May 18-21-06 Anyone traveling with toddlers?

Karin,

I saw you pirate pix!!! How cool! It does look like you had tons of fun. I did check out a few pirate costumes online-but I don't want to dish out $48 for a 1 time use..I'll just wait to 10/31...Lots of sales locally. :thumbsup2

mamaof2 said:
Karin,

I saw you pirate pix!!! How cool! It does look like you had tons of fun. I did check out a few pirate costumes online-but I don't want to dish out $48 for a 1 time use..I'll just wait to 10/31...Lots of sales locally. :thumbsup2
Okay, so did you figure out who I was??! Yes, I'm the one holding my DD with the awful sunburn I had just gotten on CC! AND I put on tons of sunscreen and actually also reapplied the sunscreen AND wore a visor. Still got FRIED!

You know, honestly, if we hadn't been in huge group like that I don't know if we would've dressed up. Being in a group made it totally worth that extra suitcase! It was the funnest night. After dinner we all met up on deck. I think that you're doing the right thing with the bandanas. You also could save the space and use the ones they give you at dinner. When I looked at that pirate costume thread, there was a very cute and simple idea--the Ahoy Mickey t-shirts. pirate:

OMG--You did get fried!!! :sunny:
I was away for a couple of days-I come home and everything feels and looks so different! Why is that-things are exactly were I put them-noone has been in the house-yet-It feels so strange? I could never pin point why that is!
Oh well--my journeys as a daughter--was about 85 miles away from home, tending to my parents needs--how fun! :furious: It's always the silliest things that get to me! How is your dd feeling. Her surgery is coming up. Are you dealing with it? Did you stack up and yummys for her?

I just booked the 4 day land and 3 day cruise. the cruise starts on the 18th. We will be traveling with our daughter who is almost 3. She is going to have so much fun..

bgartz said:
I just booked the 4 day land and 3 day cruise. the cruise starts on the 18th. We will be traveling with our daughter who is almost 3. She is going to have so much fun..
Welcome! :wave2: This is great! Your daughter is right in the middle of Annie's daughters! It's starting to get close now. Where are you staying on your land part?

mamaof2 said:
OMG--You did get fried!!! :sunny:
I was away for a couple of days-I come home and everything feels and looks so different! Why is that-things are exactly were I put them-noone has been in the house-yet-It feels so strange? I could never pin point why that is!
Oh well--my journeys as a daughter--was about 85 miles away from home, tending to my parents needs--how fun! :furious: It's always the silliest things that get to me! How is your dd feeling. Her surgery is coming up. Are you dealing with it? Did you stack up and yummys for her?
Welcome home! I really love to visit my parents, but in the last couple of years, I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I get home. It's the same feeling I would get going home to my parents' house during college. But now it's my house!

My DD is much better now. I'm just waiting for the inevitable weekend cold to come on. Her surgery is at 9am on Tuesday. Not so early that we have to get up at the crack of dawn, but not so late so that she's starving and whining. Monday I will stock up on popsicles, jello, etc. We have a shaved ice machine that I haven't used since summer, so she's excited about that.

Did you know that I have seen insane shaved ice flavors---I saw papaya, mango, coconut...I said yuk, when I 1st saw it. I tried it and it was a different story. It was delicious. It actually had real fruit in it. How yummy.
I live in the poconos..The weather this year has been good to us. only 2 snow falls and above 20 degree weather the entire winter. :goodvibes
I am in need of some sun....and I mean SOME sun. By this time of the year, I have lost all color to my skin. I look pale, along with everyone else in this dreaded area. Have you seen those old vampire movies? That is what my area looks like. :charac2: :eek:
Maybe not so much, but you get my drift....
Have a good day!

Tahoe said:
Welcome! :wave2: This is great! Your daughter is right in the middle of Annie's daughters! It's starting to get close now. Where are you staying on your land part?

Port Olreans French Quarter.. We went to AK last fall, and my Daughter loved it. So back to Disney we come for another round. I thought adding the cruise this time would be a nice treat..

:welcome:
Hi there!! :wave:
I have an almost 3 yr old (5/29) and a 4 yr old. We will also be staying at WDW after the cruise. We are staying at the Coronado Springs..Love the place. Can not get enough of it. Karin has children but lucky her she will be traveling with her DH on their anniversary.... :love: :love: :love:
I told Karin that I want to be just like her...LOL
This will be my 1st cruise and 2nd time at WDW.
Welcome Aboard!!!! :sail: we will be sailing away soon...... party:

mamaof2 said:
Did you know that I have seen insane shaved ice flavors---I saw papaya, mango, coconut...I said yuk, when I 1st saw it. I tried it and it was a different story. It was delicious. It actually had real fruit in it. How yummy.
I live in the poconos..The weather this year has been good to us. only 2 snow falls and above 20 degree weather the entire winter. :goodvibes
I am in need of some sun....and I mean SOME sun. By this time of the year, I have lost all color to my skin. I look pale, along with everyone else in this dreaded area. Have you seen those old vampire movies? That is what my area looks like. :charac2: :eek:
Maybe not so much, but you get my drift....
Have a good day!
You're too funny! I've found that my true color is pale, despite living in San Diego. As you saw in that picture, I don't tan; I burn. So it's just easier to stay pale and out of the sun when I can. Every year I go to the dermatologist and get spots burned off my face. It's just not worth it anymore.

It's getting close! Have either of you decided what to do on Nassau day?? I'm thinking now about just staying on the ship at Nassau. Maybe I'll do the wine tasting. Though I might get off and buy a few rum cakes, and the pirate museum sounds fun for an hour or so. We'll see! On our last cruise, we didn't leave Nassau until 2am (so the crew could have an evening off), so my son and I got off at 10pm and took pictures of the ship at night. It was beautiful and fun to walk around, just the dock area, at night.

OMG!!!! Do you know that I did the rum tasting in PR. They have the bacardi factory out there. I thought it would be nothing.I t's tasting for goodness sake. I left that company 1/2 asleep. Needless to say-i will never do it again.
:drinking1 :teleport: :hyper: :faint:
I was so out of it. I can not hold my drink. :offtopic: I still haven't decided on what to do in Nassau. My dh wants to go down to Atlantis??? I am not thrilled with the idea. I think it will be a great waste of money. I want to do the Atlantis trip at a different time. I must book something soon though. Our time is coming up soon. I can't believe I can finally say--"Next month, I am going on my 1st cruise. " YAY!!!
I hope all goes well with your dd. Make sure you get plenty of sleep.. Regardless, you will be exhausted.... pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hey guys - I'm cruising with you! Can't wait till next month, I tell ya. Although I haven't packed yet, I do have a hamper started with things to bring (you know, toss it in so I don't forget).

We're staying at the Poly starting on the Satruday beforehand. I'm very VERY excited. It will be ds's (5) first time to Disney and he'll be so awed by it all. Dh and I have both been before and we have both cruised before - so this time we'll live through ds's eyes and relive the first-time wonder.

hehe - can't wait!

kstrib said:
Hey guys - I'm cruising with you! Can't wait till next month, I tell ya. Although I haven't packed yet, I do have a hamper started with things to bring (you know, toss it in so I don't forget).

We're staying at the Poly starting on the Satruday beforehand. I'm very VERY excited. It will be ds's (5) first time to Disney and he'll be so awed by it all. Dh and I have both been before and we have both cruised before - so this time we'll live through ds's eyes and relive the first-time wonder.

hehe - can't wait!
:wave:

Hi,
As you probably read, I have a 2 and 4 yr DD. This will be our 1st time cruising-2nd time to WDW. It's great yet nerve wrecking. I too am super excited about this trip. I can't wait to see my dd's eyes when she see's her Minnie ship. That's what she says. YAY.....
My girls are fans of minnie and mickey. They will be disneyed out by the end of our trip., or maybe not.. :wave2:

My ds can't quite figure out how we're going to sleep on the ship. I've told him it's like a hotel on a ship but I can tell he still doesn't get it. I think he'll be totally thrilled with how HUGE the ship is when we arrive at to board.

Are you going to WDW before the cruise or just the cruise?

On Nassau, we're doing the dolphin experience. I think ds will be a little freaked out but will eventually love it. I bet that it becomes the "talked about" thing from the trip.

Dh and I have been to Atlantis before on a trip (6 years ago) and enjoyed it very much. We didn't really like Nassau as a city because there isn't THAT much to do, but Paradise Island was great. I don't think it would be all that great, though, if you couldn't use the pools and stuff. That's what made it the most fun. Everything was too spendy $$ to enjoy. Eating was pricey, gambling had high table minimums, and the shopping is very high end (Versace type stuff). I would say, though, it might be nice to grab a cab and walk around for a little bit as "part" of a day in Nassau. But I wouldn't do a whole day over there and not be able to use the pools. That's my $.02.

I'm still debating on whether or not I'm keeping my massage appointment in an outdoor hut at CC. There are conflicting reports on it being either nice & wonderful or muggy and hot.

Oh, and I got some pirate stuff at my party supply store (pirate birthday party favors). I have clip on earings, tattoos, and an eye patch. I have a red/white stripe shirt for ds and I'm going to cutoff some black sweat pants for him to wear on the bottom. I'm not sure what dh and I will wear for clothes - haven't gotten to that part yet!

Kat,

I am staying at WDW for 3/4 days after the cruise. I am skipping out on drssing up for pirate night. I will do the kids--dh will wear a bandana. pirate:
I am a terror as it is... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
pirate:
I am still debating on what excursions to do. I want to do parasailing-still thinking about it...I put some thought into things!!!! :scratchin
Well, have a good night---
I am calling it a day.

Well I may be on the cruise, we are still debating about it - we have to make up our minds this weekend. We were just going to WDW - but the cruise sounds great.

It will be me, DH & DS (6) we are flying in on the 17th. and may stay at the Radisson, the after we are going to WDW and staying at SOG until May 26 then heading to Ft. Lauderdale to visit FIL.

I think my DS would love the cruise, he wants to do the kids club -

I will keep you posted when I make the reservation! Nothing like last minute planning.

Joyce

Welcome Kat and, hopefully, Joyce! :wave2: How great that you are able to make last minute decisions! Sometimes those are the best kind!

Kat, I was interested to read your decription of Atlantis. That was something we considered doing instead of a cruise--thought it might be cheaper, but it sounds like maybe not.

Bye for now! (Annie, FYI, DD's surgery went great. Tonsils and adenoids were huge--blocking everything, so it was a good decision. Her recovery has gone very smooth, however, yesterday she refused to take the tylenol--a little battle of wills--so by the afternoon she was getting crabby and wasn't talking because her throat hurt.... I did get her to take it before bed, and I think she was surprised how good she felt! She was smiling again.)

GJM said:
Well I may be on the cruise, we are still debating about it - we have to make up our minds this weekend. We were just going to WDW - but the cruise sounds great.

It will be me, DH & DS (6) we are flying in on the 17th. and may stay at the Radisson, the after we are going to WDW and staying at SOG until May 26 then heading to Ft. Lauderdale to visit FIL.

I think my DS would love the cruise, he wants to do the kids club -

I will keep you posted when I make the reservation! Nothing like last minute planning.

Joyce
Joyce,

Hi,
I hope you do have the chance to go on the cruise. It is my 1st time cruising but because of this board--I feel like a pro..YAY :teacher:
There are a lot of great people that are more than willing to explain things and fill you in on info. It's great... We are lucky to have Karin. She has been on the cruise previously. She knows the ins and outs...Shes great.
Well, hope too see your there. Keep us posted.

Well I believe we are going to do the cruise - it is just so much money for the 4 days - but I figured we will see is DS likes it and will do a longer one next time.

Me & DH have been a cruise, Voyoger of the Seas, it was the best vacation I have ever been on.

What is everyone doing in the Bahamas, I'm thinking we may rent a room at Comfort Suites and go to Atlantis for the day. Me & DH have been there before, great place and I think DS may like the pools.

Is anyone staying the night before, I'm thinking of the Radison - not sure. I hate last minute planning, I'm a planner!

Joyce

Joyce,

I am flying out through Newark, NJ Intl Airport on the same day as the cruise.
We have a 7am flight--I am not to worried about it though. I really should have planned it for the day before, but it would have just been to hectic-waiting for dh to get out of work to then take a 1 hr drive to Newark.
I too am a Jersey girl---just temporarily stuck in the boonies. for 3 more months--YAY!!! I understand that the cruise is a BIG expense..Trus me-I thought about it for weeks before we came to a final decision. We really wanted to go with a different cruise line-but I couldn't stay away from Disney. We just watched how we were spending and wala---we are on our way to a cruise and park adventure. YAY again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter