Meeting the Princesses

DisneyDramaMama

Earning My Ears
Hi! My husband, 6 yr old daughter and I are going to Disneyland the first week of June and I was wondering where can we see the princesses in the park? My daughter's favorites are Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty. Also I read that Merida from the new movie Brave will be at the park then. This will be our 1st trip there and maybe our only since we are driving from Louisiana! Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks! pixiedust:

Rapunzel has her own meet & greet in Fantasyland. We did not see her out and about. Sleeping Beauty can be seen at the Princess Fantasy Faire - there are 3 princesses there at a time but you never know which ones. We saw Sleeping Beauty various times near the castle - by the Wishing well. We saw others there too. Make walking along the paths near the castle a regular part of your day.

There are always the character meals as well.

I would get in line at Princess Fantasy Faire first thing...I think it opens at 9 most days. If you go early the wait shouldn't be too bad. My DD's love Rapunzel, too, but we've yet to meet her. The wait for her is consistently 60-90 minutes. Not worth it for 1 character IMO. Sometimes Jasmine and Aladdin are hanging around Aladdin's Oasis.

Thanks for the ideas! The castle is definitely a priority so hopefully we'll see Sleeping Beauty walking around! I think she'll be excited to see any of the princesses! I have a feeling it will be hard to get her out of fantasyland! We'll just have to try and go with the flow and let her enjoy the experience! We are all excited about going! :yay:

there is Ariel's breakfast and lunch with the princess roaming around. I've also seen Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine show up a Goofy's Kitchen. At the meet and greet I've seen Ariel, Cinderella, Belle, and Tiana. Snow White and the Queen make apperances near the wishing well.

Thanks for the ideas! The castle is definitely a priority so hopefully we'll see Sleeping Beauty walking around! I think she'll be excited to see any of the princesses! I have a feeling it will be hard to get her out of fantasyland! We'll just have to try and go with the flow and let her enjoy the experience! We are all excited about going! :yay:

I expected my 6 year old to be all about the princesses - and she did enjoy them when we saw them, but if we asked her if she would rather stand in a long line to see the princesses or go on rides, she picked the rides every time - especially the roller coasters.

Who we saw around the Wishing Well: Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Perla, Snow White, Evil Queen.

At Goofy's Kitchen: Mulan

Princess Fantasy Faire (after 90 minute wait): Snow White, Aurora, Mulan - we had seen them all previously around the park with no wait time.

Tangled: We were in line for a very long time before the scheduled opening. They opened the doors 20 min after the scheduled opening. After about 30 min Rapunzel took a 20 minute break. We saw her about 15 min after the break and Flynn Rider went to take a break 3 minutes before we were let in. It was a very long wait for 1 character.

Also, check in the Princess Fantasy Faire theater area. If they are doing coronation ceremonies, Sleeping Beauty will be there. There are other threads about maybe being able to see her after the show. If she's really princess crazy, she may enjoy the storytime, too. For that, you don't know what princess you'll get, but one of them (usually Cinderella, Snow White or Sleeping Beauty) will tell her story to the assembled kids. There's no line for those "events," you just come in and sit down. Plus, it's shady back there! You can grab a snack from the Troubador Tavern and just relax in the bleachers while she sits down front.

As soon as you enter the park go straight to "City Hall"(ask any of the disney people at the entrance for directions). Inquire with the great people in city hall about the schedules for the characters you would like to meet. Be sure to get a park map while at the turnstiles entering the park. They will be able to answer all your questions, as well as mark your map for you. They are usualy very helpful...:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter