Mass on board?

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
Is there any way to find out ahead of time if there is going to be a Catholic priest on board to have Mass?

They will only have Catholic priests onboard during Christmas and Easter, otherwise it is only on very rare occasions. There is an interdenominational service on the Magic in Sessions Lounge on Sunday morning and it will be listed in the Navigator.

Is there any way to find out ahead of time if there is going to be a Catholic priest on board to have Mass?

I don't think that there is a service onboard the ship.

There is a Catholic mass at the port, Sunday's at 10:30am. The Wonder is almost always in the port by 7am on Sunday, so you would have plenty of time to disembark and make the service. The web site says there is a shuttle bus from the port terminal to the church area.

http://www.aosportcanaveral.org/

If you have to get to the airport before 10am, there is also a mass in the Orlando MCO airport terminal.

I was wondering the same thing. I will be on the Magic on Ash Wednesday and I thought it may have Mass that day. If anyone knows that would be great.

I remember going to mass on both of my Holland America cruises. I just
assumed there would be a priest on this one (in about 2 weeks). From the above
answers though, it shows never to assume.:confused3

I was onboard the Magic last year on Ash Wednesday and there was Mass in the morning in the smaller theater (the Buena Vista Theater).

Clergy are generally brought on board for various religious holidays. On "normal" Friday nights and Sunday mornings, space is provided for guests to have their own services.

If you are interested in a specific sailing on a specific ship, your best info will come by calling DCL and asking.

I'll never forget the first time that I ever went to Mass on a cruise ship...it was a Carnival cruise and mass was held in one of the smaller bars:rotfl:

I read on another cruise forum that there is a company (I'll have to google it to find the name) which employs Catholic priests which are on board all the various different ships (it said all I'm pretty sure but all doesn't mean ALL I guess) as well as Rabbis and protestants ministers for certain holidays.

I remember having a drink at the martini bar with the Catholic priest on our Celebrity cruise

I'll never forget the first time that I ever went to Mass on a cruise ship...it was a Carnival cruise and mass was held in one of the smaller bars:rotfl:

What better place! Jesus went to where the sinners congregated :thumbsup2

We're lucky, we pack our Pastor and travel with him :) Father-in-law is always available to do service on vacation..bible study too. We always travel with our bibles and take the chance for a serene time on the deck in the early morning to meet with Him with a cup of coffee. Nothing is better then that! It makes the whole trip.

While we're not Catholic (I was raised Catholic though), if they don't have a Catholic priest on board on Ash Wednesday, you could always take the time in the morning to do a bible reading on your own and spend some time reflecting. God sees and knows your reflection time.

I was wondering the same thing. I will be on the Magic on Ash Wednesday and I thought it may have Mass that day. If anyone knows that would be great.
Bearing in mind that Ash Wednesday is not a holy day of obligation, I would not expect DCL to bring a Priest onto the ship just for that.

For anyone on a 3-night sailing returning on a Sunday and using DCL transfers, there is a chapel at MCO where a Priest celebrates Mass at 12:15pm if I recall the time correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter