Masks back on the Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many CM at parks continue to wear them as do the cruises staffs. It's for their safety if they choose to do so, just like if anyone else would choose to wear one. There are a lot of respiratory viruses going around and I can imagine they just want to stay well.

Many CM at parks continue to wear them as do the cruises staffs. It's for their safety if they choose to do so, just like if anyone else would choose to wear one. There are a lot of respiratory viruses going around and I can imagine they just want to stay well.
Just to clarify something - wearing a mask isn't primarily to protect the wearer, it's to protect others FROM the wearer. Yes, the wearer does get some protection also, but that's not the reason for wearing it.

What's your source on this? All ships or just the Dream?
As I said, the Dream, I am on it and the cast members on the Dream …

The Dream cast is currently required to wear masks indoors. There were no other impacts to the cruise that I came across. Self-service everywhere where you would expect and character interactions were not limited in any way.

I’ll post some thoughts and experiences when I get back home tomorrow.

No one. I’ve been traveling all the time and once the mandate came off a handful of people wear them on planes. Kids and adults always got sick in the winter.
Well, I guess it depends where you are. We were in Monterey and Palm Springs in October and it was a contrast for sure. It's the peak of the tourism season from Asian in Monterey, and of course masks have been the norm in many Asian nations for a century during cold and flu season. Lots of masks Even the hotel required them.
Palm Springs/Palm Dessert, not so much.

Can confirm. Got off the Dream on Thursday…didn’t see any crew wearing masks the first 4 days but on Wednesday afternoon all of the indoor crew were back to wearing them (including the entertainment acts and the cruise director).

Can confirm. Got off the Dream on Thursday…didn’t see any crew wearing masks the first 4 days but on Wednesday afternoon all of the indoor crew were back to wearing them (including the entertainment acts and the cruise director).

I was on the same sailing and definitely didnt see this, right up to the morning we got off there was multiple crew indoors without them

I was on the same sailing and definitely didnt see this, right up to the morning we got off there was multiple crew indoors without them
We did express walk off and the CM that was by the exit who took our comment card was masked. Didn’t notice anyone else that morning. Even Sister Sister posted on their IG stories that day saying “Masks are back!” I wonder if it was just suggested and the ones we saw Wed decided to be cautious

LA is talking about going back. Not because of covid, but because of RSV. And RSV could be a bigger problem for Disney with so many kids on board.
RSV has been hospitalizing and killing kids for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter