~~~ May 16, 2009 ~~~ Western Magic ~~~ Part 2 ~~~ Key Lime Pie-rates ~~~

OK as of tomorrow it will have been 1 week since we left the Magic.... I'm ready to go back!

OK as of tomorrow it will have been 1 week since we left the Magic.... I'm ready to go back!

Our DCL withdrawal was so bad we booked the 20 Jun Tortola cruise 3 days ago:yay: (the contract/luggage tags arrived this morning:banana:). The military rate was too good to pass up.

I just put some photos and video over on the main board from snorkeling at Castaway Cay last Friday

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32015630&posted=1#post32015630

We should start a photo album somewhere of all of the pics that we took on the trip. My son will have some good photos up on his website when he gets time. He is in Dallas this week and will be back next week.

Hi Tim

Sorry we missed you on the last morning at breakfast, we decided to get off the ship first thing and have some park time! I'm glad we got to sit near each other at dinner! Your daughter is stunning by the way!

Now going to look at your photo's.

I have started my food review (link in my signature) if anyone is interested! I will be getting to the cruise eventually! Any more trip reports ont he go yet?

That's really cool that you booked another one on the Magic for next month dta. I'd love to jump on the July 11th Eastern. Good deal or not, it's so NOT going to happen! Well...maybe if we win the lottery. lol Whenever we're looking to go it always ends up being a Western. One of these days we must finally do an Eastern.

It has helped me tremendously that I had a cruise booked all along for September (carnival), so now I've kinda thrown myself into planning that a bit. I keep thinking it's going to be SO weird not knowing, even slightly, anyone else on that ship! What a difference that will be.

We should start a photo album somewhere of all of the pics that we took on the trip. My son will have some good photos up on his website when he gets time. He is in Dallas this week and will be back next week.

That sounds like a wonderful idea! I'd be willing to post all of mine on there to share. I'm starting to work on a trip report so hopefully I'll get that posted soon.

Tim -- that is awesome you booked another cruise! If I had the vacation, I woudl go again with Sabrina. We had a blast. It is too bad that Yoni didn't enjoy it.

Sonya -- looking forward the food report!!!

Lynsey -- can't wait to read the TR!

I jotted down notes for our TR -- figured it would be a good perspective with 2 kids and a DH who just isn't into the Disney thing. We'll see --as y'all know -- I can be wordy....:rolleyes1

Ok, off to check out my neighbor's garage sale. Have a good weekend everyone!

Well after being back from the cruise and having reality hit full force I'm ready to go back to sitting on the deck and reading a book.

Unfortunately, we didn't book another trip while on the cruise so I don't have anything to look forward to. Just a summer of working around the house.

I miss all my DIS friends and tablemates. Belinda - thank you so much for the card. I need to burn your VR photos and video to a CD and send it to you.

I may lurk on your trip thread just to keep up to date on how you are all doing. If the market turns around and things look up I may be able to talk Jim into doing the inaugural trip. That would be SO cool.

Got to run and take Mom to the bank.

Jane

Well after being back from the cruise and having reality hit full force I'm ready to go back to sitting on the deck and reading a book.

Unfortunately, we didn't book another trip while on the cruise so I don't have anything to look forward to. Just a summer of working around the house.

I miss all my DIS friends and tablemates. Belinda - thank you so much for the card. I need to burn your VR photos and video to a CD and send it to you.

I may lurk on your trip thread just to keep up to date on how you are all doing. If the market turns around and things look up I may be able to talk Jim into doing the inaugural trip. That would be SO cool.

Got to run and take Mom to the bank.

Jane

Hi Jane ~ I hope you and Jim are able to join us on the inaugural Fantasy in 2012 :). It would great to have a "Key Lime Pie-rates" reunion :)! We have three years to plan and grow our group.

my mom has 3 cruises booked right now....EVERY day she has called with some cruise news or question....I am like ----------- ugh!

we have 12/4/10 but are moving to one of the repos prob April and then one of the inagural with the new ships

my mom has 3 cruises booked right now....EVERY day she has called with some cruise news or question....I am like ----------- ugh!

we have 12/4/10 but are moving to one of the repos prob April and then one of the inagural with the new ships

Hi V ~ I don't think I met you on the cruise :(. I do hope you can join us in 2012 for the inaugural Fantasy sailing :). ~ Kathy

P.S.
I'm VERY jealous of your mom :)!

I've never posted photos on here, so I hope this works....but I just wanted to post a few pictures of my kids on pirate night, especially Kelsey. Kathy, one of our fellow Dis-ers was so gracious that she sent us an infant pirate costume for Kelsey to wear for pirate night! I just want to thank her and let you all know how much fun we had on our cruise. I miss it already!! Hope everyone else is adjusting to reality, and thank you again Kathy. :)

2n8tniq.jpg

2irakg5.jpg

misjs.jpg

I've never posted photos on here, so I hope this works....but I just wanted to post a few pictures of my kids on pirate night, especially Kelsey. Kathy, one of our fellow Dis-ers was so gracious that she sent us an infant pirate costume for Kelsey to wear for pirate night! I just want to thank her and let you all know how much fun we had on our cruise. I miss it already!! Hope everyone else is adjusting to reality, and thank you again Kathy. :)

2n8tniq.jpg

2irakg5.jpg

misjs.jpg

I totally saw you guys on Pirate night!!! We were in line for pictures and I noticed your baby. TOOOOO cute!!!

Sorry been busy buying our entire nursery (haha we are nuts)
Plus cleaning the house for a new house guest (this one will be better!)

Everyone join the 2012 cruise!! WOO HOOOO!!!!

Miss you all....once I'm over my cleaning and Sookie Stackhouse obsession, hopefully I'll put up a Trip report.

2n8tniq.jpg

2irakg5.jpg

misjs.jpg

Amy ~ I'm so glad I could help with Kelsey's pirate night costume :). We were at Palo on pirate night and barely made it in time for the party on deck 9. I wish I could have seen you guys. Kelsey looks ADORABLE in the outfit :). I'm glad I was able to spread a little pixie dust. ~ Kathy

P.S.
I got your e-mail with the pix, but haven't had a chance to respond. We're cleaning house for a big cookout tomorrow night. Brian "thinks" I'm doing laundry right now..........ssssshhhhhh :).

We just got in earlyer today our second week at Disney was alot of fun,but the highlight of our trip was the cruise. We had the Best time ever on a cruise and it was because of all of you.
We also booked another cruise onboard ,but i think we are aimiming for 2011 on the Disney Dream. we just don't want to wait three years. Will see we also have the same date as all of you in Dec. for now. Another reason is Trent will be graduateing in 2012 nad doesn't wanna miss any time from his senior year. I guess i can''t blame him on that.
I just want you all to know it was our pleasure meeting all of you. We had a blast. I wish i could of met everyone and done more with the group it's just so hard when your trying to do everything.The FE gifts were so amazeing. I now have a bunch of ideas for our next cruise.I hope to keep in touch w all of you,but now i have to go upack and sleep. We drove straight threw and we are beat.TTY all soon. Hugs & kisses to a great bunch of people/:love: Thanks again for a wonderful time. Crystal,

We just got in earlyer today our second week at Disney was alot of fun,but the highlight of our trip was the cruise. We had the Best time ever on a cruise and it was because of all of you.
We also booked another cruise onboard ,but i think we are aimiming for 2011 on the Disney Dream. we just don't want to wait three years. Will see we also have the same date as all of you in Dec. for now. Another reason is Trent will be graduateing in 2012 nad doesn't wanna miss any time from his senior year. I guess i can''t blame him on that.
I just want you all to know it was our pleasure meeting all of you. We had a blast. I wish i could of met everyone and done more with the group it's just so hard when your trying to do everything.The FE gifts were so amazeing. I now have a bunch of ideas for our next cruise.I hope to keep in touch w all of you,but now i have to go upack and sleep. We drove straight threw and we are beat.TTY all soon. Hugs & kisses to a great bunch of people/:love: Thanks again for a wonderful time. Crystal,

Hi Crystal ~ It was great meeting you and your family :). I know that Jake and Johnny had fun hanging out with Charissa :). I also agree that cruising with all our DIS friends made the cruise soooooo much more fun. It really was like cruising with a bunch of good friends :love:. Maybe the 2012 Fantasy date would work so Trent doesn't miss any school? You know how much fun a reunion cruise would be :). Glad to hear you made it home, safe and sound. Hope you had a good time in WDW. ~ Kathy

I've never posted photos on here, so I hope this works....but I just wanted to post a few pictures of my kids on pirate night, especially Kelsey.
She is soo adorable! I saw her too on pirate night butit never registered with me that you all were part of the DIS, actually I think DH and I was in line doing pics with JorDan and Chad at the time.

You all are making me want to do the Fantasy cruise soo badly!!! But hopefully will be starting a family soon and I don't think I'd really want to cruise with a child under 3. Who knows though, like Jane I'll probably live vicariously through your alls thread and might just give into temptation!

Welcome back Crystal! It was great meeting you guys and hanging out.

Those portraits are beautiful, aimathy.

That cruise does sound like a cool idea. I could never book anything that far in advance, though. The way we booked this last cruise, kinda last minute is how we'd have to book pretty much any Disney Cruise we go on. We got very lucky this past May that we happened to already have the designated for vacation and we could cancel our original plans.

Dinner has been so oddly quiet this week!

Bob and I just got home at 1am... Had to stop off and pick up the dog and take care of some business in SW VA. I am still trying to catch up at nearly 6am and have nearly 800 emails to filter through!

Lynsey... I thought of you and Jason last night as we were making our way North on I-81! Maybe we can get together next trip, if not, I am fairly sure I will be down quite a bit this summer.

Andy... Cool fact about the scuttled war ship off Key West. Thanks!

Amy... The kids pictures are wonderful! Thanks for sharing... Kelsey looked absolutely adorable! :cutie:

Jane... Miss you! :hug: I guess I may have to make my way to California and or to DL to get to spend some more time with you and Jim...

Sonya's food report is up and running... Looking good already! popcorn::

Dave... Wish I could cure my after cruise blahs as easily as you have! Oh well, I will just have to be satisfied with the fact our next one will probably be for 2 weeks! :woohoo:

Val... You are just too much! The photos are great! Did you say Justin did not enjoy the cruise? I am so sorry... I had such an incredible time (after I got over worrying about MY husband really hating it), I cannot imagine not liking it. Actually, my oldest son, Rob mentioned that he was glad I was happy at the sail away party because I really looked like I was. :goodvibes That is one reason I cannot play poker because whatever is on my mind is right out there on my face for everyone to see, good or bad! :headache:

Mati... Here I thought Bob was going to be miserable and Yoni didn't have a good time. :sad2: I am so sorry but totally understand the attraction in a
"girls" trip too! Our first cruise was nearly all girls... Had to take the youngest son then too... Fortunately Bob was the one that started the discussion regarding re booking before I had to start begging!:banana:

Crystal... Good to know you are back safe and sound... I think you and I were some of the last to make it back. I still would leave again tomorrow if I could! It was great running into you and Darin all the time! :yay:

JorDan and Kathy... Hope you have a great time making plans! :dance3: Ours is certainly not set in stone until the drop dead cancel date, so you never know...

JorDan... Be sure to keep up with facebook so we can hear how things are going! princess: Alison had tests right after they got back and everything is looking excellent! No sex determination yet but that is the least of the worries as you know!

OK... In case I have not made myself clear... Each and every one of you made my trip incredible. It was sooooooo much nicer constantly running into someone we already knew, even a little bit! Thanks for all the advice, scheduling help, organization, smiles, conversations, FE gifts, and fun!

Warm hugs to you all!:grouphug:
--Carole and family

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter