May 14, 2012 - Va-moose-ing to Vancouver!

What's a Secret Mickey? I searched the forums but didn't get much. Thanks

A Secret Mickey is like a "Secret Santa" You sign up and answer questions about like/dislikes etc.. then you are assigned a fellow passenger as someone is assigned you.

You then purchase 3-4 gifts for them which total about $25. You leave the gifts for them at thier stateroom without revealing yourself until the final sea day where we will all meet and have a reveal.

It is a lot of fun!

Oops, forgot one thing. I lived in the bay area for many years, I can point you towards some of the best food in the city, especially if you like amazingly delicious but hole in the wall Mexican food type places. It is even right on the BART line for easy access. The main thing you need to do in SF is the cable car, there is nothing like it in the world!

twindaddy sorry you won't be able to join after all!

Do we have an updated list of who all is going to be onboard? Now that we are into 2012 this just seems so much closer :cool1:

We are still going!

We have been looking at our flights for Anaheim. I managed to snag a retro rate at the HoJo in Anaheim for the weekend before the cruise (because of that, I splurged on the Disney view room) so that is done. Once the flight is booked, I will be so excited for Disneyland and the cruise. Just over four months to go!!!!!

twindaddy sorry you won't be able to join after all!

Do we have an updated list of who all is going to be onboard? Now that we are into 2012 this just seems so much closer :cool1:

I have been trying to keep the first page updated as people drop/add and let me know. Next month I will start getting confirmations from everyone and firming up the list.

Getting close now!

We are still going!

We have been looking at our flights for Anaheim. I managed to snag a retro rate at the HoJo in Anaheim for the weekend before the cruise (because of that, I splurged on the Disney view room) so that is done. Once the flight is booked, I will be so excited for Disneyland and the cruise. Just over four months to go!!!!!

I think we will end up at the Hojo's the weekend before as well. Hmmm maybe I should book now before the retro rate disappears!

Yes, we were hemming and hawing about staying a bit closer, but that retro rate is hard to beat. Plus, we love the HoJo.

Getting excited! I've booked the Hojo's for 5 nights pre-cruise (love the Retro Rate!) and have booked the airfare to LA thanks to a primo seat sale. :woohoo:

So I got distracted by real life Our 3rd daughter, Hailey Lynn, was born on Christmas Eve at 8:22pm. She was 6lb, 11oz and 18 3/4inches long.

I don't see us on the FE listing so here is our information:

Dis name: Lovebug Eeyore
Names of travelling (ages of kids too): Bob DH, Patty,
Cabin Number: 6083
Names of travelling (ages of kids too): Wilma (Oma),
Cabin Number: 6081
Early/Late dining: late
FE? Yes
Secret Mickey Interest? No

We are on B2B from LA. We are so excited to be going back to Alaska. Our daughters are joining us for the Alaska portion of the trip.

How wonderful! What a great gift for you and the family :cloud9:

Flight is officially booked as of today. Just have to add an extra night at the HoJo - we were originally going on Friday morning but it makes sense to go Thursday afternoon and have three full days at Disneyland!

Already thinking of our San Francisco plans - just had a question for anyone who might be in the know for that fair city.

When we went last year, we got a 1-day Muni passport for the first day and it worked really well for us. Only complaint that I have is that it is a fair hike to a spot that actually sells the passport. I was hoping to take the F line streetcar from right in front of the terminal to Union square and start our touring from there.

Would it be better to just pay the fare and get the passport downtown or should I leave the boat a little earlier by myself and make the hike to the nearest spot to get a Muni pass? Does anyone know of anywhere within a block or two of the terminal that we can get the Muni passes? From the San Fran transport website it looks like the only places are at least five or six blocks away.

I couldn't see a nearer place to buy one...
I have been on the transportation website trying to figure out the logistics of getting to and from AT&T Park for a Giants game. We really want to go but I worry about how hard it will be to get there and back.

We are also hoping to take the train into LA from Anaheim to see a Dodgers game and the logistics of that are giving me nightmares. If only we didn't love baseball so much :lmao:

Thanks for the congrats :)

Does anyone know what LA hotels Disney is providing ground transportation from?

This information may have changed - but last spring, the DCL shuttle was only stopping at GCH and DLH. It was one of the reasons that I wanted to book our own transportation. We would have had to schlep our bags from the HoJo through the security tents and through Downtown Disney - that or take a cab.

Getting to the port is one piece I still haven't figured out either. Any ideas on the best way to get there? I was thinking Super Shuttle assuming they do that?

You can use Super Shuttle - I know people who have done it that way. I booked an Execucar through Super Shuttle, it wasn't that much more (about $10 more than two of us to book on SS or the DCL transfer) and we had a private van to LA port.

I liked it and that is how I plan to travel from Anaheim to San Pedro this cruise as well.

Thanks for that. I will look at the options and make a decision. We do have almost 4 months to figure it out but it is starting to feel really close. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter