marriott hotels?

josie

Earning My Ears
I have a pile of Marriott points to use up and would like to go to WDW with my family. After doing some research, I realize that there are several Marriott hotels in and around the area. My question is - have you ever stayed at a Marriott property in this area? Which one was it and what was your experience? Would you stay there again?

Welcome to DIS!

I stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center which is just across I-4 from WDW. It was a very nice hotel with a very cool pool. The rooms were spacious and my North tower balcony overlooked the WDW fireworks. The other Marriott properties are not as close.

There is a courtyard Marriot in Downtown Disney that is considered to be on Disney property.
I have a rate there for 29.00 per night. They have been running this special and a 20.01 special. Maybe you will get lucky.

We just got back from the Courtyard @ Marriott Village. It was very nice.

You may want to consider the three hotels that make up Marriott Village at Lake Bryan in the Lake Buena Vista Area. There is a Fairfield, Courtyard and Springhill Suites in a gated "village" atmosphere. These are relatively new hotels - so the Fairfield has indoor corridors. You can pool hop, there is a food court, convenience store, arcade and a shuttle to WDW. I was impressed by how well the entire area is kept. The village is also within walking distance to a Bahama Breeze, Golden Corral and another restaurant whose names escapes me. Also very easy drive to WDW and Universal. As noted in another thread, however, beware the resort fees that have gone up to $7.50 since our early July visit.

Kathie - How did you get that $29 rate at the Courtyard?

I was going to stay at a villa at Sabal Palms before I booked at Old Key West. The villas looked VERY nice and I was able to secure a rate or $165 a night for a 2 bedroom villa. It is part of the Marriott Vacation Club properties but you don't have to be a member to stay there. Search for the Marriott Vacation Club properties in Orlando and look for Sabal Palms or Harbour something.

Also the Renaissance Orlando Resort is a Marriott property and it looked very swanky. Go to Marriott.com and search for this hotel. Looks beautiful! It's located directly across from Sea World. I secured a rate of $160/night via Entertainment before I canceled to go to OKW.

Good luck!

I had heard on the the board they were running a 20.01 ratefor
various times throughout the years. I called the hotel and that particular time was sold out for the month of December but she had the 29.00 rate. I would just call the hotel and ask about the 20.01 rate and if she is out of that ask about any other specials. Hope this helps.

We used our Marriott points last year and stayed at one of their timeshares. For 80,000 points we stayed 4 nights in a 2br/2bath w/d full size kitchen, DR and jacuzzi. Ours was called Grand ?, there is also 3 others. If you look at your flyer that you get with your points or call Marriott direct, they will tell you. Very clean, nice locations and we were extremely happy.

WE LOVE MOWC!!! Got it on Priceline, and I don't regret a bit of it!! It was very nice, very clean, I liked the fridge I requested- worked out great for us. I recommend it, and if you have any specific questions, email me and let me know- I'll try to help. :pinkbounc

We are also big Marriott fans. We stay every year at the Marriott World Center in the Imperial Palm Villas. They are very nice, three bedroom units. The World Center is just on the other side of the freeway from WDW. It is about 10 minutes to EPCOT and five to DD.

Last year was our first year to stay onsite. We spent a few nights at the WL and a few nights at the BWV. But, we are back to the MOWC this year. It costs us about 1/2 what it did to stay at the BWV and for alot more room. (Don't get me wrong, if we could stay on site every year I would be all for it!)

I think you will be pleased with what ever Marriott property you stay in. In fact, my younger brother and his wife our going for a few days with us this Thanksgiving and can't afford to stay at the Imperial Palms so I just made them reservations for the Residence in at Lake Buena Vista.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter