May 18-21-06 Anyone traveling with toddlers?

That not many have responded to this day... :confused3
Oh well! I bought sand toys for $1 at a local pharmacy. Disposable YAY!
I am taking a bag with bottled water for the girls. They don't like drinking juice or soda. I am also taking snacks that they are particular with. I don't exactly want to over pack, but these are things I need for them. I wonder if I could check the water bottles in, or if I have to carry it on with me? That's what i did last time. I once ended up spending about $20 on water bottles from vending machine. I need to avoid expenses like that......
Oh well Take care.

It actually surprises me a little too, however, not many DISers take 3-night cruises. Hopefully once the two-month mark passes, people will either start researching more and come across the DIS, or people who are waiting for last minute deals (like the FL rates) will book.

Your daughters should get lots of use out of the sand toys! We packed a bunch of water bottles in our luggage, but I also had a separate carryon with water that I checked at the curb so I didn't have to carry it on. We'll probably do the same thing again. They do have filtered water at the drink station, so if you want, you can fill up your empty water bottles. We preferred the bottled water, though.

We've both booked aromatherapy stone massages for the morning we're in Nassau. I'm considering canceling mine because here I can get three for that price! Plus, I just don't feel like we're going to be on the ship that long, and I want to enjoy that morning having coffee on our verandah, at the Cove Cafe, or by the pool. We will get off the ship later in the day and wander around. Maybe take a cab to Atlantis to see if that's a place we'd want to bring the kids for vacation some day (Child magazine rated it as the #1 kid-friendly resort in the Carribean). I also want to go to the pirate museum since we didn't go with the kids--we thought it would be too scary for them!

We have Palo reserved for Nassau night too, even though that is pirate night. But it's an early 6pm reservation so we'll hopefully have room in our tummies to enjoy the buffet later in the evening! Bye :wave2:

I also looked into the spa prices, they were insane...I could do it at home with better quality. I do have to say that Palo does sound nice-but I can't do it. THE KIDS!!!! I don't think that my little one will stay at the nursery long enough. She is still a bit young. It's really not that bad though, I know that my DH and I take turns with them. If their is anything I really want to do, I can -he watches them. Thanks for the heads up with the water bottles being bagged. Last Sept. I carried 2 backpacks filled with water bottles. That was not fun, especially since I stayed at the CSR...you have to walk about 1/2 mile to get to your room, unless you want to wait 1/2 hour for a golf cart to pick you up. LOL
I was so tired, but I have to say that it was worth the trouble.
Besides, I think I have so left over back muscles pertruding from that walk..Just Kidding!!! Well, talk to you soon.

Even if you don't do one "adult" thing on your cruise, it's still going to be great! We didn't do anything adult on our cruise, and our kids spent a big total of 0 hours in the kids clubs. (I did attend Do-Si-Do with Snow White together with DD, and I took her to the kids club when they were on deck 7 aft, and she participated in some games for about 15 min., but I didn't feel comfortable leaving her there alone, nor did she want to be left alone.) I think that my DS would've loved the Lab, but he didn't want to go, which was fine by my DH and me.

That's why now this will be a totally different experience for us, even though it's the same ports.

Enjoy this time with your kids, and then take an adult cruise for your anniversary! :thumbsup2

Don't worry, you won't have to spend time before the cruise to get in shape to lug water! (That's too funny!)

Annie, I just read the parasailing thread. Are you going to do it for sure??! My DH is booked for the 9am one. What about you? (I decided not to do it.)

I am thinking about it. I will not do any advance resv. because I wouldn't know how the girls are going to be on that day. My husband is backing me up on this one. It's going to be my mommys day gift--
What a leap huh? Make sure he takes a water camera. He will be able to take pix from the air. I am plannig on taking one with me. You should go with your hubby--is he doing it at CC or nassau? I am planning on doing it at CC. I read somewhere that you could do it at nassau but the view is not as relaxing. This will be my 1st time and am looking forward to it. I also want to do the banana boat ride. I am afraid that my back won't be able to take it though... ;) I am getting old at 30 :blush: Wow-it feels odd to see my kids become more independent. My baby is turing 3 on May 29. My big girl is turning 5 in Oct. It's amazing--just when I thought I wasn't going to survive motherhood--I found my calm after the storm.
Did your hubby do the resv.? I would do it early also, It must be beautiful in the morning....

Yes! I have on my list to get a water camera! He's parasailing at CC--and we reserved online. We had friends on the last cruise who went at 9am, and they said the boat wasn't overcrowded (and there was only one boat--two boats go later). Also, I've heard that the wind picks up in the afternoon, so many times parasailing is cancelled in the afternoon.

If you do decide to go, maybe I can get myself up and off the ship early with you both and get pictures as you leave the dock.

The banana boat ride looks fun, but my back (almost 40-year-old arthritic back!) wouldn't be able to take it either. Plus, I have this fear of falling off--DH, DS, and I fell off a waverunner several years ago--scared me to death (mostly because my son was with us).

Isn't it amazing that almost overnight motherhood becomes "easier." I have loved every age my kids have been, but the ages they are now are just calmer. I've actually picked up reading again.

Last week DH bought me 3 James Patterson books. I always read his books before I got pregnant with my 1st. I stopped for a couple of years and have just picked up my books again. YAY!!!
DH said that I should do the online resv. just incase... I will take his advise, just because I don't want to miss out on this experience. After I make my resv. I'll let you know. You should go up with us. That would be great. My heart pounds at the shear thought of being so far up. But all the more reason to do it..... Karin, I am so excited of my 1st cruise.

I've been too busy reading to write! :rotfl2: No, really, I'm completely engrossed in this book (which I'm almost done with). I read for two hours straight last night, and when my DH came home last night after a meeting, I'm positive that he was outright shocked to see me on the couch reading with the TV off--that is definitely not my evening routine!

I really would love to go parasailing because I actually like that kind of thing, but I don't want to deal with the small boat, even though I'll be wearing the patch. I just get too seasick. SO I will be free to take pictures as you leave, if you also have the 9am time. Good idea to book online, BTW.

Hope you're having a good week!

My life is revolving around this board...Every chance I have I try to read the different post. I don't subscribe to many, however- I try to read on everyone elses experience w/ DCL. This as you know, will be my 1st cruise-ever-and I don't want to go in there like a scared cat-looking for someone to answer my questions-and telling me what to do....That is why I am so glad for people like you. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:
Some pixiedust your way. You have answered about every question I had.
Did you noticed that we made it to the 1 mth mark!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: YAY!!!
Well, I can relate about time consuming - good books. I hope the ending is not horrible though. I hate when that happens.....
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
enjoy your book.

mamaof2 said:
My life is revolving around this board....
I check it at least twice a day! I usually just run down the titles of the threads, and if any interest me or pertain to my cruise, then I read them. You will be glad, and so will your DH, that you've done your research! You will get that much more out of the cruise and not feel so overwhelmed.

My DH was "happy" when our first cruise was over because he jokingly said that I would quit being obsessed. Then he goes and suggests another cruise! :confused3 You know, it's mindless (to a certain extent) entertainment and it's a good break once in a while from reality. It gives us a chance to daydream! Besides, thanks to my obsession with this board before our last cruise, we met friends who we'll see again this summer and then hopefully plan other cruises and/or vacations with for many years to come!

Yes! We're now under two months and we've made it to page 3--just the two of us! :cool1:

Yes, we made it to page 3!!! :rotfl2:
Now the debate between dh and I was-how to loose weight before our trip? he says, "don't bother, it's too late!(how negative)---I say "It's worth the try" Especially if I want to parasail. I don't want to yank the shoot off the tiny boat... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh well--Lo que sera, sera!! What ever will be, will be..
Have a good day. I am in a battle with my 2 yr old today. I doubt I'll be able to do anything else. There goes my day.

:Pinkbounc Bumping again!
Don't listen to your DH! With 7 weeks to go, you could possibly lose 10 pounds or more, if that's what you want! It is worth a try. Don't forget that the maximum for parasailing is 375 lbs, so you won't be ripping any parachute off the boat! :rotfl2:

You must be done with it by now. :thumbsup2
I am done with my packing-can you believe that. I only have left to pack up shoes and carry on bag. I did all the shopping I had to do in 1 day.. Macys had great sales..I have no idea why--they are usually so over priced.. Thank God they had sales though.. :banana: whoo hoo... :cheer2:
I am not planning on over packing but really don't know if I could avoid it. I already have two 25in bags packed--I am thinking I need to pack a 3rd---the horror :eek:

Book is done and was great! I can't start another until the month is over, though. I have a ton of things to take care of, and it's hard to do if I'm involved in a good book.

Are you saying that you are almost done packing for THIS cruise??! WOW! You're organized! Gosh, this way, you'll have time to look through your suitcases one more time and see whether you really will need something. Though you're packing for WDW too, huh??

Have a good weekend!

I am packing for DW also, that's what makes it tricky!! I was thinking about packing for 4 days worth- and doing laundry at the ship--however---I am a germaphobe!!! :crazy: I think that if I have to use a public washer--I would have to do an empty wash 1st..Then add my clothes to the 2nd wash... My husband tells me to do that, instead of overpacking. I am so sceptical about certain things...I just can't help myself. My dh cracks up when I go to the hospital--I FREAK out---I am kinda monkish--- :ssst: You should have seen me giving birth--It was ugly!!! :magnify: I don't take pride in it-or make it known publicly-I just run around with anti-bacterial wipes--maybe not so bad LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I just have the what to wear dilema--I don't like wearing dresses or skirts--I just don't have the body for them..I have a pant suit I could wear--but do I really have to carry with so much? What to do??? :confused3 I am glad that atleast I am done packing for the dds and dh. I am almost done with mine except for the dinner wear...I will figure it out-eventually-
:wave: Goodbye for now

mamaof2 said:
I think that if I have to use a public washer--I would have to do an empty wash 1st..Then add my clothes to the 2nd wash...
Then I glad you didn't see the cloth diaper thread some months back! :rotfl:

Before our cruise, in the midst of cold/flu season, I was a germaphobe too! I carried wipes and antibacterial gel and was constantly telling my kids to wash their hands. I told them I would let up after the cruise. However, it still didn't prevent my DD from getting pink eye the day before we were to leave! I was so scared that we would be denied boarding if they looked at her! By the time we got on the ship, she was healthy, thankfully. It was DH that spent the at sea day in the room sick!

This month has been horrible for illness in my family. I'm hoping that after DD gets her tonsils out (in 10 days) that she won't be so prone.

Unless you're going to Palo, I don't think that you need to bring anything "dressy," unless you want to. I wore pants and capris to dinner and didn't feel out of place. As long as you're not wearing shorts or a bathing suit, you'll be fine! The 3-day is the most casual of all, I've heard. Our 4-day was casual too. We had an extra suitcase just for the pirate costumes....

WOW, Congrats on the pirate costums. I think that is awesome. I unfortunately don't have any costums. Not until 10/31. Then, I will surely buy a couple. I doubt that I will be able to find any now. I did buy my dh an eye patch from the local pharmacy. I will buy the girls-red or black hankys for their heads. How funny are we going to look.. pirate: Arrggg!!!
Have a good week....
I hope your dd feels better soon. I think cepacol would be a good anesthetic for her --depending on her weight and age. Maybe ask her Dr. I am sure that he can give her something other than antibiotics in the event of infection. Something for the discomfort she must be feeling. Well good luck to you and her. She will be fine--Stock up all you can eat ice cream--yum!

Thanks for the advice! If I remember correctly, the only thing we got for DS when he had his tonsils out was tylenol with codiene. I gave him one teaspoon and decided that we'd stick with just tylenol--totally changed his behavior. I won't even fill the prescription this time.

If you want to know websites to buy inexpensive pirate costumes, let me know! I got ours online and on sale. We're scheduled to go to Palo that night, so I probably won't bring them along, except maybe DH's hat and eyepatch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter