Maure' & Jake's Vow Renewal PJ-DCL wedding on CC-2013-Wedding colors and other things

Again, I am so sorry you lost your baby but I am so glad you have decided to start planning again!!! I can't wait to hear everything!

Thanks...:) I promise I am not going to slack off this time!!

YAY MAURE! So glad you're posting again! Again, so sorry about losing your baby... what a roller coaster this has been for you! I am glad you're back to planning your wedding- June 2011 will be here before you know it!

I know, I can't wait for it to get here!! Thanks for the kind words...I will be posting soon!

Hello all!!! I finally decided to get my butt in gear and get going with the PJ! I am sorry I have been such a slacker with this, but it has been really hard since our computer got fried, and we haven't had the money to get a new one yet.

Well, I guess I will start with the news of the day! I am pregnant again! Yay!!! :cool1: We are very excited, and are still planning on going ahead with the wedding plans. This time will be different then before because the baby will be about a year old when we have the wedding and last time the baby would have only been a couple months old, so that is a big difference. I am due on July 1.

I do have my very first update. Back in October, DH and I went to Disney for his birthday. It was loads of fun!! While we were there I had arranged to meet with Heidi Pickert, who was our wedding consultant when we were going to have the wedding in 2009. We set up a time to meet, so one morning, we headed over to Franck's and talked to her about our wedding plans. The minute we walked in there was this HUGE wedding cake in front of us, I mean, it must have fed 700 people!! Heidi was very friendly and just asked us basic questions about what we were looking for and our budget, etc. I had wanted to look at some other venues for the reception, so we started out by looking at pictures on the big screen in her office of different locations. It was really cool, she just dragged the pics from her computer screen onto this other big screen on the wall with her mouse. I had never seen anything like that. The wonders of technology. :lmao:

The location we were going to use for the reception before was a ballroom at the Boardwalk. We looked at those pics again, and we just weren't feeling it. I had asked to look at The Attic, so we looked at pics of that. While I like the attic, I just didn't think it would work that well with my theme, plus you can't have a DJ if you use the attic. So, that was out. I had also wanted to look at the living seas salon in Epcot. We looked at those pics, and again, it just didn't match the feel I was going for. I like it alot, but my colors are pink and Chocalate brown and everything in there is dark wood and navy blue. Plus, Heidi told me that you can't use chair covers there, plus you cannot use an outside photographer inside Epcot. Since we really want to use Misty, that was out. For some reason, I decided to ask about the cost of using the Grand as opposed to a ballroom in a different resort. I had remembered that before it was going to cost $5000 more to use the Grand's ballroom as opposed to the Boardwalk's ballroom and that is why I had chosen that instead. Well, I was pleasantly surprised by the response. Disney has changed their pricing. Before, the Grand was the most expensive place to have your reception, they charged more per person to have it there then say, the boardwalk. Now, it's a flat rate for the reception, no matter what resort you have it at. It just depends on what time your reception is, so obviously a dinner reception is more per person then a brunch reception. Plus it depends on what menu you choose to use. But there is no difference in price between the different resorts. When Heidi told us that , we asked to look at pics of the Grand ballroom. That was it!!! I was immediately drawn to it, I loved the way it looked, and my colors would look good!!

After we got done looking at pics, we went for our site visits. First we went over to the Grand, but they were having a conference, so we just kind of got to peek in, but I got the general feel for the room and the coloring. We were able to look at the Whitehall room and patio, which is where we will be having our cocktail hour. We also walked over and looked at the wedding pavilion and bride's vestibule. Then we drove the back way into Epcot to look at locations for the dessert party!! That was so cool!!! We ended up parking behind France and going in this big gate, and there we were in France! So cool!!! We looked at Uk lower and France lower for the DP. We ended up picking UK lower since you can have a minimum of 25 people there, but to use France lower you have to have a minimum of 50.

Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures on this excursion, I just have a couple shots I took in the wedding pavilion which really aren't that great. Sorry...I don't know what I was thinking...:confused3

Well, that is my update. I still have to figure out how to get pics on here without my own computer. I think I might have to put my pics on a CD-Rom and then load them into photobucket that way and then onto here....if anyone has any other ideas, let me know.....Hope someone out there is reading this!!!

Yeah - so glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about all you have been through in the past few months but that is so great hearing about your new little baby and all your new wedding planning.

Just wanted to give you a sneak peak of what your DP might look like from the UK Lower. This is where ours was last November and it was the perfect place.

e2d43814.jpg

Linda

Linda,

Thanks for reading!!! It definitely looks like the UK lower is the perfect place-that picture is gorgeous!!! Were you able to have an outside photographer at your DP? If not, did someone else take that pic?

Can someone tell me how to change the title of my thread?? I have no idea how to do that?? :) Thanks...

Misty was our photographer and that photo is hers. Our wedding was prior to you not being allowed to have outside photographers for in park events. Misty was great but I would not pass up the chance to have a DP just because you have to use a Disney Photographer. I know some brides are thinking about this. Yes the photos of the DP are important to us but having the DP was more important. If you event is outside the park - maybe have an outside photographer for that portion and then have a Disney photographer for the DP.

I cannot help you with changing your title but I am sure someone will be along soon to assist you.

Linda

Thanks Linda!! I guess that is probably what we will do...we really want to have Misty do our wedding, and then we will just use a Disney photographer for the DP.....or just have our friend who is a photographer who is in the wedding just take some shots with her camera.

You can edit your title by clicking on the button "edit." Then click on the "advanced" button and you can change your title there. It took me forever to figure this out awhile ago. :goodvibes

I'm so excited to see that you're back. It was so great to meet you and Jake when you were up in Michigan :cool1:

How exciting that you were able to meet with your planner again. I agree with Linda, don't forego your DP just because of the photographer. The package Disney offers for the DP only seems pretty reasonable and you can't pass up fireworks shots on your wedding day!

I'm so glad you're posting again Maure! How exciting that you got to meet with your planner again and so cool that the ballroom at the Grand will work for you now! I love Misty's work so I'm excited you're going with her too! Congrats on everything!

Just as an FYI - which I am sure you know - fireworks photos are really difficult to get. We had to stand perfectly still during most of IllumiNations for Misty to get her shots. Depending on the type of camera your friend has - I am not sure how the photos will turn out. You might want to go with the Disney photographer - since they shoot fireworks - hopefully they will know the best way to do it. Not saying anything against your friend - but sometimes when you use a friend - you might not be happy with the results.

Linda

I just found your PJ. I grew up in Erie I just recently moved closer to Pittsburgh. My parents still live in Erie. I can not wait to hear more about your plans. Congratulations on the Baby!

You can edit your title by clicking on the button "edit." Then click on the "advanced" button and you can change your title there. It took me forever to figure this out awhile ago. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for this information!!! I haven been wondering this for awhile!! :)

I'm so excited to see that you're back. It was so great to meet you and Jake when you were up in Michigan :cool1:

How exciting that you were able to meet with your planner again. I agree with Linda, don't forego your DP just because of the photographer. The package Disney offers for the DP only seems pretty reasonable and you can't pass up fireworks shots on your wedding day!

I was just thinking about Frankenmuth the other day, it was so fun meeting you guys!! We will definitely have to do it again soon! I agree, we really need fireworks shots on our wedding day!!

I'm so glad you're posting again Maure! How exciting that you got to meet with your planner again and so cool that the ballroom at the Grand will work for you now! I love Misty's work so I'm excited you're going with her too! Congrats on everything!

Thanks Adelia!! We are excited about the Grand too!!

Just as an FYI - which I am sure you know - fireworks photos are really difficult to get. We had to stand perfectly still during most of IllumiNations for Misty to get her shots. Depending on the type of camera your friend has - I am not sure how the photos will turn out. You might want to go with the Disney photographer - since they shoot fireworks - hopefully they will know the best way to do it. Not saying anything against your friend - but sometimes when you use a friend - you might not be happy with the results.

Linda

I totally agree with you. I think we will end up going with the Disney photographer. I know she has a really fancy camera, but I am not sure how it would do with fireworks shots. Plus, since she is in the wedding, I don't want her to miss out on everything cause she is too busy taking our picture!!

I just found your PJ. I grew up in Erie I just recently moved closer to Pittsburgh. My parents still live in Erie. I can not wait to hear more about your plans. Congratulations on the Baby!

Ann-so glad you found my PJ!! That is so cool you grew up in Erie. I will definitely keep the plans coming!!

Hello hello!!! I cannot believe it has been so dang long since I have posted anything on this pj!!! If I didn't lose any followers before, I am sure they are all gone now!!! :lmao: I am sorry I haven't been on here in so long....it had been so long, I had to read through the entire report to see what I had said!

Well, many things have happened since I last posted, the biggest being that I had TWINS!! :banana::yay: It was totally a surprise when we had the first sonogram and the girl told us there were 2 in there...:scared1: I actually thought that she was kidding, and when I realized she wasn't I almost flew off the table!! :rotfl2: So, anyways, we had a boy and a girl....Avery Jewel and Alexander Brooks were born on June 14 2010. Needless to say, I have been pretty busy since then!!!

I promise I will post pics of them soon, as soon as I remember (or someone reminds me how to do that!) :lmao:

About the wedding....I really need to change my ticker, cause that is way off! I am determined that come hell or high water we are going to do this DFTW one way or another!! We were still good to go with the same plans, except we were going to switch from June to December, cause DH likes Disney in December. Well, it was almost time to sign the contract, and my dad ends up telling me that he doesn't think he is going to be able to afford it, and doesn't want me to sign anything if he is not sure he will have the $ when the time comes....:sad2: I totally understand where he was coming from, but just kind of upset that AGAIN we are having to postpone this thing!

So, I started looking into Escape weddings, as a cheaper option then the wishes. I was thinking that I could make that work, but did not like the fact that they don't budge on the amount of people you can have. It's 18 and thats it!! I ended up having a phone consultation with Michelle and she basically told me that after I added on the reception, and all the other things I wanted, that it was going to come close to the cost of a wishes wedding with way more limitations!! Then, I started thinking about a DCL wedding....I had never thought I would want to do this before, so I automatically just forgot about it, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea....I had remembered reading Lisa's TR, and I am friends with her on FB so I sent her an email with some questions, and am thinking that this is really what we want to do!!

There are 3 times that we could do it, cause one of my best friends, who is in the wedding, is a teacher. So,she can do it the week between xmas and New Years, spring break or summer. We are looking at 2013 and I am really excited about going on the Disney Dream!! Just trying to figure out which of those times would be the cheapest to sail....I really think this will be better for us in the end. I really had wanted the big FTW, but now that we have the babies, I think a smaller ceremony with friends and family is all we need. It will technically be for our 5 year anniversary. It will be nice too, cause DD and DS can be the flower girl and ring bearer. Plus having dinner with friends and family every night on the cruise is like having 3 receptions!! So, this is where we are at now....It is getting late now, but I will try and remember how to post pics on here tomorrow!! Night all...hope somebody is still reading this!!!

Hi- I am an elementary school principal and understand you not wanting to have your friend who is a teacher need to take off. The times we are out of school are always peak times for Disney. I opted to get married on a 3 night cruise in November because it was less expensive for all of my guests and after hurricane season was over. I could do it with only taking off a Thursday and Friday. Just something to think about... We are going to wait and do our honeymoon over Spring Break.

Congrats on twins! I am sure you are always busy!! Do you want to get married on the ship or on Castaway Cay?

Hi- I am an elementary school principal and understand you not wanting to have your friend who is a teacher need to take off. The times we are out of school are always peak times for Disney. I opted to get married on a 3 night cruise in November because it was less expensive for all of my guests and after hurricane season was over. I could do it with only taking off a Thursday and Friday. Just something to think about... We are going to wait and do our honeymoon over Spring Break.

Congrats on twins! I am sure you are always busy!! Do you want to get married on the ship or on Castaway Cay?

Yeah, that's the problem about those times!!! They are always more expensive cause all the kids are out of school. I will have to look into that more and see what she could actually get off...I seem to remember she only gets 2 personal days, so I don't know if she would want to use those for the wedding, and I don't want to assume that she would use them for me!! Although if it was a weekend, it might work....hmmm...something to think about....Thanks for the congrats!! :goodvibes I am pretty busy, although they are really good babies, and I am very blessed! :love: I would like to get married on Castaway Cay, I think it is so pretty....the only thing is I would also like to have a sand ceremony and I think that is more likely to happen if we were doing the VR on the ship....just from reading others PJs....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter