May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

Canada is pushing the pleasure craft ban out another year. This announcement does not affect our sailing date. But it's close. Keep your fingers crossed.
OMG I had a semi heart attack when I saw they pushed the ban into 2022, but I have faith this cruise was meant to be...especially for the people who rebooked after going through the 2020 cancellation. I will not, however, be making any of my usual super-early travel arrangements this time around. In fact, I think I'll wait all the way up until Spring of 2022 after the nightmare that was getting refunds last time.

OMG I had a semi heart attack when I saw they pushed the ban into 2022, but I have faith this cruise was meant to be...especially for the people who rebooked after going through the 2020 cancellation. I will not, however, be making any of my usual super-early travel arrangements this time around. In fact, I think I'll wait all the way up until Spring of 2022 after the nightmare that was getting refunds last time.
I'm curious to know if the cruise industry has any political lobbying influence. The reason being, the current "passenger act" (probably not correct terminology) requires that a cruise ship registered outside of the U.S. - all DCL ships are registered in Nassau Bahamas - must touch a non U.S. port on each itinerary. That's why this itinerary originates in Vancouver. If an exception or elimination of this law is created, it may allow DCL to move this sailing to Seattle or San Diego. Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

The way it’s going right now with the vaccine in Canada not sure we are going to get to go. They keep moving the goal post when everyone can get one.

We relied on Uk to send us the vaccine but we keep getting good short ended. Only now are they trying to find a way to make it here. Our factories moved years ago aboard.

My husband thinks the U.S. people probably will go without us. Hope he is wrong. But if we have to many restrictions there will be as will. It’s a lot of money not to enjoy all the time on the ship.

Reading about cruises starting up in Florida, we're squirming at the no vaccine requirement for some cruise lines. With a severely immune compromised family member, we rely on herd immunity. I hope we will learn more about the future of cruising soon. Until then, we're just waiting for our provincial border to open (fingers crossed for July) and then the American border and lifting quarantine requirements. At least we have two weeks booked at Aulani, just in case we opt out of this sailing.

We’ve decided to jump ship and are no longer sailing on this cruise - we’re taking a Wish sailing next year & will do Hawaii with NCL in a few years time. I hope you all have a fabulous cruise!

We're booked on this (pretty much the 1st day we could), but now, after having our "Magic" cruises for 2021 cancelled, we are less hopeful. This would roughly be 25 years after my DW's and my visit to Hawaii post-wedding, so, well, it would be nice.

2,600 passengers and 1,400 crew means a lot of complexity wrto rehiring, retraining, new protocols to determine, follow and revisit.
Let's get vaccinated and stay healthy you'all!

Yes, 1st world problems but these are valuable jobs for many in the 3rd world too. C'mon Canada.

Port authorities in Victoria and Vancouver are lobbying the Canadian government to reopen our ports sooner. But again, logistics… and the land border isn’t even open yet. Plus the vaccine passport debate. So many things need to happen before the cruise ports will open. Even our cruise ports have to rehire their staff, bus companies the same, etc.

I am personally leaning more toward two weeks at Aulani right now but not jumping off the cruise just yet. A lot will happen in the coming months. Our island is 80% vaccinated (first dose) now, so in three months we should have pretty much everyone covered.

Oh my, I was feeling much more positive about May next year being totally fine. We’ve started going all in. Booked airfare last week and since the Canadian dollar is up, we even mostly PIF-ed.

Fingers crossed.

Anyone know what’s up with Aulani for advance (EDIT: of the cruise)? They’ve been out of regular rooms forever.

Last edited:
The cruise has rooms on hold for pre/post-cruise packages. I presume this is why rooms are blocked out. We booked a villa waaaaay back, when rooms were first available. Regular hotel rooms were available then as well, but disappeared shortly thereafter.

We received a special discount offer from DCL on Aulani (30% off) pre or post-cruise stay, but when my TA called, they said that they had no rooms left to offer at that rate

Hi All! We booked this cruise the first day (Platinum) with my parents, after having had multiple 50th anniversary/70th birthday trips for them canceled. Our last Wonder trip was with them on its almost-last Alaska voyage (August 2019). It’ll be me, my wife, 8 yr old son, and my parents. We’re from MI, hoping to stay 3 nights at Aluani before. I am on the “waitlist” via my TA, too but also looking at the DVC 7-month window availability when we get there. Because the cruise starts on a Friday, we may stop in LA and do Disneyland for a few days on the way over. As of right now, this trip would be our return to cruising.

Hi All! We booked this cruise the first day (Platinum) with my parents, after having had multiple 50th anniversary/70th birthday trips for them canceled. Our last Wonder trip was with them on its almost-last Alaska voyage (August 2019). It’ll be me, my wife, 8 yr old son, and my parents. We’re from MI, hoping to stay 3 nights at Aluani before. I am on the “waitlist” via my TA, too but also looking at the DVC 7-month window availability when we get there. Because the cruise starts on a Friday, we may stop in LA and do Disneyland for a few days on the way over. As of right now, this trip would be our return to cruising.
Wow, I feel like you wrote our intro! We too are: *from Michigan*, *staying at Aulani pre-cruise*, and *sailed in August 2019 on the Wonder to Alaska*!

Our son is much older though at 19! This will be cruise #14 or #15 for us, depending on if the August 9th cruise sets sail. So excited about Hawaii -- only been to Aulani once in 2011.

All trends are certainly looking even more positive for no issues on this cruise going after all. I'm excited. We have our air fare booked. I don't get Air Canada's schedule these days but we snagged the last direct flight from Toronto to Honolulu that they're flying. It's longish, but it sure does cut down on our alternate travel time. I think we're at 15 hours total now, instead of 24.

I'm curious to know if the cruise industry has any political lobbying influence. The reason being, the current "passenger act" . . . Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Very reasonable question/wish. I used to work in Port infrastructure and the financial burden placed on residents and businesses in HI, AK and PR due to the Jones Act, etc. is substantial. As with other aspects of our imperfect republic, a relatively small but very profitable and well-organized, domestic-based maritime industry (US shipbuilders, unions, and yes domestic shipping lines) are very powerful and influential. They profit by $$Millions so they care A LOT (and their lobbyists $pend and influence is spread) and everyone else pays only $hundreds so most of us care less.

Ugg i know it’s a long way off but we also have a cruise booked for January.

We are in limbo because my husband and I got mixed doses of Astra Zeneca and Moderna . CDC says we are not fully vaccinated. We tried to talk to Disney but they didn’t really give us an answer other than we can cancel at anytime because it is soon time to pay more on it . We went through Costco.

We saw RRC , Princess and Carnival are not allowing mixed doses. That is why we are worried. I know a lot can change by than but it makes it hard to make plans. Airlines are harder to cancel.

Back on board, and this time bringing some extended family. 60th birthday and 30th anniversary. woot woot.
My sister just told me that her daughter in law will be expecting their first child (sister's first grandchild) smack dab in the middle of this cruise, so she's out. I've already swapped names to some friends who really wanted to get on this cruise. We have booked two rooms with my wife and I split across the two to get platinum benefits for everyone. Has anyone here done that before? I know it's not a problem but I'm curious how to manage the room keys. Can I get the keys reprogrammed for the right rooms once we are on board?

My sister just told me that her daughter in law will be expecting their first child (sister's first grandchild) smack dab in the middle of this cruise, so she's out. I've already swapped names to some friends who really wanted to get on this cruise. We have booked two rooms with my wife and I split across the two to get platinum benefits for everyone. Has anyone here done that before? I know it's not a problem but I'm curious how to manage the room keys. Can I get the keys reprogrammed for the right rooms once we are on board?
Yeah. We have done it before. :) Just go to the guest services desk and have extra keys made for each room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!