MCO to Port Canaveral?

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
Has anyone had any bad experiences or things they would advise to watch out for when getting transportation to Port Canaveral from MCO?

Currently, it seems one "perk" of taking DCL transfers from MCO to port is that you don't have to pick a Port Arrival Time and people have been getting pretty low boarding numbers.

Normally we rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the port and it is easy. With the price of rent a cars these day it might not make sense.

Our DCL bus had mechanical problem and we had to wait 45-60 min for them to pick us up with another DCL bus. We arrived at the port at 2:30 PM and barely had time to pick -up lunch at Cabanas before the fire drill.

Other than that, I’ve used Go Port and Sunshine Limousine. Both were efficient but Sunshine Limousine was very special. :)

We rented an Avis car for embarkation and debarkation last week, and it cost about $60 for each one way rental.

Has anyone had any bad experiences or things they would advise to watch out for when getting transportation to Port Canaveral from MCO?

Always use a limo/shuttle service. Always. They're about $100-200 more (depending on # of ppl) than the DCL bus but they're infinitely better. We stopped using the bus after I got sick for a 2nd time due to kids coughing near me. The last time I was sick as dog for 2-3 weeks. During Covid I cannot fathom why ppl would use a bus.
Limo services pick you up at your hotel and are waiting for you at port when you disembark. They're so comfortable and efficient..the communication is via text and is top notch.
We've used happy limo & we love them but there are others just as good out there.

We rented an Avis car for embarkation and debarkation last week, and it cost about $60 for each one way rental.

Can you explain the process you used for embarkation? Were you able to drop off your luggage and family at the port first, return the car, and take the shuttle back to meet your family?

Where did you find that rate? I know the price changes from day to day, but I searched through Costco and it’s twice that price.

Always use a limo/shuttle service. Always. They're about $100-200 more (depending on # of ppl) than the DCL bus but they're infinitely better. We stopped using the bus after I got sick for a 2nd time due to kids coughing near me. The last time I was sick as dog for 2-3 weeks. During Covid I cannot fathom why ppl would use a bus.
Limo services pick you up at your hotel and are waiting for you at port when you disembark. They're so comfortable and efficient..the communication is via text and is top notch.
We've used happy limo & we love them but there are others just as good out there.

If you wear a mask in the bus (as I have been doing in public transportation since the beginning of the pandemic) it's fine...

But I would agree that for a family, it's sometimes cheaper to book a private car than taking the bus and it can be more efficient.

Last edited:
Do prices for limo services tend to go up the closer you get to travel? Looking at transportation from an MCO-area hotel to the Port and then back to MCO after Xmas.

Can you explain the process you used for embarkation? Were you able to drop off your luggage and family at the port first, return the car, and take the shuttle back to meet your family?
I had done this in previous years, but just took the car to Avis and they loaded up our bags and took both of us (no kids this cruise) to the terminal. They did confirm our PAT before taking us. They were not busy like I had seen in past years and we also just grabbed our bags and took them on the shuttle back to Avis after the cruise.

I’m looking for recommendations of private transportation services to get from MCO to Port Canaveral. Any recommendations for hotels near the port if flying in the day before a cruise?

Do you not get a port arrival time if you decide to do a Disney resort and do a private dcl transfer to port?

My parents tried to use Go Port Canaveral once - tried being the operative word. The shuttle never showed up. The hotel they had booked the package through kept trying to contact the shuttle company to no avail and eventually got an Uber for them (at the hotel's expense). They made the ship, but barely. I don't blame the hotel - I blame Go Port Canaveral. I'd never recommend that company.

Flying into MCO July 3rd for a cruise departure July 4th.

Had been intending to stay at a nearby airport hotel and then arrange transportation to the port the following morning. However because that day will be July 4th, is there anything I need to consider? For example, is there any reason to believe it will take longer or be more difficult/expensive to get transportation on July 4th? Would it be more straightforward to go directly to and stay in the port area after arriving July 3rd?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter