Maureen's Journal...comments welcome

Lookin good Maureen!:smooth: That scale is headed in the right direction (even with a visit from Aunt Flo :rolleyes: ) That is excellent. Here's hoping you see big results next Tues ! Keep up the good work with the exercise. Isn't it nice when we can start to feel the rewards of that?!:teeth:
TTFN-
Sharon

hey maureen, just stopping by to check in with you :wave:

good idea to change your weigh in day if you think it will help. whatever works! and glad AF left and took her gifts with her! hate it when she's around too long :p

and that is great about your legs adjusting to your workout routine! keep building those muscles and trimming those legs and you'll be in those pj pants before you know it :bounce:

Hi all:)

Hope everybody is doing well. I'm a bit late with my update this week. Got home monday night from my parents'. And then yesterday I had to prepare myself for Ash Weds. I always need to mentally prepare myself for the fast that i have to do. I'll have to fast again on Good Friday as well. Lucky Catholic me.

Anyhow, this week is going well so far. I went a little off plan over the weekend, but nothing major. I did bounce up to 285, but no need to get rid of my clippie. I cam home from my weekend and jumped back into my program.

I admit i'm still not doing well with my fruit goal, but i will find a way to get it in my diet. It may just take awhile. But i've followed through on everything else so far, so I'm not gonna beat myself up over this 1. I'll just keep trying.

I am noticing some fundamental changes to body, and I'm glad they are occuring. Probably the biggest 1 is soda. Though i will usually have a 24oz coke on the weekends, I can no longer have more than that in 1 day. My body, no longer wants it in such huge amounts, which is amazing and thrilling. I'll keep working on cutting back and i imagine that i'll get to the point where i can't drink soda at all.

My exercising is going well. I'm doing about 4 miles a week with my tape and following through on pilates. My thighs are really doing well now too. I hope in another week to add another exercise or 2 to my pilates routine in addition to the 2 i added last week.

1 week from today will be my official measurement day. i can see just by looking in the mirror that i'll be happy with what the tape shows. Unofficially, I've measured some spots already and if my readings hold true i may just reward myself for all my hard work. Any ideas on rewards would be appreciated.

Thanx for stopping by
:wave:

Maureen, you've really been sticking with your program and it's great that you're seeing the results!

I love flowers and plan to buy some for myself when I get my next clippie!

Can't wait to hear your results next week! :sunny:

ooh yeah, flowers are a real nice reward! or how about you could go out and buy yourself a nice outfit? or if you want to splure a little more, a nice massage could be wonderful. i'll keep trying to think of more ideas!

keep up the great work this week, i'm sure you'll see the results you're hoping for! :bounce:

Hi All

Hope everybody is doing well. I just haven't felt like hitting the boards here the past few days. Still don't actually. No particular reason, just needing a DIS break I guess. But i did promise to come back today and post measurements so that's a promise I'll keep.

Don't worry 2 much about the break. I'm still staying on my program, with the exercise and whatnot. Its hard work, but its working. So without further ado:

Measurements for 3/3/04:

*Chest: 49 in. (same as last month)
*Biceps: 16 3/4 in. (down over .5 in from last month)
*Waist: 47 in. (down 3 in. from last month)
*Thighs: 29 1/4 in. (down 3/4 in from last month)
*Calves: 19 in (up 1 in. from last month)

And there you have it. I'm very happy with the results as i'm sure you've guessed. And i'll keep plugging away. BTW my scale weight seems to be holding steady right now, but as long as the inches are starting to go that's fine. Eventually they'll both line up evenly.

Thanx for stopping by

Good for you Maureen!:Pinkbounc The inches are what truly matter; if they continue to fall, the weight will eventually have to follow.::yes::
Sounds like everything is going well for you. And your attitude is great! Keep up the good work and thanks for checking in with us!:smooth:
TTFN-
Sharon

Look at all those inches gone!! Wow, Maureen!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Congratulations on sticking to your plan! Glad to see it's paying off!

Don't worry about not posting too often. I think we all go through that from time to time. :D

Hope you continue your success!! :sunny:

Hi All

My break from journaling is over for awhile. I feel ready to plunge back into writing things here and having ppl read them. So i should be around for a good while now. It'll probably go the same as b4 with posts from me coming about twice a week.

Good News:

I have actually lost a whole lb since the end of AF last week, leaving me at 282.5. That's remarkable since the past 2 weeks was really an exercise blues period for me. I kept up mostly, but some nights i was dragging myself to do my WATP. So I'm thrilled, that I lost a whole lb.

And for those of you who don't visit The Firm thread, you may not know that over the weekend i bought BSS 1 and today was my 2nd workout with the Cardio Sculpt tape. I can only do 10 minutes so far. But I am enjoying the 10 minutes i do and over the next few weeks I'll be adding an Ab Sculpt tape and a Body Sculpt tape into my routine as well.
I'll be doing less WATP i think, but I'm definitely keeping my Pilates routine as a nighttime stretch. It really puts me in the right frame of mind for end of day stuff.

That's enough for now. Hope everybody has a great St. Pats day.

Thanx for stopping by

I meant to get in here yesterday, but by the time i was ready to write the boards refused to load for me. That figures.

Anyway here's the latest update from me.

*new weight is 281 lbs.
**1 lb to go to claim my 10 10lb clippie.

I never would have believed it'd take me this long to lose 10lbs. Just goes to show how far gone I really was when i started i guess.

Workout news:

* I love doing The Firm tapes. I am now up to 2 tapes. I do the first 10 minutes of Cardio Sculpt. And I started doing Ab Sculpt yesterday and finished the entire tape with little trouble and did most of it at regular workout level. Only had to do 1 beginner variation. Next week I'll rotate Body Sculpt into my routine.

*Still doing my Pilates. I have been doing it same days as CS to round out the workout. I also still leave it as a nightime routine. I find it just the right thing for clearing my head.

*WATP still has a place in workouts as well. At least for the time being. I'm not yet using weights in The Firm tapes and i don't want to lose what i've already started. So until further notice. WATP is still getting done 3 days a week. I usually do it b4 or just after CS. Depends on my mood.

**So for now I'm doing about an hour's workout on mon-weds-fri. And a half hour's workout on Tues-thurs. Can't do Pilates and AS on the same days cause that's overworking the same muscles, and AS actually uses some exercises i've already learned in Pilates. Once i start Body Sculpt I'll have to see where AS fits in. May take a little while but i'll figure it out.

That's it for now.

Thanx for stopping in

Maureen you are doing great!:teeth: Glad to see you've melted away another pound!!:Pinkbounc I've been on WW since 1/1/04 and am only down 9.5 lbs, so you are not the only one it is going slow for. Just keep doing what your doing with the exercise. The rest of it will eventually all fall into place for you. A big hats off to you for sticking with the exercise! Iu myself have had some difficulties in that department.:crazy:
Keep up the good work and keep us posted! We are routing for you!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:
TTFN-
Sharon

hey maureen, i haven't had a chance to get to your journal in a while, but i just got some time to get caught up!

congratulations on all those inches lost, and the pounds too :bounce:

you're doing sucha great job, i'm thoroughly impressed with your dedication to exercise! keep up the great work! :bounce:

hope you have a great day :sunny:

Hi everybody.

Time for my check-in report. Things have been rahter nutty around my house for the past week(long story i won't get into). But things are moving back to normal.

On the weight front i gained back a lb. I'm not worried about it. Last week was not a normal week at all even though i did get my exercise in and mostly stuck to plan. I expect this to be a very short bump in the road to my 10lb clippie.

On the exercise front, I added in my Body Sculpt tape yesterday and completed 12 minutes of Lower Body and after a suitable rest pd. I completed all of the Upper Body workout(though not all the wiehgt reps.). So i now have 3 Firm tapes going and i may still keep the WATP for a bit longer. And of course i'm not giving up my Pilates.

I'll be back on Friday for measurement day as well as to celebrate my 4 month anniversary with WISH. I can't believe that I'm still here and still working out. With any luck I'll look halfway decent for summer in a bathing suit:sunny:

TY Sharon and marsh for your posts. Even though I've reached the point where i can keep doing this on my own, the posts of encouragement are a great incentive.

Thanx for stopping by

Maureen, your exercise is inspiring! You keep adding in more and making an exercise habit that is soooo healthy!! That silly extra pound will be gone in no time!

Can't wait to see that 10 pound clippie - you know how I love to throw clippie parties!! ::yes::

Hope Friday measuring goes well!! :sunny:

:sunny:

Technically, I'm a day early. But since i generally don't post here on the weekends, I may as well take my measurements today and post them up for all to see. So here we go.

Measurements for 4/2/04:

**Chest: 48.5 in (down .5 in)
**Biceps: 16.25 in (down .5 in)
**Thighs: 30 in (up .75 in)
**Calves: 19 in (same as last month)
**Waist: 44.5 in (down 2.5 in)

(NEW) Hips/But: 51 in.

So there we have it for the month of April. BTW, I have been measuring my hips/but since the beginning but until now I felt that measurement to be a little too big for my liking to post it here. Still lots of work to do there, but The Firm tapes have really made a dent in that area in a very short time.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Thanx for stopping by

hey maureen, great measurements! even though you gained back a pound this week, isn't it great to see that those measurements are still going down?!?! :bounce:

hope you have a great day :sunny:

Maureen, you're shrinking!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Your measurements are looking good! Those FIRM tapes must be doing the trick!

Hope you have a great weekend!! :sunny:

YUP!!!!

I have finally gotten my 10lb. clippie:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I was starting to think it'd never get here. But here it is finally:teeth:

TY for all the enocuragement you've all givin me since i started this journal. Its 1 of the things that keep me working hard at my exercise goals.

TY for all the nice things you say about my measurements. Now if only the lbs would start to come off as regualrly as the inches seem to LOL.

I know i haven't posted here this week. Been busy and been wanting to get that last lb gone b4 i came back here. I've been on the verge for 3 days now, so i knew i was gonna lose it at any time. And I made it both b4 Easter and b4 Aunt Flo showed up for her monthly visit.

YIPPIEE

:jumping1:

OK, I know I'm a little late for this party, but I'd NEVER totally MISS a clippie party!!!

:jumping3: :jumping1: :jumping3: BUH-BYE 10 POUNDS, HELLO CLIPPIE!!!!! :jumping3: :jumping1: :jumping3:

Maureen, congratulations!!! You're 10 pounds lighter! That's like 2 5lb bags of flour you don't have to carry around anymore!! I bet you're feeling lighter on your feet!

Hopefully, you're also developing healthy habits that will last you a lifetime! That's what it's all about, ya know? Being healthy for the long haul!

Way to go!!! :sunny:

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood this week, finally. And I'm back to post here in my little journal. I hadn't realized that its been a whole week(more than) since i last posted. Things just got a bit busy here and there wasn't really anything new to post it seemed.

So here i am. TY for the congrats on my new clippie. I'm so excited to finally get it. Things are moving along nicely here in exercise land. I'm working hard at my Firm tapes, and they are paying off nicely i think. I can really see the difference in how a i carry myself and my overall appearance. I am still trying to keep away from new clothes for a bit though. I wanna get down as much as i can b4 i buy anything else, though i'll buy summer stuff as i need to. A bathing suit I'm going to try and put off till June. I'm still trying to get my thighs to go down some and even hough i look nice in everyday clothes, when i put on a bathing suit i still feel like a beached whale.

No change in weight right now. I'm in the mother's day challenge and trying to drop 5lbs by the time it finishes. If i do i'll be just 1lb away from the 15lb clippie. So we'll see how it goes.

Hope everybody has a good week.

Thanx for dropping in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter