"Maybe We Should Go To Disney World Next Week" An Impromptu May DR *COMPLETE*

I woke up the next morning at 6:45am and started to get ready for our morning at AK. We had an 8am reservation at Tusker House, so there is no time to waste!

Rob somehow managed to pack 2 pairs of socks for himself. The rest were apparently left behind in New Jersey. He tore apart his bags and never did find them. The Great Sock Mystery of 2014. :lmao: He finally gave up looking and threw on a pair of sandals and we were off!

I drove us to AK and we got a parking spot close to the front, so we were able to just walk right up to the park. No parking lot tram necessary. A nice couple stopped us and asked us to take their picture near the entrance to AK. They ended up being seated near us at breakfast and during breakfast we saw him propose to her. It was very sweet! She was beaming all through breakfast.

We made our way over to the left of the entrance, where you could enter for pre-park opening dining reservations. It was so weird to walk through an empty AK.

From there we made our way back to Africa.

It was time for our first ever dining experience at Tusker House!

We checked in and were sent around the back of the building for our family photo. I thought you got your picture with Donald here, but Donald is now inside and you get your picture taken up against a boring wall. :confused3 They then try to sell these pictures to you during your meal for a sick ridiculous amount of money. I get so heated about the upcharge on those meal pictures, but I've done this rant before, so I'll spare you. :lmao: It was a cute picture of us though, which is really almost extra annoying since I would have liked to buy it, just not for the $25 or whatever it is they are trying to gouge you for.

As soon as they snapped our picture we were led inside by Jacki, who was very much flirting with Rob. She said, "If you leave hungry, you're in big trouble. If you try and leave here hungry, I get to keep him.":lmao: She then latched onto his arm and led him all the way back to our table in the back of the restaurant. It was too cute.

Our very friendly server took our drink order and served up their Jungle Juice mixture (that name just cracks me up, since I don't recall Jungle Juice tasting like that in my 20s, but so be it:rotfl2:). Jungle Juice is the orange, guava, passion fruit mixture that is served in many of the breakfast locations under various names. We went through a lot of that juice during breakfast and she was always prompt with our refills.

The buffet setup is very cool looking. I did manage to get a shot of the overall buffet area.

The center section is all pastries and breads and the outside area has all of the hot and cold stations. There was a lot to choose from here! Lots of great standards like Mickey waffles, bacon and fruit and some items unique to Tusker. Here is a shot of Rob's first plate.

Starting at the top is the bobotie (I think), crumb cake, potatoes, carved ham with a mustard sauce, scrambled eggs (I think they had goat cheese in them), sausage patties, corned beef hash and in the center is some type of ham, egg and cheese dish. He really liked everything, but he did say that the mustard sauce was slightly different but better at Boma.

My first plate, which I packed full of fatty goodness.

Starting at the top I had a chocolate pastry, cheese blintz with an apple topping, a biscuit with gravy, a Mickey waffle, tater tots, bacon, a Krispy Kreme doughnut hole, a piece of veggie quiche, an apple turnover, which was on top of a slice of carved ham and some potatoes. Everything was delicious! I ate all of this too. I'm not proud, but it happened. :lmao:

I went up for a second plate.

Since there was no room on my plate the first time I had to try their bread pudding with vanilla sauce. I also had to have some more tater tots and doughnut holes. Only the essentials! The bread pudding was the last in the dish, so I think it was a little dry and old, so it wasn't the greatest. I would like to try it again when it's more fresh. I weirdly LOVED the tater tots here. I had to have more. The doughnut holes were so fresh and soft and delicious.

And of course, Tusker House is a character meal, so here are some pictures!

Our picture with Daisy unfortunately turned out terrible and Rob was too antsy to wait around for Mickey, so these are the only two character pictures I got this time. This character meal took us a really long time for some reason. Usually we're out pretty quickly, but the park was already filling up by the time we left at 9:15.

I really enjoyed our first time at Tusker House! The food was delicious and it's always fun to grab a few character photos. The only drawback here for me was that it seemed extra packed in there and it was hard to maneuver around people standing in the aisles taking pictures. Definitely very loud and crowded in there. The price is also pretty high. I like the food at Trail's End just as much, if not more, and it is almost half the price of TH. I wouldn't eat here every time, but I would definitely come back every other trip or so. I'm debating about keeping it on our list for September. We'll see what happens!

Good review of Tusker's! I actually really enjoy the food here. I agree it is VERY LOUD in there though! The price is high all things considered! Have you been to BOMA breakfast? How does it compare to TH?

Your chili cheese fries look amazing ... Yeah I could eat those before bed and then sleep like a baby! We always did tusker house with our grandkiddies for the character photos, I found the food good yet not like any one food item stood out as tasting exceptional. Still it's on our plans for November trip with my dh ... Boo to no Donald Duck in arrival picture ; (

You are a girl after my own heart, chili cheese fries for a bedtime snack and Mickey waffles and carbs for breakfast. Just makes ya love disney food even more.

Totally agree on the tusker picture. Completely pointless and a 2000% mark up at least. Can't fathom who would actually buy the,. We just passed up the picture "opportunity" last time.

Laughed out loud on the jungle juice. First time it was offered to me I asked if it was being served with or without grain alcohol. The waitress just looked at me like i had a second head, but at least my hubby found me funny.

Good review of Tusker's! I actually really enjoy the food here. I agree it is VERY LOUD in there though! The price is high all things considered! Have you been to BOMA breakfast? How does it compare to TH?

I would say it is very comparable to Boma. Aside from the lack of characters of course. No characters, but a smaller price tag. :thumbsup2 There are a lot of similar items at both buffets. I give Boma a slight edge actually.

Your chili cheese fries look amazing ... Yeah I could eat those before bed and then sleep like a baby! We always did tusker house with our grandkiddies for the character photos, I found the food good yet not like any one food item stood out as tasting exceptional. Still it's on our plans for November trip with my dh ... Boo to no Donald Duck in arrival picture ; (

Sometimes fatty foods help you sleep. :laughing: I agree that there wasn't a particularly memorable item on the buffet, but I definitely did enjoy it. I'm a sucker for a good photo op too. I was disappointed with arrival photo, yet somewhat relieved since I then wasn't concerned about wanting to buy it.

You are a girl after my own heart, chili cheese fries for a bedtime snack and Mickey waffles and carbs for breakfast. Just makes ya love disney food even more.

Totally agree on the tusker picture. Completely pointless and a 2000% mark up at least. Can't fathom who would actually buy the,. We just passed up the picture "opportunity" last time.

Laughed out loud on the jungle juice. First time it was offered to me I asked if it was being served with or without grain alcohol. The waitress just looked at me like i had a second head, but at least my hubby found me funny.

I have definitely never found a carb I didn't like. :rotfl2:

I'm glad you agree about that photo! It frustrates me so badly. The fact that it then get thrown out is the worst part. Why go through all that trouble? Just sell it to people for $5-$10? :confused3

:lmao: If I was there I would have laughed along with you too! That is too funny!

Love the chilli cheese fries snack. So very me lol. Looking forward to more!

:thumbsup2 Sometimes you just NEED some chilli fries, you know?

After breakfast we hit up all of our favorite rides in AK and I KILLED it at the carnival games in DinoLand. Boom!

Okay, I had to haul that stupid serpent all over AK for the rest of the day. We need to wait until the end of the day to play those games. :lmao:

Then it was time to head to to the resort for pool time. Pool time is also the time to discuss dinner plans. We had reservations for Captain's Grille at 8pm that night, but all we had eaten was our early Tusker House breakfast, so once we were back in the room I called Disney Dining to see if anything earlier was available there and luckily there was!

After we got ready I drove us over to Yacht Club, which was very close to CBR. A word of warning here for folks who drive. This was the first of quite a few times this trip we encountered them being VERY strict with resort parking. If they couldn't scan your band and see your reservation, you were told to leave. More stories on that coming up later, but this meal we had our reservation and our band was scanned without issue. However, there was all kinds of construction going on in the parking lot and there were very few places to park. I was lucky we got a spot as easily as we did, because we saw people circling the lot as we left.

We got to YC about 40 minutes before our reservation, so we killed some time by taking a stroll all the way around the circle outside to Boardwalk, Beach Club and back and made a brief stop in Boardwalk Bakery. There was a huge convention group streaming out of somewhere at Boardwalk and headed back over in the direction of Swan/Dolphin. On the beach at Beach Club they were setting up some type of huge private party. It was pretty interesting to see everything going into this event. Ice sculptures and all kinds of goodies were being brought into the area.

Our nice walk finally brought us back to YC.

You know what that means? Time for a selfie, right Joh? :thumbsup2

We were very excited for this meal. We had a wonderful meal here last trip and we were hoping tonight would be just as good as last time. We were the first people to arrive for dinner that day and were seated immediately.

We were seated at a nice table to the back, right hand side of the restaurant. Our view to the left.

Our view to the right.

Our server Marissa was lovely and was so attentive and friendly throughout the meal. We started off with drinks. Rob had the same Smoked Turkey drink he tried here last time.

Marissa said, "Just so you know, this drink is very strong." :lmao: We are aware.

I had a Glow-tini. Skyy Citrus Vodka, Blue Curacao, peach schnapps, Sweet-N-Sour and pineapple juice, garnished with a souvenir glow cube.

Man, this drink is so good! Very sweet, especially with the sugar rim, but not a sickening sweet. Very enjoyable. Is there anything better than relaxing at a nice restaurant with good food and a cocktail in your hand? I think not.

Next we were served their bread and butter, which was very nice.

Last time we each got our own appetizers, so this time we decided to share one, so that way we wouldn't be disgustingly full. We split the same appetizer Rob had last time. Buttermilk Fried Rock Shrimp with chipotle remoulade, citrus cream, and chilled cucumber salad.

These were amazing! The chilled cucumber salad with it was light and delicious. It paired nicely with the fried shrimp.

For our entree Rob was so badly wanting the same Chef's Pasta Creation dish he had last time, but I kept reminding him that the dish changes all the time and there was no way they would have the same one. Well, guess what, they had the SAME pasta dish as last time. Guess I don't know everything, but let's just keep that between us. :laughing: So, Rob had his pasta and short rib creation.

He gave me a bite and holy smokes was that delicious! Rob was in heaven.

I was torn between trying the same dish since Rob raved about it last time, the crab cakes I had last time, and the short ribs. Then at the last second I changed my mind completely and ordered the New York Strip. New York Strip served with creme fraiche whipped potatoes, roasted mushrooms, oven-cured tomatoes and cabernet reduction.

Delicious! The steak was cooked a perfect medium and the potatoes were so unbelievably creamy. When I cook steak at home I always have it with either grilled tomatoes or roasted mushrooms. This had both. Perfect.

This meal was so delightful. Rob re-created the exact same meal he had last time and I switched it up a little bit. Both meals we have had here have been top-notch! Great service, great food and a nice relaxing atmosphere. This place is another hidden gem, which suits me fine since it makes a great spot for a last minute reservation. :thumbsup2 If you haven't been here yet, I would highly recommend it!

We were going to split a dessert off the dessert menu, but we had a much better alternative in mind. Stay tuned to find out our sugar filled plans!

Rather than splitting a dessert at Captain's Grille, we decided to take a stroll next door to Beach Club and visit one of our favorite locations.

Oh yeah!

We asked if they had 2 seats available at the counter and as luck would have it, they most certainly did. We were seated right away and settled in at the counter with menus. I knew what I wanted and so did Rob, but we still sat there looking over the menu. That was when the unthinkable happened. Rob noticed they took the Pot Roast Sandwich off the menu. :scared1::scared1::scared1: To say he was devastated was an understatement. We had reservations here for lunch later in the week, but he made me cancel them. I still wanted to eat here, but he didn't want to have lunch here now that his beloved pot roast was replaced with some type of salmon sandwich. He was totally bummed. Let's drown our sorrow in ice cream! :laughing:

Rob ordered the Beaches Chocolate Cake. House-made Seven-Layer Chocolate Cake served a la mode.

He loves the chocolate cake here. He tore this piece of cake up.

I ordered the "small" version of the No Way Jose. A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge delight featuring Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry.

Okay, just one more shot of this beauty.

They loaded this baby up with hot fudge and peanut butter. This is the best!

I was so disappointed I didn't get to have lunch here this trip, but at least I got my No Way Jose! :thumbsup2

At this point we were so full that I can't even begin to describe it. I drove us back to CBR and from there we took our full bellies on the bus and went to DTD for a viewing of Spider-Man 2. Perfect ending to the day! :goodvibes

Happy to hear you had another great meal at Captain's Grill. WE have never dined there but I have thought about it often! I've always had the issue of wanting to do too many Signature Restaurants which didn't leave room for others but we are slowly taking Signature's out of our rotation so that means more room for others.

Thanks for the input on Boma... still considering that as well!

Great review so far. Loved your one from last October. We will be there for the last three days of F&W this year and will try to taste as much as possible in that time.

We were just there from May 5-10.

Love your review of Captain's Grill. We are planning to try it for the first time in the Fall. I would love if they had that same pasta dish on the night we are there! But that steak looks like a good fall back if they don't! And I know DH would love that shrimp appetizer. I believe this is the only new restaurant for us in the Fall and I am really looking forward to it!

It's been sometime since we ate at Captains Grille but have always liked it. Your appetizers & entrees look amazing and I love your magically drink : ) So nice to get a spot at the counter of beaches and cream and of course your desserts look fabulous. I never understand why they take off a beef of any kind from a menu and add a fish dish (( why? ))

All around a great dining evening for you both walking around the boardwalk area is always so nice : )

** edited ... I just booked captains Grille to our dining Plans **

Captains grill looks awesome. We will be staying at bwi next trip and it's on the list of dinner possibilities, but now think it may be dinner definitelies. I've been reading their menu and can't believe the quality you get for the piece.

Beaches and cream will be another first next trip. Good to know they make smaller size sundaes. If they out a regular one in front of me no way I could hold myself back. Self control is not a strong suit of mine ; )

Those chili cheese fries look seriously delicious! :lovestruc

Thanks for the Tusker House review, everything looks so good! The last time we ate at that location it was still a quick service restaurant that served amazing rotisserie chicken. It's been a while, LOL! DH isn't big on character meals however, so I think the only way I'll get to try it is with my sister. In the meantime, I can enjoy it vicariously through your great photos and descriptions!

Love the picture of you and your midway games haul, way to go! :thumbsup2

Captain's Grille is another location I keep considering but somehow have never gotten around to trying. DSis and I had a breakfast ADR there last year but were too full in the morning to keep it. Both of your dinner entrees look amazing and I'm seriously wanting that appetizer! One day I will get there!

Who doesn't love a No Way Jose? :love: And Rob's choice would have been right up my DH's alley, he loves a good rich piece of chocolate cake. He devours the Martha Washington cake at Liberty Tree Tavern in no time flat, LOL.

Thanks for the updates Jeri! Looking forward to more ... popcorn::

Captains Grille meals look AH-mazing and OMG those desserts...really...that's one awesome meal!!!

Soooooo lucky scoring that last minute trip!! I only wish T-Bone would spring something like that on me.

I've never thought about Trail's End before. TH breakfast is DD Pie's absolute favorite meal. Sadly she was not feeling well on and off through our entire February trip which meant a lot of our ADRs were changed or cancelled. She missed TH for the original booking so Dude and I kept the reservation. We booked for a second time later in the trip and she managed it then. I agree with the photos they push on you. It was bad enough before and we do have one family-with-Safari Donald from a few years ago but no way will I pay for a shot of us against a wall.

It was your last report that had me making an ADR for Beaches and Cream as well which was another that was cancelled due to illness. :sad:

It is on my fantasy itinerary for our as-yet-unbooked 2015 trip. I think I may have to consider the Trail's End as a substitute for TH as well. I think there look to be lots of items that Pie would like if we sub out her usual breakfast request!

Thank you for your wonderful reviews of Trails End, we ate there yesterday. It was one of our favorite meals so far this week! My boys loved having the "moonshine" for breakfast. Everything was so yummy, my family decided this is somewhere we should eat everytime we come to Disney.

I also agree on the No Way Jose from Beaches and Cream it is delicious!

Happy to hear you had another great meal at Captain's Grill. WE have never dined there but I have thought about it often! I've always had the issue of wanting to do too many Signature Restaurants which didn't leave room for others but we are slowly taking Signature's out of our rotation so that means more room for others.

Thanks for the input on Boma... still considering that as well!

I hope you get to try Captain's Grille and Boma! They are two of my new favorites. We may skip CG this time to make room for a new place, but then I think it will be right back in the rotation the following trip. I have been obsessing over my September plans. I change my reservations almost every other day. It's too hard to choose! :laughing:

Great review so far. Loved your one from last October. We will be there for the last three days of F&W this year and will try to taste as much as possible in that time.

We were just there from May 5-10.

Thanks so much! I hope you get to try a lot during those 3 days. It's so hard to pick and choose what to try there. I'm hoping that maybe they start opening the booths the day before so we can have an extra day at F&W. The plan is to go to Epcot that day and scope out the scene. If they don't open early at least we'll be in the park with the best food options as a backup.

Love your review of Captain's Grill. We are planning to try it for the first time in the Fall. I would love if they had that same pasta dish on the night we are there! But that steak looks like a good fall back if they don't! And I know DH would love that shrimp appetizer. I believe this is the only new restaurant for us in the Fall and I am really looking forward to it!

Yay! I hope you enjoy CG. I would definitely go for the pasta dish if they happen to have it. The shrimp app was fantastic. It's always nice to throw a new place in the mix. We have only one new place on our next trip, but I may change my plans 50 times before then, so we'll see how it works out. :laughing:

It's been sometime since we ate at Captains Grille but have always liked it. Your appetizers & entrees look amazing and I love your magically drink : ) So nice to get a spot at the counter of beaches and cream and of course your desserts look fabulous. I never understand why they take off a beef of any kind from a menu and add a fish dish (( why? ))

All around a great dining evening for you both walking around the boardwalk area is always so nice : )

** edited ... I just booked captains Grille to our dining Plans **

Awesome! So glad you booked it!

The drink was soooo good. I just realized I lost my glow cube along the way though. Bummer. I have no idea why they removed the pot roast sandwich! Rob is so bummed. I tried to talk him into going back in September and he is not having it. It's his form of protest I guess. :rotfl:

I love walking around the boardwalk. I think it is my favorite area in all of Disney. :goodvibes

Captains grill looks awesome. We will be staying at bwi next trip and it's on the list of dinner possibilities, but now think it may be dinner definitelies. I've been reading their menu and can't believe the quality you get for the piece.

Beaches and cream will be another first next trip. Good to know they make smaller size sundaes. If they out a regular one in front of me no way I could hold myself back. Self control is not a strong suit of mine ; )

I hope you do end up fitting in a trip to CG. It's definitely convenient when you're staying at BWI. It is definitely a good quality for the price. It's hardly cheap, but it's the same quality as a signature in my opinion and certainly doesn't have the signature price. :thumbsup2

They do have smaller sundaes, but it's not listed so just ask. It doesn't seem to be a problem. Even the small sundae is ridiculously huge! Self control isn't my strong suit either. A trip to Disney a week in advance is proof of that. :laughing:

Those chili cheese fries look seriously delicious! :lovestruc

Thanks for the Tusker House review, everything looks so good! The last time we ate at that location it was still a quick service restaurant that served amazing rotisserie chicken. It's been a while, LOL! DH isn't big on character meals however, so I think the only way I'll get to try it is with my sister. In the meantime, I can enjoy it vicariously through your great photos and descriptions!

Love the picture of you and your midway games haul, way to go! :thumbsup2

Captain's Grille is another location I keep considering but somehow have never gotten around to trying. DSis and I had a breakfast ADR there last year but were too full in the morning to keep it. Both of your dinner entrees look amazing and I'm seriously wanting that appetizer! One day I will get there!

Who doesn't love a No Way Jose? :love: And Rob's choice would have been right up my DH's alley, he loves a good rich piece of chocolate cake. He devours the Martha Washington cake at Liberty Tree Tavern in no time flat, LOL.

Thanks for the updates Jeri! Looking forward to more ... popcorn::

Tusker House was great! Rob isn't big on character meals either but I usually manage to trick him into one each trip. :laughing: I really want to do a girls trip too just for that reason. My friend that wants to do a trip with me would do every single character meal, so I'm hoping to get a bunch in on that trip.

I tore it up this year at the midway games! They are all still in my car though! People at work probably walk past my car and look in at that huge serpent and wonder what is up with me. :lmao:

We had CG booked for breakfast in September but I just canceled it. That one keeps getting pushed aside. Hopefully you can get there for dinner soon. It is fantastic!

Rob is a chocolate cake fanatic! I just made him a super chocolatey monstrosity for his birthday. The man doesn't care much for sweets, yet he loves super rich chocolate cake. Go figure.

Captains Grille meals look AH-mazing and OMG those desserts...really...that's one awesome meal!!!

It was one of our best food nights, that's for sure. We were filled with a lot of regret for the rest of the night though. I don't think I've ever felt so full in my life! :laughing:

Soooooo lucky scoring that last minute trip!! I only wish T-Bone would spring something like that on me.

I've never thought about Trail's End before. TH breakfast is DD Pie's absolute favorite meal. Sadly she was not feeling well on and off through our entire February trip which meant a lot of our ADRs were changed or cancelled. She missed TH for the original booking so Dude and I kept the reservation. We booked for a second time later in the trip and she managed it then. I agree with the photos they push on you. It was bad enough before and we do have one family-with-Safari Donald from a few years ago but no way will I pay for a shot of us against a wall.

It was your last report that had me making an ADR for Beaches and Cream as well which was another that was cancelled due to illness. :sad:

It is on my fantasy itinerary for our as-yet-unbooked 2015 trip. I think I may have to consider the Trail's End as a substitute for TH as well. I think there look to be lots of items that Pie would like if we sub out her usual breakfast request!

I am pretty lucky to have a hubby willing to suggest a last minute Disney trip. He's a keeper!

You should definitely consider Trail's End. Their food is fantastic! That's a shame about your DD's illness last trip. It's no fun being sick anywhere, but especially in WDW. :sad2: Hopefully everything works out a little better if you get back in 2015.

Thank you for your wonderful reviews of Trails End, we ate there yesterday. It was one of our favorite meals so far this week! My boys loved having the "moonshine" for breakfast. Everything was so yummy, my family decided this is somewhere we should eat everytime we come to Disney.

I also agree on the No Way Jose from Beaches and Cream it is delicious!

I'm so glad you enjoyed Trail's End! I'm sure kids must get a kick out of the moonshine and drinking out of the little mason jars. It's definitely our must-do for every trip now too.

If I wasn't so full from my dinner tonight a No Way Jose would sound pretty good right now. I hope I at least get back there for ice cream in September.

The next morning we slept in a little bit since I was in no hurry to get to a park today. We managed to make it to Epcot around 11:30am. We had just enough time to use our FP for Soarin' and then hightail it back to WS for lunch in Italy.

To be honest, I never look around in Italy. I always walk right past this area. I was so excited to finally go back in this area of the park and have our very first meal at Via Napoli.

We checked in inside and waited for about 5 minutes or so in the lobby area. I loved the beautiful lighting fixture in here.

We were taken to a nice half booth/half table area. There was a bit of confusion at first with the busboy who comes over and gives a big introduction on himself and where he comes from. We thought he was our waiter, but it turns out he only serves you water. It's very loud in there and he had a very thick accent, so there was a lot of confusion and at first I wasn't understanding why he would take our drink order. It was very odd. Didn't need a whole to-do from the guy bringing us water. I heard it confuse every single other table around us. I'm sure that poor kid deals with that all day every day. :laughing:

Next, our REAL waiter came over and took our drink order. Rob and I both tried the Acqua Fresca. Signature house made seasonal fruit coolers.

I went with the Blood Orange.

Rob went with the Strawberry.

These were delicious! Much more light and refreshing than a soda, but for $6 a piece there should be some alcohol in there if you ask me! :lmao:

I contemplated trying this special F&G Festival pizza, but decided against it. It did sound pretty delicious and interesting though.

I thought Rob was going to split an app with me, but we each ended up getting our own.

Rob got the Peperoni Arrostiti, roasted peppers, tomato, onion, garlic.

He totally read the description wrong and thought this had pepperoni. :laughing: He was shocked when this came out. Goofball. He did enjoy it though.

I, on the other hand, was totally brilliant and ordered the Arancini. Fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu.

Ummm, yum!!! These were delish. Rob was totally regretting not splitting these with me. His loss. I did give him a bite though. I'm pretty generous. ;)

For our entree Rob decided to be stubborn once again and would not split a pizza with me. Once again, his loss.

Rob had Spaghetti e Polpettine, hand-crafted veal meatballs & tomato sauce.

It looks pretty basic, but he really liked this a lot. It was a ton of food!

A lot of the pizza options sounded really good, but I was very much in the mood for pepperoni pizza, so that was exactly what I got.

This looks like average pizza, but it was THE BEST PIZZA I EVER ATE! Seriously. I am in love with this pizza. I can't even describe why it was so good, but it was amazing! Loved the pepperoni on this too. $22 for a pizza is outrageous, but it's worth it. I could never bring myself to eat here before because of the price. I mean, I can get a whole entire pizza from Domino's for $5, but this is totally worth the price. So many of you lovely people on here kept recommending this to me and I kept putting off eating here, but now it is my new favorite. Why didn't I listen to you all sooner?!?

I could only manage to eat half of this because I was saving room for dessert. Rob ate all of his meal, so he wasn't interested. I just had to go at it alone. I knew exactly what I wanted too. Zeppole di Caterina. Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

Let's get up close and personal shall we.

:cloud9: Yum! I dunked each one in the chocolate sauce and then the whipped cream. So good! When it said ricotta cheese I thought it had a creamy filling or something, but that must just give the dough balls a layer of richness, because there wasn't a filling. Just a warm and dense fried dough ball. Almost like the french toast puffs at CP, but more dense.

I am now a Via Napoli convert! This is now a must-do for me. I NEED that pizza in my life. :lmao:

I boxed up the rest of my pizza and then when I got up out of my seat and turned to face the window I was dismayed to see that it was POURING outside. Shoot! We had a long walk ahead of us. Where were you going, you ask? You shall soon see!

After lunch we were planning on making our way to ESPN Club for drinks and a Phillies game. Normally the walk from Italy to Boarwalk wouldn't be bad, but in the POURING rain it was kinda miserable. Rob always says he doesn't need a poncho, so I have finally stopped packing one for him in my bag. It takes up too much room in my bag, so now I only bring one for me. Before we left Via Napoli I put my poncho on and Rob asked for his. Sorry dude, you're out of luck. :laughing: He didn't really care though. There were about a 100 people packed into the small lobby area of VN to take shelter from the rain and we literally had to push our way out of there. It was crazy.

We made it as far as the American pavilion before we had to stop for shelter. It was insane. Rob was getting soaked. We waited it out for about 10 more minutes. It was still pouring, but the rain had slowed down slightly and Rob was sick of waiting. Since he was the one without a poncho, I just followed his lead. The water was ankle deep in some spots and I was having a heck of a time walking in my flip flops, but we finally made it out to the Boardwalk and made our way to ESPN Club.

I snapped this photo as we were leaving and the rain had finally pretty much stopped.

The place was fairly empty and we asked to be seated near a tv showing the Phillies vs Angels game. As luck would have it, there was a booth with it's own tv showing the game.

We informed our waitress we were sorry, but we were only there to drink and she seemed okay with that and was very friendly. I saw another couple taking up a booth and only drinking soda, so I didn't feel so bad. :laughing:

ESPN Club has a pretty large beer selection. Here's some of the selection.

They had my beloved Schofferhofer Grapefruit here, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $7.75 for one lousy bottle of beer. Can't do it.

We ended up splitting a pitcher (or two :rolleyes1) of Sam Adams Seasonal.

We stayed for the whole game, which the Phils unfortunately lost, but we had a great time. One of Rob's favorite things to do is come here for a few drinks and a game. He loves it here. He doesn't ask for much on vacation, so I don't put up a fight about coming here. It's pretty enjoyable. We always end up chatting with fellow fans too, which is always fun. I always get a kick out of seeing the tvs in the bathrooms too. Can't miss a second of the game! :lmao:

We were finally dry from our walk in the rain. I had managed to get pretty wet, even with the poncho on, so it was nice to have a chance to dry off. They accepted TiW here too, so we got a break on the cost of booze here at least.

We made our way outside to find it only very lightly drizzling and made out way out to the bus stop at the resort. As luck would have it, a bus was JUST pulling up for our intended destination. DTD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter