MCO to Port Canaveral?

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
Has anyone had any bad experiences or things they would advise to watch out for when getting transportation to Port Canaveral from MCO?

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
Currently, it seems one "perk" of taking DCL transfers from MCO to port is that you don't have to pick a Port Arrival Time and people have been getting pretty low boarding numbers.

gtmurphyii

Earning My Ears
Normally we rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the port and it is easy. With the price of rent a cars these day it might not make sense.

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Our DCL bus had mechanical problem and we had to wait 45-60 min for them to pick us up with another DCL bus. We arrived at the port at 2:30 PM and barely had time to pick -up lunch at Cabanas before the fire drill.

Other than that, I’ve used Go Port and Sunshine Limousine. Both were efficient but Sunshine Limousine was very special. :)

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
    We rented an Avis car for embarkation and debarkation last week, and it cost about $60 for each one way rental.

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone had any bad experiences or things they would advise to watch out for when getting transportation to Port Canaveral from MCO?
    Always use a limo/shuttle service. Always. They're about $100-200 more (depending on # of ppl) than the DCL bus but they're infinitely better. We stopped using the bus after I got sick for a 2nd time due to kids coughing near me. The last time I was sick as dog for 2-3 weeks. During Covid I cannot fathom why ppl would use a bus.
    Limo services pick you up at your hotel and are waiting for you at port when you disembark. They're so comfortable and efficient..the communication is via text and is top notch.
    We've used happy limo & we love them but there are others just as good out there.

lpittman1

Earning My Ears
    We rented an Avis car for embarkation and debarkation last week, and it cost about $60 for each one way rental.
    Can you explain the process you used for embarkation? Were you able to drop off your luggage and family at the port first, return the car, and take the shuttle back to meet your family?

Dust2

Earning My Ears
    Where did you find that rate? I know the price changes from day to day, but I searched through Costco and it’s twice that price.

• mevelandry

DIS Veteran
    Always use a limo/shuttle service. Always. They're about $100-200 more (depending on # of ppl) than the DCL bus but they're infinitely better. We stopped using the bus after I got sick for a 2nd time due to kids coughing near me. The last time I was sick as dog for 2-3 weeks. During Covid I cannot fathom why ppl would use a bus.
    Limo services pick you up at your hotel and are waiting for you at port when you disembark. They're so comfortable and efficient..the communication is via text and is top notch.
    We've used happy limo & we love them but there are others just as good out there.
    If you wear a mask in the bus (as I have been doing in public transportation since the beginning of the pandemic) it's fine...

But I would agree that for a family, it's sometimes cheaper to book a private car than taking the bus and it can be more efficient.

Last edited:

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!