May 14, 2012 - Va-moose-ing to Vancouver!

We are booked for the return of the wonder back to LA in September and I was wondering if anyone on the trip north to Vancouver has any tips or a cruise review that they would be willing to share with us. We are planning on surprising our girls with this trip a few days before we go and I am open to ideas on how to do that(I have Some). But mostly I am interested on Sea conditions and things we should be aware of as first time dis cruisers.

We had great sea conditions (the stabilizers were out for most of the cruise I think and did their job). I normally get extremely sea sick but I did better on this cruise than I did on the other coast!
My biggest advice is prepare for the ship to feel cold. There were a couple of nights we didn't dress up for dinner because we were too cold. Bring warmer clothing! We saw a lot of people buying sweatshirts and coats so come prepared!
San Fransisco was great and we wished we had more time there. I think you guys get two almost full days there so you will have the opportunity to do more. We did Alcatraz by ourselves and it was super easy to do - less than a 5 minute walk as the piers were right beside one another.
There was so much to do on the ship that we never got near to doing it all. Part of the reason we booked another on board (and almost booked the Sept return!)

bbangel Thank you this is the kind of information I am looking for as I am sure we would have under packed the war clothes since we are staying in Southern California for 9 days I would have packed for warmth.. My wife is worried about the sea sickness so I will pass on the info on the stabilizers.

I hope you enjoyed my home town of Victoria while you were here I took the family down to see the wonder while you were here in Victoria and The girls were begging me the whole time we were at the ship if we could cancel all our vacations until we saved enough to go on the ship. T Hey are going to be so surprised in September when we reveal that they are going on the Wonder to Disneyland!

I am doing the FE on our Cruise, did you take part on your trip and if so what are some of the things you enjoyed receiving?

bbangel Thank you this is the kind of information I am looking for as I am sure we would have under packed the war clothes since we are staying in Southern California for 9 days I would have packed for warmth.. My wife is worried about the sea sickness so I will pass on the info on the stabilizers.

I hope you enjoyed my home town of Victoria while you were here I took the family down to see the wonder while you were here in Victoria and The girls were begging me the whole time we were at the ship if we could cancel all our vacations until we saved enough to go on the ship. T Hey are going to be so surprised in September when we reveal that they are going on the Wonder to Disneyland!

I am doing the FE on our Cruise, did you take part on your trip and if so what are some of the things you enjoyed receiving?

Our family too was on the repositioning cruise up to Vancouver like bbangel. Our oldest daughter who is prone to sea sickness commented on how great she felt the entire cruise. Not once did she have to take Gravol. I agree that the weather was quite chilly when we were out in the open water. Especially on Pirate Night when we were out on deck for the Pirate Party and fireworks. Make sure you bundle up for that. It was all worth while though once the fireworks started.

I'm envious that you'll have 2 days in San Francisco. 1 just wasn't enough for us. We did the open air Big Bus tour which we all enjoyed. Unfortunately because it was a cloudy day I wasn't able to get the picture of the Golden Gate Bridge I was hoping for because it was covered mostly in fog. Pier 39 has lots of shops and restaurants to check out. We also walked up to Hyde and Powell and took a return trip on the Trolley.

If your girls are into doing character greetings make sure they have their autograph books with them. There's lots of chances for that on the ship. There is also a character breakfast for each dining rotation on sea days at Parrot Cay.

We too are from Victoria so we took advantage of everyone getting off the ship and stayed on most of the day. It was so nice. We did get off for a couple hours and took a walk along Dallas Road and went for ice cream at Beacon Drive-In.

We also participated in the FE's. It was so much fun, wondering what little treat we would find in ours. Our favourite's were magnets that people had gone to all the trouble of making that were specific to our cruise. Also, another family did a Cruise Diary for everyone. Each day we could fill in what we did, where we ate dinner, what we ate, etc. Our girls enjoyed filling that in each evening.

I hope you and your family enjoy the cruise as much as we did. We did the Alaska cruise last year and were worried that since it was less than a year since we had done it we wouldn't enjoy the Pacific Coast cruise as much. We were wrong. We still had as much fun this time. As expected our daughters cried the night before we left at the Till We Meet Again show and the day we left.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful FE gifts! The guys had a great time and are already telling me we need to save money to go on another cruise. If you end up back in Los Angeles, please let us know so we can meet and renew the fun.

Thank you to everyone for a great cruise! I loved spending time with everyone and thank you for the great FE gifts!

I am not sure who left the stuffed moose on our door the first night but you made my DD night! She loves that moose! Thank you thank you!

Some wonderful things were left for us.

Thank you to those who played trivia with us and just sat and chatted - we loved every moment of it!

Did anyone write any trip reports? We felt our sailing went quite smoothly and we had a wonderful time!

I am going to echo everyone else here! You guys picked out some incredibly thoughtful FE gifts. Sydney and Elizabeth tore into them as soon as we brought the bag in and dumped it on the bed :) They had a blast with what they were given (So did we)! :)

Did anyone write any trip reports? We felt our sailing went quite smoothly and we had a wonderful time!

I did a trip report while out there - its for the full b2b and getting to LA and Vegas so needs some serious editting before I post it up (its about 80 pages atm and I don't think anyone really cares how I got from Cambridge to London :))

If I can figure out how to post it all I'll put it up when I've shortened it

I did a trip report while out there - its for the full b2b and getting to LA and Vegas so needs some serious editting before I post it up (its about 80 pages atm and I don't think anyone really cares how I got from Cambridge to London :))

If I can figure out how to post it all I'll put it up when I've shortened it

I look forward to it! :)

I didn't do a trip report. The most I do is sort of 'digital scrapbook' - a website if pictures to tell the story of what we did. I put a few pics up on Facebook, but have many more to put on our website and narration to do. I also haven't gotten very far with going through them yet either!

I didn't do a trip report. The most I do is sort of 'digital scrapbook' - a website if pictures to tell the story of what we did. I put a few pics up on Facebook, but have many more to put on our website and narration to do. I also haven't gotten very far with going through them yet either!

Ooo is it possible to access your website?

Ooo is it possible to access your website?

Yes! Well not right now since the fan sounded funny so it's off :) But when I do finally get around to finishing the pics and the server gets fixed (DH is installing A/C in our room right now lol) Then I'll post a link here :) I've put a few on Facebook, but have many more that will go up on our site :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter