May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

I booked the excursions I wanted and Palo dinner. It was surprising how many excursions were sold out by 12:15a. Guess the cruise is mostly concierge and Platinum castaway members.

I booked the excursions I wanted and Palo dinner. It was surprising how many excursions were sold out by 12:15a. Guess the cruise is mostly concierge and Platinum castaway members.

When I emailed concierge about our requests we were told a number of excursions were not available, despite being listed on the website. I would keep an eye open in case some are added as we get closer to our sail date.

That would be great if they add more excursions :) The sold out excursions that I saw were available at 12 and sold out at 12:15. People were very busy in that 15 minutes :)

When I emailed concierge about our requests we were told a number of excursions were not available, despite being listed on the website. I would keep an eye open in case some are added as we get closer to our sail date.
Correct.... Everything we were interested in for Kauai is not available. Right now we're planning to rent a car and do our sightseeing that way. I believe we're still ok on Maui (National Park).

This sailing still not even listed on DCL's website. Kind of odd. I assume that's because of the uncertainty with Vancouver??

This sailing still not even listed on DCL's website. Kind of odd. I assume that's because of the uncertainty with Vancouver??
Basically it's sold out and not available. It disappeared a long time ago. As people cancel (if people are cancelling) they are not selling the rooms. Probably to limit capacity.

So, did anyone else hear the Governor of Hawaii is considering placing a mandate that all visitors mush have a booster as well as being fully vaccinated?:magnify:
We are not thrilled because we don’t see them working. Hopefully they will develop a booster that works better against the new variant.

Also, still can’t get a Palo dinner reservation for a party of 3 for dinner. Ugh!
we are Platinum too! :surfweb: Guess I just keep trying.
Brunch is totally sold out.

My TA said that Disney is still negotiating with ”Excursion vendors” on the islands so keep looking. Hopefully there will be more choices available.🤞

We booked our airline flights last week. I am wondering what the requirements/protocol will be for possible Covid testing before arriving back to Vancouver/airport before flying home?

We booked our airline flights last week. I am wondering what the requirements/protocol will be for possible Covid testing before arriving back to Vancouver/airport before flying home?
Currently testing is required 72 hours before entering Canada. There are a lot of questions as to how DCL will manage that (testing on board?). However, this is all speculation as of now. It's very possible that entry requirements will change between now and May.

Currently testing is required 72 hours before entering Canada. There are a lot of questions as to how DCL will manage that (testing on board?). However, this is all speculation as of now. It's very possible that entry requirements will change between now and May.
I'm wondering if DCL will charge for that test.... If they manage it as you mention. We've heard the same. Canada is requiring test results. One other note... I suspect DCL is still considering other arrival ports in the U.S. San Diego?? Seattle, San Francisco?

I'm wondering if DCL will charge for that test.... If they manage it as you mention. We've heard the same. Canada is requiring test results. One other note... I suspect DCL is still considering other arrival ports in the U.S. San Diego?? Seattle, San Francisco?
Disney can't offer US port arrival without US government action. PVSA requires a stop at a "distant" foreign port when a foreign flagged vessel travels between two US ports. None of the MX ports counts as "distant". There was a temporary suspension of fines and penalties last year, but I don't see that happening again this year.

Per the "Know Before You Go" section of the DCL website there is some testing in place for 5N and longer cruises. (Has anyone done a 5N or 7N recently that can comment on this?) They would have to offer something similar that meets the Canadian government's requirements for this cruise. I think this is much more likely than a suspension of the PVSA. Again, just my opinion.

From another thread posted today about testing at sea.

From the DCL website:
Post-Cruise Testing Service for Guests Returning Home
Some Guests may be required by their home country or state public health authorities to show proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result before returning home by air. Inspire Diagnostics, Disney Cruise Line’s third-party testing provider, offers this optional service for $98.33 per person for PCR testing, and $41.40 per person for antigen testing. Guests are responsible for knowing what type of test their home country/state requires (PCR or antigen), and the window of time in which it must be conducted. Testing is conducted at the terminal after disembarking the ship. Results take approximately 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the type of test. This service is available for cruises beginning on or after January 31, 2022. For more information and to book an appointment, visit the Safe Passagewebsite.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/debarkation-day-us/

Disney can't offer US port arrival without US government action. PVSA requires a stop at a "distant" foreign port when a foreign flagged vessel travels between two US ports. None of the MX ports counts as "distant". There was a temporary suspension of fines and penalties last year, but I don't see that happening again this year.

Per the "Know Before You Go" section of the DCL website there is some testing in place for 5N and longer cruises. (Has anyone done a 5N or 7N recently that can comment on this?) They would have to offer something similar that meets the Canadian government's requirements for this cruise. I think this is much more likely than a suspension of the PVSA. Again, just my opinion.

View attachment 642176
Well darn.... I was hoping the PVSA pause would remain permanent. I know they initially suspended it to help Alaska, but there's a lot of us who see that law as antiquated and were hoping they would dump it permanently.

Well darn.... I was hoping the PVSA pause would remain permanent. I know they initially suspended it to help Alaska, but there's a lot of us who see that law as antiquated and were hoping they would dump it permanently.
There are three bills in congress that would repeal all or part of the PVSA. However, they are all stuck in committee and likely will never see the light of day. Certainly not in time to impact our cruise in just under 100 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter