

katyringo

DIS Veteran
The price is steep! Like could pay for another night at movies or another park day for a solo traveler..:

I’m going nov 28-dec 1st alone…

Do the photographers still take pictures with your phone? Will they still take pictures with their camera and load to your account and then you decide if you want to buy memory maker? I know it costs a bit more if not bought ahead of time..

I think they are back to taking them with your camera for you. Yes, they will still take pictures and load them to your account. You can buy individual pictures or buy memory maker. I was just looking into it for my upcoming trip with son, his SO and their little one. I think you have to buy more than 8 or 9 pictures to equal the cost of memory maker. You can also buy it for just one day for cheaper.

I bought it on my solo trip in 2019 and loved it. I got about 150 photos out of it. I did make a point to stop at any photographer without a line. I also went over 4th of July weekend where they had special PhotoPass opportunities.

Yeah, unless you want a lot of photos, it's not worth it. As @loves to dive said, you can still use PhotoPass and purchase a few pictures individually, including ride photos. You'll be able to view them for a while after your trip.

I purchased it for my first solo trip...way back in 2008...and I have so many good pics from that trip! I have done subsequent trips without it...and I never buy the pics unless I have photo pass...so..is it worth it? It depends....I go for a week at a time...lots of opportunity to get pics...you are going for a shorter time...so it may not be a priority to get those pics...or you are better at remembering to go online in 30 days to grab what you want...if it’s not a priority for you then it is prob not worth it....

It depends.

My first visit with an AP (in the before times, when the AP automatically got Memory Maker as one of its perks...), I got a ton of pictures taken of me and turned them into a collage via Walgreens' online photo services after the trip (I've also done one from my Disneyland Paris trip and would like to have one for each park around the world eventually). Then on my second trip with it...well, it's been eight months and I haven't even downloaded my pictures. I don't know if they're even still available.

If you want to make a big thing of it and have a ton of pictures for some memento afterward, I think it's worth it. If you're having doubts...that's probably a sign that it's less likely to be worth it to you. Like others said, you have to download something like 9 pictures before you break even on the cost of buying MM vs. buying them individually. And I know in previous years they would take your photo for you with your own device, though I don't have confirmation that they're back to doing that after stopping as an anti-COVID measure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter