Mason Title closing experience

Days from Contract to closing

• Total voters
I'm fighting the urge to ask Cammy about my closing documents for the contract that passed ROFR 3 days ago.

I see that many get their docs same day or day after.

Email her. This happened to me once, and she emailed me back within two minutes and told me Disney didnt copy her on the ROFR waiver. Had my docs within the following hour.

People can say time to closing depends on the Seller, which is in fact true... but Mason is by far faster at turning around closing documents than Magic Title. Anyone who disputes this just needs to visit the "closing time" to see the proof.

What I want to know is what happened between Mason and the current broker I'm working with on my RIV resale contract. The broker is on on boards' "do not mention" list so can't identify them by name. I requested for Mason to be the closing company and was denied because they are not on the brokers' approved list. My immediate thought was how is the best in the business not on this broker's approved list?

The muses work hard, but Cammy works harder.

If your broker won't work with Mason, maybe you should consider the color of that flag.
I considered it, but the price and accepted offer outweighed that "risk". Plus, the broker seems reputable enough based on some of their activities on FB with a lot of people vouching for it. My guess is that it comes down to money, but who knows. Fingers crossed that closing will go smoothly!

We worked with someone else from Mason, just fantastic. We had closing documents within 2 days, closed and deed under 2 weeks. (The seller took a week).

What I want to know is what happened between Mason and the current broker I'm working with on my RIV resale contract. The broker is on on boards' "do not mention" list so can't identify them by name. I requested for Mason to be the closing company and was denied because they are not on the brokers' approved list. My immediate thought was how is the best in the business not on this broker's approved list?

In Florida - the person paying for the title company can choose any title company licensed in Florida to do the transaction. The broker is not a part of the transaction and has no input into the process. So unless the seller is paying for the title ins. you pick.

Great closing most recently in March of this year with Mason. Flawless and no issues whatsoever. Very helpful in responding to questions as well.

Cammy / Mason is awesome. Done two deals with that team so far and hope to use them in the future. I've heard that some brokers try to not use them as they want to use other title companies that give a better kickback, but I'll be pushing hard to use them in the future and try and make it a requirement of any resale purchases I bid on going forward.

I ended up getting my documents from Marcelo at Mason on Wednesday evening. I had a couple questions and he was also very quick to respond. Hopefully, connecting with the notary today so we can get these closing docs sent back ASAP.

I thought from reading here and on TUG that it was the buyer’s right to choose the title company. Is that not correct?

You can put it in the offer. They either accept or they don't.
In Florida it is not the buyer, but the person paying for the title insurance who has the right to select. So if the seller wants a specific title company they can pay 😀

I always thought that too. I didn't fight it much because at the end of the day I wanted the contract and the searches of the company didn't yield anything that made me want to walk away from it.

Honestly, I have used several and in the end, none were that much better than the others..certainly not to the extent it didn’t work out.

I'm fighting the urge to ask Cammy about my closing documents for the contract that passed ROFR 3 days ago.

I see that many get their docs same day or day after.
I'm in the same boat. Passed ROFR on 8/15 and still no closing documents from Mason. In the past received them fro m Mason in 1-2 days. Probably will contact on Monday if still haven't received.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter