May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

Please do update! We used Costco also. We booked this cruise twice. The first time Costco had a date around now. When we re-booked (with the onboard discount) the due date was 2/2/14. Save me the call! Thank you. I just looked up the first invoice from Costco. It said 12/19/13. Yikes, what are they doing? OK, I just fake booked the cruise on DCL and their due date is due January 3, 2014. I wonder when it is due???

We booked with DCL directly and our PIF date is 1/2/14

We booked with DCL directly and our PIF date is 1/2/14
We too booked direct with DCL via on board booking agent to get the 20% off and had a PIF of 2/14/14. Or something close to that. We paid cause we can book stuff tonight at Midnight eastern. No need to check in as we don't need a PAT time. So for everyone who can book at midnight, what are your plans. Right now ours are just brunch at Palo.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Hi everyone, thought if re intro myself since I had two posts in April then fell of the radar. I just wanted to thank everyone for their hotel and shuttle leads and now that we are in a closer proximity to the cruise I'll be starting to book. We are from San Diego and have a son who will turn 2 on the cruise and this is our second cruise on the wonder but this time we are cruising with ds grandparents. I'm reading through all of the threads and will probably chime in once I get an idea of what I'm doing in 4 months! :-)

We too booked direct with DCL via on board booking agent to get the 20% off and had a PIF of 2/14/14. Or something close to that. We paid cause we can book stuff tonight at Midnight eastern. No need to check in as we don't need a PAT time. So for everyone who can book at midnight, what are your plans. Right now ours are just brunch at Palo.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

We also booked on board with DCL to receive the discounts.
But we switched over to Costco for the gift cards (in addition to the DCL discounts)

I'm aware that you are able to book (the cruise extras, Palo etc.) much earlier than everyone else because of your status.
I don't think we will have much of a problem booking a dinner at Palo if we wait until 2/2/14. It's a 15 night cruise.
We will probably pay the cruise off within the next week or so, just to be on the safe side.
But I love getting the Costco gift cards.
This past June we booked with Costco and we got about $1,800 in gift cards and this cruise we will receive $500.

Hi everyone, thought if re intro myself since I had two posts in April then fell of the radar. I just wanted to thank everyone for their hotel and shuttle leads and now that we are in a closer proximity to the cruise I'll be starting to book. We are from San Diego and have a son who will turn 2 on the cruise and this is our second cruise on the wonder but this time we are cruising with ds grandparents. I'm reading through all of the threads and will probably chime in once I get an idea of what I'm doing in 4 months! :-)
San Diego! We need tips! Welcome back.:goodvibes

Happy New Year PC cruisers!:wave2:

We also booked on board with DCL to receive the discounts.
But we switched over to Costco for the gift cards (in addition to the DCL discounts)

I'm aware that you are able to book (the cruise extras, Palo etc.) much earlier than everyone else because of your status.
I don't think we will have much of a problem booking a dinner at Palo if we wait until 2/2/14. It's a 15 night cruise.
We will probably pay the cruise off within the next week or so, just to be on the safe side.
This past June we booked with Costco and we got about $1,800 in gift cards and this cruise we will receive $500.

San Diego! We need tips! Welcome back.:goodvibes

Happy New Year PC cruisers!:wave2:
Whew, just read all the threads and it looks like I need to call Costco to find out when to pay! I also will check out ft Lauderdale for competitive pricing on hotels and flights. As for San Diego, ask me anything, in a couple of days it will mark my 11th year living here soI've done quite a bit of the stuff over here, I know about the zoo, sea world, Legoland, as well as attractions and hotels near the airport and cruise ship terminal, I may not have stayed there but have been in quite a few while meeting visiting friends.

We love them, too! We get $450 this time.

Had to call my mom and tell her to get on the horn with them as well. She also got an extension, but they only gave her til 1/7. :confused3

I'm going to pay tomorrow, just for peace of mind!

We've been to SD a lot (family + Legoland/Sea World). I also went to a conference there in Oct. 2012 and absolutely loved this place:

It doesn't seem impressive at #317, but it had the absolute best cucumber mint vodka drink EVER. Yum yum!

We love them, too! We get $450 this time.

Had to call my mom and tell her to get on the horn with them as well. She also got an extension, but they only gave her til 1/7. :confused3

I'm going to pay tomorrow, just for peace of mind!

We've been to SD a lot (family + Legoland/Sea World). I also went to a conference there in Oct. 2012 and absolutely loved this place:

It doesn't seem impressive at #317, but it had the absolute best cucumber mint vodka drink EVER. Yum yum!

I'm really surprised no one contacted me to ask me for money yet, but I also cannot tell what day I'm due to pay, I even logged in with my reservation number on the disney cruise site and still cannot tell, oh well I'll call Costco tomorrow when it's not a holiday.

BTW thanks everyone for the FLL suggestion, if we fly to MIA it seems like we need to either do a lot of layovers or deal with less than optimal carriers. FLL opens up a lot more options, not to mention them being much more reasonably priced!

I'm really surprised no one contacted me to ask me for money yet, but I also cannot tell what day I'm due to pay, I even logged in with my reservation number on the disney cruise site and still cannot tell, oh well I'll call Costco tomorrow when it's not a holiday.

BTW thanks everyone for the FLL suggestion, if we fly to MIA it seems like we need to either do a lot of layovers or deal with less than optimal carriers. FLL opens up a lot more options, not to mention them being much more reasonably priced!

Weird, right? I still need to call them today, but another little snag got my attention first. We, too, chose to fly into FLL. Got a great deal since I booked right when the flights became available. But now United has made a change to the itinerary. We were supposed to arrive at 5pm but now it won't be til 7pm. Doesn't allow us to go to the Marlins game! Ugh. So now I have to change our flight. And I already have changed our hotel to one in Miami instead of near FLL. Ate it on the FLL hotel, but it will be worth it to avoid driving back and forth to see the game. But whatevs, I have to do what I gotta do, since this is my bucket list cruise!!!

4 Months from today!

:goodvibes

I am thoroughly impressed with the deals you got on gift cards, Muushka!:goodvibes
While I'm here, here's the list so far for the Candy Exchange!
beagle fan 7052 - Kevin
Mama2Hope
JenDen 6307
MommyTo5
bobbiwoz

We are now PIF. It is time to start to get excited. 119 day left. We hope to meet you all soon.

Is anyone planning to go on a particular shore excursion through Disney? Or, are you going off on your own in various ports. We do book through the cruise lines as a rule, but I would love to hear about other options as well.

I want to re-read the thread, is there a plan for a "day of embarkation meet?"

Bobbi:goodvibes

Is anyone planning to go on a particular shore excursion through Disney? Or, are you going off on your own in various ports. We do book through the cruise lines as a rule, but I would love to hear about other options as well. I want to re-read the thread, is there a plan for a "day of embarkation meet?" Bobbi:goodvibes

Bano and I are planning 3 tours through the cruise line. In Cartagena we plan on CT03, Deluxe Cartagena and Folkloricshow. In Puerto Vallarta we are doing the city tour. In Cabo San Lucas we are doing CL06 Harbor Cruise and Scenic Stop. We have been to the other port many times before so we will probably enjoy a quite ship.

Bano and I are planning 3 tours through the cruise line. In Cartagena we plan on CT03, Deluxe Cartagena and Folkloricshow. In Puerto Vallarta we are doing the city tour. In Cabo San Lucas we are doing CL06 Harbor Cruise and Scenic Stop. We have been to the other port many times before so we will probably enjoy a quite ship.

Great!
We were looking at 2 of those, the boat in Cabo San Lucas for sure. I see that we can book around January 14 or 15 and we will pay in full before than.

Weird, right? I still need to call them today, but another little snag got my attention first. We, too, chose to fly into FLL. Got a great deal since I booked right when the flights became available. But now United has made a change to the itinerary. We were supposed to arrive at 5pm but now it won't be til 7pm. Doesn't allow us to go to the Marlins game! Ugh. So now I have to change our flight. And I already have changed our hotel to one in Miami instead of near FLL. Ate it on the FLL hotel, but it will be worth it to avoid driving back and forth to see the game. But whatevs, I have to do what I gotta do, since this is my bucket list cruise!!!

Interestingly I'm on the phone with Costco right now and she's saying that it's due today, thank goodness I logged into the forums yesterday! I truly thought they'd email or send me snail mail or call me or something! I'll have to follow up with her once she gets back from hold

Thanks so much for all who said to call Costco!! :lovestruc

Interestingly I'm on the phone with Costco right now and she's saying that it's due today, thank goodness I logged into the forums yesterday! I truly thought they'd email or send me snail mail or call me or something! I'll have to follow up with her once she gets back from hold

Thanks so much for all who said to call Costco!! :lovestruc

Did she verify with DCL? When I called Costco the other day at first he said it was due 1/2. But then I told him my paperwork said 2/2. So he called DCL and they told him 2/2. Ugh!

ALERT ALERT!!!

I called Costco about an hour ago to pay this dang thing off. The person this time told me that "they tried to call me" (I call BS on that one since uh, I was calling her on the very number - my iPhone - that they had listed, and no call whatsoever today from them) and tell me that they were only able to get an extension until TUESDAY 1/7.

OMG I AM SUPPOSED TO BE ON VACATION!!! Sheesh, this has been more stressful than necessary. But I'm PIF now so I guess I can go back to enjoying my last two days of our three week trip.

Did she verify with DCL? When I called Costco the other day at first he said it was due 1/2. But then I told him my paperwork said 2/2. So he called DCL and they told him 2/2. Ugh!

She did put me on hold for a while and came back and said it was in fact 1/2 because it's 2 weeks earlier than Disney's due date (she said they take payment 2 weeks before Disney's due date to make sure it all clears and you are not charged a late fee by Disney). I looked back at my original paperwork and it did say 2/2 but since I had her switch rooms for me today when she re-sent me the paperwork it said 1/2. I asked her for future reference if they give you any notice or if you're just supposed to note it in your personal calendar and she said that Costco travel offers the service to schedule the payment to come out on the due date, but I bet I opted out of that since I wasn't 100% sure we'd go on this trip when I booked. I did ask if costco charged a late fee if I paid a day late since I wasn't 100% ready today and wanted to look some things over, she said she'd put a note in my file that I could pay tomorrow so I'm not sure if there's usually a late fee or not...basically the end result is I highly recommend you call costco even if you have a date of 2/2 on your copy, it may not be showing that over at costco and you don't want a late fee from Disney! :confused3

Good luck all!

ALERT ALERT!!!

I called Costco about an hour ago to pay this dang thing off. The person this time told me that "they tried to call me" (I call BS on that one since uh, I was calling her on the very number - my iPhone - that they had listed, and no call whatsoever today from them) and tell me that they were only able to get an extension until TUESDAY 1/7.

OMG I AM SUPPOSED TO BE ON VACATION!!! Sheesh, this has been more stressful than necessary. But I'm PIF now so I guess I can go back to enjoying my last two days of our three week trip.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation! I have been stressing about this too! They had really long wait times on the phone too, I bet that lots of people are trying to pay off their cruise, she kept apologizing that there were long hold times!

I'll call AGAIN tomorrow. Ugh. I really thought that the guy who helped me had called you DCL.
I hope there are no late charges!
Thanks for the heads up.

PS I wanted to get the travel ins before the final payment and I couldn't do that until I talked about it to my husband. All set. Got a good price from Costco.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter