May 14, 2012 - Va-moose-ing to Vancouver!

Started working on my fish extender this weekend. I am excited on how it is turing out. I'll post pictures when it's finished. The countdown has begun.

DCL has opened up their new guarantee cabins. OGT and VGT are available to book.

With the refunds that Disney is issuing for the mis-calculated tax, i was actually able to upgrade from cat 11B to a OGT today at no extra cost and still will be receiving a $10 refund :cool1:

May 14th cant get here soon enough!!! :banana:

I thought you couldn't modify existing reservations to the new categories. If you can maybe I'll upgrade to a OGT as well....hmmm.... thinking, thinking.

I thought you couldn't modify existing reservations to the new categories. If you can maybe I'll upgrade to a OGT as well....hmmm.... thinking, thinking.

You are correct and I mis-spoke. I DID have to 'cancel my original res and rebook a new one' but they simply just transfered the money over from the old to the new. We are close to the 90 day window for cancellations (I think we are at 95 days out as of today).

Doesnt hurt to call and ask! Good luck! :thumbsup2

I just got done with the travel agency who are fabulous! Kayla is cancelling and rebooking me as we speak. Only things to note are that you can't cancel (different policy than regular fares) and you have to pay in full at the time you book. Since I was about to pay it off anyway that is okay. Since I went through an agency I guess they have to process a refund for the amount I've already paid and then pay in full to book the new fare. Since it is such a good deal it is no biggie for me but might cause an issue for others who are considering it. I'm just so excited that we will have a port hole! :cool1:

I'm coming a little late to the party, but count me in. It's just me going on this trip, but I'm looking forward to a little relaxation.

Welcome!

If you would like to be added to the roll call... please see the 1st oage and send me your info. If you want to participate in the FE - just let me know.

Thanks!

My brain is no longer working - did we want to do a meet and greet before the cruise? I know some of you were staying at Disneyland area.

Also - do we want to meet up in the Promenade Lounge on the first day?

It's coming closer!!! :cool1:

I think we were going to try and do a DL meet up if it worked for enough people. I was thinking maybe sometime the Saturday afternoon? Maybe meet to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean or something?

I think a meet on board the first day is a good idea. Especially since some of us are now in OGT/VGT rooms and don't have cabin numbers for the FE. Not sure when a good time for that is...

We are going to be in DL area, but are not buying park tickets. So if we wanted to do a meetup in Downtown or one of the hotels, we could probably do that.

I'm sailing on this cruise too. I usually travel with my kids and/or sisters, but this time I'm traveling solo. Can't wait! I'm staying at DLR two nights prior to the cruise and would love to join a meet.

See you all soon!

Karen

I posted back in April 2011 when this thread first started. We were very excited to be a part of this trip! While I hadn't posted much at all, I'd been following the thread with much anticipation. :)

Unfortunately, we just canceled our trip due to the many school activities our kids can't miss. The timing just isn't right for us this year. Oh well...that's life. ;)

Hope everyone has a great time!

Anyone else attempting to book shore excursions tonight? It's not showing 5/20 in Vancouver for excursions. It's showing that day as debarkation, which is actually 5/21. What gives? Sent an email to DCL, but I don't expect to get a very good answer, based on what I've gotten back from previous questions...

Ah! Never mind. Somehow I got the 20th to show up, just once, and was able to book our excursion. Yay!!

I just got done with the travel agency who are fabulous! Kayla is cancelling and rebooking me as we speak. Only things to note are that you can't cancel (different policy than regular fares) and you have to pay in full at the time you book. Since I was about to pay it off anyway that is okay. Since I went through an agency I guess they have to process a refund for the amount I've already paid and then pay in full to book the new fare. Since it is such a good deal it is no biggie for me but might cause an issue for others who are considering it. I'm just so excited that we will have a port hole! :cool1:

I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of this like I did bbangel! Seems like we will both be getting our oceanviews!!! :cool1:

Anyone else attempting to book shore excursions tonight? It's not showing 5/20 in Vancouver for excursions. It's showing that day as debarkation, which is actually 5/21. What gives? Sent an email to DCL, but I don't expect to get a very good answer, based on what I've gotten back from previous questions...

I noticed the same thing. Showing day 7 as de-embarkation day. I think we are going to do Vancouver on our own though. Glad you got in eventually! :)

Was very excited to finally book excursions etc. I got the Palo brunch I wanted (it still seemed pretty wide open) and we've booked the Disney Family Museum trip. But it wouldn't let me book the Night Alcatraz and Sausolito even though it leave over an hour after the end time for the other tour. So disappointed. I'd rather not do it on our own (I hate being responsible for my mom in places where I've never been!) Maybe if I call they will let me book it? Any one have experience with that?

Was very excited to finally book excursions etc. I got the Palo brunch I wanted (it still seemed pretty wide open) and we've booked the Disney Family Museum trip. But it wouldn't let me book the Night Alcatraz and Sausolito even though it leave over an hour after the end time for the other tour. So disappointed. I'd rather not do it on our own (I hate being responsible for my mom in places where I've never been!) Maybe if I call they will let me book it? Any one have experience with that?

I have never been to the museum or Alcatraz (we are doing the day time Alcatraz on this trip) but I will let you know that the boat for Alcatraz is very close to our dock and should be easy to get to. I am not sure if you have ever been to SF but if not, they have wonderful public transportation. I would look at booking the Alcatraz portion on your own. We are doing the day time portion on our own. If you want the website - let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter