Meal plan and Annual pass ?s

mjlass11

Mouseketeer
I am going to BWV in March and December this year with some friends (our first trip "home"). Because we're going to be there a few times, I figured out that it will be cheaper for us all to get annual passes, but since only 2 of us live at the same address, we're the only ones that can get the DVC discount, right? Also, I thought that I remembered something about a Disney Meal Plan that got you a discount on meals for up to 8 people or something like that. I've tried to find this but can't. Am I imagining things or just not looking in the right spot? Any input appreciated.

It was the DDE.... no wonder I couldn't find it with the name change.... Thanks!!!

I still can't find tables in wonderland on the DVC site. I'm just wondering which restaurants are included. Any suggestions?

TiW is accepted in virtually all of the TS restaurants which accept DDP.

One card may be used for as many as 10 diners (and there have been anecdotal reports of more than 10 being covered), and it covers not only food but also alcoholic beverages. TiW is the only discount plan that covers alcohol -- important to many, irrelevent to many others.

TiW gives you a straight 20% discount. Also, at TS restaurants, an automatic 18% gratuity will be added to all TiW checks regardless of the number of people in the party.

TiW is not accepted at most CS outlets, snack carts, etc.

I still can't find tables in wonderland on the DVC site. I'm just wondering which restaurants are included. Any suggestions?

Tables in Wonderland won't be on the DVC site, as it isn't a DVC perk. It is only available to Annual Passholders OR Florida Residents. DVC members without an annual pass can not purchase the TiW Card, unless they are also a Florida Resident.

I am going to BWV in March and December this year with some friends (our first trip "home"). Because we're going to be there a few times, I figured out that it will be cheaper for us all to get annual passes, but since only 2 of us live at the same address, we're the only ones that can get the DVC discount, right? Also, I thought that I remembered something about a Disney Meal Plan that got you a discount on meals for up to 8 people or something like that. I've tried to find this but can't. Am I imagining things or just not looking in the right spot? Any input appreciated.
Friends are not entitled to the discount even if they did live with you. You must meet both the criteria for a "relative" that is listed AND the address to qualify. Which I think is dumb but that's the way they do it. You BIL can get the discount if he lives with you but not if he doesn't!!!

Friends are not entitled to the discount even if they did live with you. You must meet both the criteria for a "relative" that is listed AND the address to qualify. Which I think is dumb but that's the way they do it. You BIL can get the discount if he lives with you but not if he doesn't!!!

from the member website:

Who is eligible to receive the Annual Pass discount?
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the Pass for themselves and their immediate family residing in the same household only. At the time of purchase or redemption, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household.

Who is defined as "immediate family"?
"Immediate family" is defined by Walt Disney World Resort for discount purposes as noted below: Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner, Parent/Step Parent, Mother-In-Law/Father-In-Law, Child/Step Child, Brother/Stepbrother, Sister/Stepsister, Brother-In-Law/Sister-In-Law, Grandparent, and Grandchild.

Can I use my discount to buy a Pass for someone other than myself or immediate family residing in the same household?
No. This discount is exclusive for Members and may not be transferred. This perk may be revoked in the event of abuse.

So how do I prove that my domestic partner is my domestic partner?
You might want to check with DVC but I think for a partner to count they have to be registered, at least technically.
But how do they know, they don't ask for marriage certificates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter