Mediterranean cruise - positive COVID test

Thank you for your update. What an ordeal. I feel for the family with 12 rooms booked and then separated. From your post, I assume that you and your family tested negative and were allowed to leave quarantine. How many days did you have to quarantine?

Given that Italy just dropped all entry requirements this week, I assume rules will change again.If your party is fully vaccinated and negative, they would be able to leave and visit the local area. I am Canadian and my husband who had covid isolated but we were allowed to go to work/school etc. If you are sick, you are sick and don’t want to sightsee anyways!

Are staying in Italy or just heading home?
The saga continues…we were able to test out late Sunday night, but instead of going home (which we should have done) we decided to salvage things and fly to Paris for a few days. Unfortunately 2 days later my other son tested positive. We spent the remainder of the time in another hotel. We flew home yesterday and to make matters worse, our connecting flight was canceled leaving nothing all weekend. We took a red eye to another city with hope of just renting a car. Problem is no one wants to rent 1 way anymore because of the inventory shortages. Nightmare vacation…You can’t make this stuff up 😄

The saga continues…we were able to test out late Sunday night, but instead of going home (which we should have done) we decided to salvage things and fly to Paris for a few days. Unfortunately 2 days later my other son tested positive. We spent the remainder of the time in another hotel. We flew home yesterday and to make matters worse, our connecting flight was canceled leaving nothing all weekend. We took a red eye to another city with hope of just renting a car. Problem is no one wants to rent 1 way anymore because of the inventory shortages. Nightmare vacation…You can’t make this stuff up 😄
Your poor vacation. You guys have been through alot- you are going to need a vacation to recover. Hope you get home soon. Flights are just a mess right now

Oh wow! What a nightmare…stories for years to come! Hope this hasn’t turned your family off travelling and you can enjoy another vacation when you are all well and no restrictions.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry for your troubles! We are on the 6/27 sailing and are hoping that things go smoothly. Of note, my DW and I were on an Alaskan cruise end of May, first of June and she tested positive on Day 5, so we got to spend 2+ days in the quarantine area (which, BTW, kudos to Princess Cruise Lines... I had lobster and baked alaska delivered to my quarantine room! Also, I could order drinks/lattes/etc. to the room and have them delivered as well!) At any rate, I tested negative and had the choice to quarantine with DW or stay in my old cabin. I chose to quarantine with her (she had sore throat/congestion/tiredness for a couple of days, but was much better even by the time we got off the ship) and I never tested positive. Also, our daughter never tested positive either. We wonder if it was because both DD and I had it in the fall last year, but my DW had never had it. At any rate, in a warped way I was kind of hoping for a positive so I could have a recovery letter. DW has one, so she is good to go, but my DD and I will need to test.

My fear is that it will be just our luck that we will have been right with someone for days that had it, but we never got it and somehow get it on the way to Italy...

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry for your troubles! We are on the 6/27 sailing and are hoping that things go smoothly. Of note, my DW and I were on an Alaskan cruise end of May, first of June and she tested positive on Day 5, so we got to spend 2+ days in the quarantine area (which, BTW, kudos to Princess Cruise Lines... I had lobster and baked alaska delivered to my quarantine room! Also, I could order drinks/lattes/etc. to the room and have them delivered as well!) At any rate, I tested negative and had the choice to quarantine with DW or stay in my old cabin. I chose to quarantine with her (she had sore throat/congestion/tiredness for a couple of days, but was much better even by the time we got off the ship) and I never tested positive. Also, our daughter never tested positive either. We wonder if it was because both DD and I had it in the fall last year, but my DW had never had it. At any rate, in a warped way I was kind of hoping for a positive so I could have a recovery letter. DW has one, so she is good to go, but my DD and I will need to test.

My fear is that it will be just our luck that we will have been right with someone for days that had it, but we never got it and somehow get it on the way to Italy...
My fear too. We are also on 6/27. Knowing my luck we will test positive despite 2 boosts and mask for past two weeks. Oh well, gotta live life.

i think we all have the same fear.

We are on the same sailing with our boys. And in the same situation too. My husband has a certificate of recovery as he had covid a few weeks ago. The three of us did not test postive but he was in Vancouver at the time so quarantined in a hotel there.

We were on a a cruise when omicron hit in december and never felt uneasy that week.

We are all excited for the trip and ready to go. Disney has a generous policy so if something happens, it happens. My concern is one of us testing positive at port and then being directed to a government selected hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter