MDE App Update & Recent “Refresh” Changes Discussion (we’re not doomed!)

Has anyone noticed this??

Playing around and trying to book a FP at DHS today (AP holder). Saucers comes up at 3:40. I select, it’s gone. Choose a new experience. Ok. Saucers at 3:40 comes up again. I select, it’s gone. Choose a new experience. Ok. Saucers at 3:40 comes up AGAIN. Three times in a row but it’s unavailable when I select it. This can’t really be because my finger isn’t fast enough, correct??? Something else must be going on here.

We've been discussing this exact situation for pages now.

Has anyone noticed this??

Playing around and trying to book a FP at DHS today (AP holder). Saucers comes up at 3:40. I select, it’s gone. Choose a new experience. Ok. Saucers at 3:40 comes up again. I select, it’s gone. Choose a new experience. Ok. Saucers at 3:40 comes up AGAIN. Three times in a row but it’s unavailable when I select it. This can’t really be because my finger isn’t fast enough, correct??? Something else must be going on here.

Same thing happened to me! 3 times the exact time appeared but when I selected it, it said it was no longer available.

Some people (or at least one person) were speculating that the reason people weren't able to follow through on booking a FP was because someone else had grabbed it first. The fact that the exact same FP is showing up multiple times but people still can't grab it pretty much puts that theory to rest.

I chatted with two CMs through the App. The first said this:

“Any technical concerns would be best handle by MyMagic+® Technical Support at (407) 939-7765. Select English and then option 4 and any of their agents will be more than happy to assist you!”

Calling them now. Message says greater than 20 minute wait. I love my speakerphone in cases like this!
They also said heavier than normal call volume.......I wonder why!

My experience today:
Searched at MK for today. Picked splash at 1pm. It assigned my 8:15. Tried to modify to 1:15, still trying to give me 5pm or later. If I decline the time by hitting back (in iPhone app), the app freezes.
Tried 4 times to move to earlier time (that I’m always given) unsuccessfully.

I'm at home. I think most people trying are, too.

I know just my opinion, but I don't understand if you are all not a the parks right now, why are you trying to get fast passes? Leave it to the people at the park! Just saying if it's this frustrating for people at home, imagine being in the park right now having to compete for fast passes with people at home grabbing them for practice.
Especially if app is having problems right now, all this extra use is probably adding to the burden.

Not saying anyone is doing something awful, just my thoughts on the subject. :)

I know just my opinion, but I don't understand if you are all not a the parks right now, why are you trying to get fast passes? Leave it to the people at the park!
Especially if app is having problems right now, all this extra use is probably adding to the burden.

Because Disney constantly changes how things work. And never provides any details for how things changed.

If you wait until you get into the park, good luck figuring out how they changed the game again.

And given the number of people in the parks, I doubt another 100 people here (at the very, very most) are putting any strain on the system.

I know just my opinion, but I don't understand if you are all not a the parks right now, why are you trying to get fast passes? Leave it to the people at the park!

Because we want to test out the new app update? 10 people on the DIS getting a FP isn't going to burden this already awful system.

Because people are testing what’s happening so we can call IT and get it worked on. I’m certainly not wasting park time on the phone with IT.

So relax. No one is hanging onto popular FP for hours on end. It’s minutes.

Because Disney constantly changes how things work. And never provides any details for how things changed.

If you wait until you get into the park, good luck figuring out how they changed the game again.

And given the number of people in the parks, I doubt another 100 people here (at the very, very most) are putting any strain on the system.

Because we want to test out the new app update? 10 people on the DIS getting a FP isn't going to burden this already awful system.

Because people are testing what’s happening so we can call IT and get it worked on. I’m certainly not wasting park time on the phone with IT.

So relax. No one is hanging onto popular FP for hours on end. It’s minutes.

Ouch. I am relaxed, I'm on my couch. :) Sorry I touched a nerve.

Hey, do what you want, just posting my thoughts on a message board.

On a side note - do you know why I never did DVC? It’s because you never knew when Disney was going to do something to completely wreck the guest experience. I cannot even imagine the thought process that went into releasing this new update. This benefits - NOBODY. I can’t even come up with an argument of how this improves anyone’s ability to use the app to get additional fastpasses. And there’s no way they didn’t know about this.

Last edited:
For anyone who is in the park today and needs to modify a time, the ability to back out if it offers you a time you don't like (after telling you the one you clicked isn't available) without closing the interface is still available in the Chrome web interface. I would consider switching to a browser.

My situation was the EXACT time coming up repeatedly and not just anytime that was not bookable when selected. Geez.
I think the responders didn't quite understand the nuance of what you were posting. You were trying to add to the conversation, not just posting an observed issue without looking at the prior pages. I appreciate your post.

What you are experiencing is clearly a sign that the app isn't working correctly as opposed to an intended operational change. The same exact time coming up over and over, yet you are still not be allowed to choose that time, is an indication of a glitch IMO. Thank you for posting your experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter