Marriott Grande Vista THE BEST

Our villas always had a Bottle of spray cleaner under the sink. Came in handy for the glass dining table!

I am here!!! They put us in bdg 100 and I asked to be switched and they were able to put us in bdg 84 and so happy they did! Thanks to Dick, for letting me know the best areas to request. The rooms are fabulous, so modern and clean. Kids are loving the pools and having so much fun. I don't even want to leave for 5 days to go to the resorts, I rather stay here.;)

I am here!!! They put us in bdg 100 and I asked to be switched and they were able to put us in bdg 84 and so happy they did! Thanks to Dick, for letting me know the best areas to request. The rooms are fabulous, so modern and clean. Kids are loving the pools and having so much fun. I don't even want to leave for 5 days to go to the resorts, I rather stay here.;)

Have a great time! Building 84 has a great location that's adjacent to the Plaza del Sol pool area and the great Copa Loca bar and grille.

FWIW, with our youngest child now in her last few months as a teenager, our favorite place to stay at Grande Vista is Building 99 with the lanai view of the golf course. That area is great for us as many times we have been at the area pool that's located across the parking lot when there's been nobody else there - very relaxing to have your own quiet pool and hot tub. The only problem I've found with staying in buildings 95 to 100 is the parking -when the resort is full there's not enough parking spaces to handle all the guests' needs (same thing for the other more remote section of the resort - buildings 87 to 92).

We just returned from a great stay at MGV. We were in a bldg near the golf course. I tried to get our room changed but they couldn't do it. In the end I loved our location because we had a really quiet end unit. We stayed at the resort for much of our stay and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2 We also went to the outta control magic show at wonderworks and we thought it was cute.

I have visited the GV for the past 3 years, this year will be my 4th and we will be there for 2 weeks for the honeymoon.

They supply all bed linens, towels etc as well as dishwasher tabs (finish ones I believe), Palmolive dish liquid, sponge, paper towel tissues, soap, lotion and shampoo in the bathroom, and a very small amount of laundry detergent for the washer/dryer. There is a coffee machine with about a days worth, maybe 2 of coffee and filters. Place settings for 8 along with the basic cooking utensils. There is also a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. All rooms efficiency or not have a balcony with chairs for the smaller ones and a larger table and chair for the bigger ones.

In the efficiency rooms there is a toaster, microwave, coffee maker and college size fridge.

As I will be there for 2 weeks I am going to partake in the cleaning services this time :)

I can't WAIT to spend my honeymoon there. I will be there in 39 days!

Don't let another thread on this board hear this, but I would take Grande Vista over Bonnet Creek anyday!!!!!

We are owners at Grande Vista and have always enjoyed our stays there. We'll be back in August for two weeks. The location, for us, is ideal just 15 minutes from Disney, and minutes from Universal and Sea World. There is a Publix at I-drive and Vineland a few minutes away and another on Central Florida Parkway, again a few minutes away. Lots of restaurants close by. The resort has several pools, and activities for all ages, tennis and golf, bike rentals, fishing and paddle boats. And, no, I'm not a paid spokesman. LOL

I belong to TUG (a timeshare users group) where members write reviews and give ratings to various timeshare properties. The ratings of TUG members for the resorts mentioned in these posts coinside very much with the comments of individual posters above (just found that interesting and thought I'd mention that and share ratings):

These are the ratings out of 10 given by members for the properties noted above. Note that all the resorts mentioned are rated highly. Most people I think would enjoy and be quite happy with most resorts rated an 8 or higher. I personally would have no problem in staying at any of these.

Marriott Cypress Harbor 9.15 (absolutely excellent rating)
Marriott Grand Vista 9.01 (also really high)
Sheraton Vistana Resort 8.69 (not as high as the Marriotts above but very good. Also since the remodeling ratings have gone up considerably)
Marriott Harbor Lakes 8.51 (another good rating)
Bonnet Creek 8.39 (A good rating) // This resort seems to be a favorite on this board. TUG members don't seem to be quite as impressed as DISBOARD members, but then TUG members typcially have stayed at more timeshare resorts, and I think are a little more discriminating. I think for many of the DISBOARD posters this is there first experience in a timeshare condo, and they are comparing it to the value or moderate hotel room they have gotten at Disney before for the same price and are blown away by the value. Like I said before, though, anything above an eight is a pretty good rating.

Personal experience: I'm usually looking for a rental deal from a timeshare owner on a highly rated place (Redweek.com and TUG2.net) and have stayed at the Vistana Resort four different times // Have just found lot of great prices on rentals here for high season weeks I've wanted -- can usually get a two bedroom at the Vistana Resort for about half the price that I could rent any Marriotts mentioned. We've been really happy with this resort.

It's been a while since I've stayed at one of the Marriott timeshares in Orando, but I do have to say (general experience -- having stayed at other Marriott timeshares other places more recently), in general Marriott timeshare properties are some of the best and are top tier.

Note too: There are tons of other great timeshare properties in Orlando besides these. For quality / price on renting timeshares the Orlando area rocks!

Just curious .... why? :confused3

my reason - Marriott Grande Vista is definitely a more upscale than BC. the best thing that BC has is it close to Disney.

MGV has a bunch of things on its own property. It has lots of activities every day. the swimming pools are excellent.

if you have a Interval International membership (the other big timeshares exchange besides RCI) you can get now at a discount.

my reason - Marriott Grande Vista is definitely a more upscale than BC. the best thing that BC has is it close to Disney.

MGV has a bunch of things on its own property. It has lots of activities every day. the swimming pools are excellent.

if you have a Interval International membership (the other big timeshares exchange besides RCI) you can get now at a discount.

Thank you .... jumping on the II site now!!!

Spicycat worded much better than could have. I don't know if it was the week I was there or not (granted this was 2007 or 2008), but I just couldn't believe the amount of ignorant people I encountered there, swearing at people ect. I was at the pool bar having a few drinks with my family and I couldn't believe how many people were served and just walked away without tipping the poor bartender. I asked the bartender what was the deal with these people he just said "ya these people are staying on tour packages and just don't care".

Paper thin walls I was up all night a couple of nights because the people in the next unit had their TV on all night long.
I'll end my rant but I couldn't wait to get back to the Grande Vista

I stayed there from Christmas Day to New Years Day, in a studio. I loved it! I won my stay on Ebay... $300 for the entire week!!!! I would go back there in a heart beat. It was beautiful. When the fireworks went off on NYE, I was able to see all that Disney had as well as Sea World's and others who I didn't even know where they were coming from.. This place is may be a little bit of a drive to Disney, but it is worth the drive :thumbsup2
I loved BC until I stayed here.. this place wins hands down over BC for property to property.. only thing BC has over this place is location.. and like I said.. the MGV is worth the drive any day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter