Married, no kids right NOW thread!

I love the water parks but DH does not so I haven't been in a long time! Converting my DH to a Disney nut took one trip I think! Although I think our honeymoon cemented it!

Thankfully I am in a much better place emotionally right now because we just found out that one of our 7th grade students is pregnant. 7th grade :scared1: I can't even believe it! And she has decided to keep it!

MainStMandy congrats!

7th grade?? Oh, my.

Thankfully I am in a much better place emotionally right now because we just found out that one of our 7th grade students is pregnant. 7th grade :scared1: I can't even believe it! And she has decided to keep it!

MainStMandy congrats!

OMG really?? That is just so young!

I want to join in! :goodvibes DH and I are from MA too! We also do not have kids, yet. We're hoping to within the next few years. We own DVC so we take 1-2 trips to WDW a year. I'm 22 and DH is 23. We've been married a year and a half, together for 5 years. DH loves Disney almost as much as me, lucky for me!

I'd like to join too! Great idea to start this thread! :thumbsup2 DH (27) and I (28) are planning to have kids in the next couple years. We do have an adorable seven year old pup though! DH and I met while in college and were best friends for several years before we starting dating. :lovestruc

Our third anniversary is in June and we're celebrating by taking a trip to WDW!!! I'm planning our trip because he's never been before. Needless to say I'm extremely excited to share this experience with him. I am a huge Disney fan, but DH is a Disney skeptic. He's under the impression that Disney is only for kids, but is willing to give it a try! I hope this trip changes his mind!!

I'd like to hear from those of you who took your spouse for the first time... Any advice or stories?

I'd like to join too! Great idea to start this thread! :thumbsup2 DH (27) and I (28) are planning to have kids in the next couple years. We do have an adorable seven year old pup though! DH and I met while in college and were best friends for several years before we starting dating. :lovestruc

Our third anniversary is in June and we're celebrating by taking a trip to WDW!!! I'm planning our trip because he's never been before. Needless to say I'm extremely excited to share this experience with him. I am a huge Disney fan, but DH is a Disney skeptic. He's under the impression that Disney is only for kids, but is willing to give it a try! I hope this trip changes his mind!!

I'd like to hear from those of you who took your spouse for the first time... Any advice or stories?

I had the same fear the first time DH and I went...but he LOVED it!! I had to relax and not push it. I planned quite a bit and we did the DP so that DH didn't go into sticker shock over the food!! Have a great time and I'm sure he'll love it!!!:thumbsup2

I think I am going to bow out gracefully, I am more of the Childless and Moving on crowd.

Suzanne

Well, I can't say I've taken DH as a Disney virgin, but I've taken several adult friends of ours on their first trips. I've never once heard a complaint, they've all loved it. It's most definitely not just for kids. Point in fact, I'm kind of sad that after this next trip it will be a loooooong time before the two of us can get a good excuse to go again without any annoying little brats tagging along. ;)

My suggestions? Play a round of mini-golf. Disney's mini-golf places do not get the attention they so rightly deserve. Spend at least one evening at Disneyquest, especially if your DH is at all into video games. Make sure to set up at least one nice sit down dinner at a fancy restaurant. I don't know if your funds allow for it, but try to get into a hotel where there's a hot tub (moderate level or higher). Arrive late at the parks and stay late. While your at it, book your meals late in the evening. Skip the parades. Do not skip the fireworks. I wont say skip the shows, but keep them to a minimum. Spend a lot of time at the World Showcase, since PI closed down it's the most adult part of WDW. Take a ride on a lazy river at one of the waterparks and turn it into a game of getting each other the wettest. Enjoy the Disney transportation (try to take the more romantic 'boat' option whenever you can). Oh, and look into getting tickets to La Nouba...it's awesome.

Has anyone been to the WDW water parks? We have a Noah' Ark (worlds largest water park ) here, so I have always skipped them, but now I think it might be good to show DH another side of WDW.

Been to both a number of times. DH and I prefer BB, but DH used to work there so he's a bit biased. I know BB consistently gets rated as one of the best waterparks in the world, and it certainly is fun. TL is not quite as interesting to us, but it does have a better wave pool. The waterparks close earlier than the other parks, so they make for a good half-day where you don't have to dodge stollers or parades.

Hi all! DH (30) and I (25) have been married for just over a year and a half. Probably won't try for kids for 2 more years or so ("or so" really meaning "or 3" haha). We originally said 3 years when we got married but my BF is getting married in fall of 2011 and I'm not being pregnant for that, and then I want to go on a cruise and to Atlantis, I've got living to do first! Meanwhile I can just enjoy our nephews and nieces:lovestruc!

I liked Disney when we met, but DH loved Disney and well, it rubs off, so now I love it! He took me to WDW in 2006 as my 22nd birthday present. We went again in Jan 2007 when I graduated college. We moved to California for a year, and DH proposed in the DL Rose garden gazebo (it's at the DLH, and they have a lot of weddings there). We did our honeymoon at Disney. We bought DVC the next year (should have bought on that proposal trip, oh well!) and spent our first anniversary in WDW, but will probably not go back in late August for a while - too hot!!!

Go to La Nouba! Totally fun.

Go to some signature restaurants. More "adult" feeling than other restaurants.

I second the PP who said to go mini-golfing. DH and I enjoy this, but we always love to mini golf! If you don't like it normally, then you obviously wouldn't like it there...

Plan a drink around the world time, and check out "the cave" in Mexico - I'm dying to!!!!!

JELLYROLLS. Totally fun. totally. Just don't forget they only take cash for the cover and they full-on card!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm glad mini-golf was mentioned, we do have this in the plans. I've never been to Disney's mini-golf courses, but I was thinking Fantasia Fairways since it sounds more challenging (DH likes to golf and we may even make a tee time one day). On the other hand, part of the fun of mini-golf is the theming. I will leave that decision entirely up to DH!

Definitely have a sig restaurant ADR planned and look forward to Epcot for some drinks around the World.

La Nouba is something I'd like to do, but I'm not sure if DH would like the show...so I didn't reserve seats. Maybe next time--I don't want to try to plan too much in one trip!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm glad mini-golf was mentioned, we do have this in the plans. I've never been to Disney's mini-golf courses, but I was thinking Fantasia Fairways since it sounds more challenging (DH likes to golf and we may even make a tee time one day). On the other hand, part of the fun of mini-golf is the theming. I will leave that decision entirely up to DH!

Definitely have a sig restaurant ADR planned and look forward to Epcot for some drinks around the World.

La Nouba is something I'd like to do, but I'm not sure if DH would like the show...so I didn't reserve seats. Maybe next time--I don't want to try to plan too much in one trip!

Let me just say...we had the same theory. DH LOVES to golf and is prety good. So our first mini-golf experience was at Fantasia Fairways and we hated it!! IT was SOOOOO hard...the bunkers are made out of rocks for goodness sakes!!!:rotfl: On the other hand, we love Winter Summerland and make it a point of going every time!!

DH loved Citricos but didn't care for Cali Grille if you are looking for suggestions :)

I am joining in! I (Rachael) am 23 and DH is 26. We have been married 10 months but together for 5. We are young so are not worrying about getting pregnant just yet. I have had problems so as soon as we got married I had some basic testing done and found out that everything appears to be okay but when the TTC begins we will be referred to a RE for further testing. :sad2: I have wanted to be a mom (especially a SAHM) since I was little.

Anyway, I love WDW and DH enjoys it. We are taking a trip in October and we will skip WDW next year to go somewhere else. We are going to Vegas in June for a long weekend but we are thinking Hawaii or a Cruise for our "big" vacation next year.

Hi Everyone! :hug:

I am joining in! I (Rachael) am 23 and DH is 26. We have been married 10 months but together for 5. We are young so are not worrying about getting pregnant just yet. I have had problems so as soon as we got married I had some basic testing done and found out that everything appears to be okay but when the TTC begins we will be referred to a RE for further testing. :sad2: I have wanted to be a mom (especially a SAHM) since I was little.

Anyway, I love WDW and DH enjoys it. We are taking a trip in October and we will skip WDW next year to go somewhere else. We are going to Vegas in June for a long weekend but we are thinking Hawaii or a Cruise for our "big" vacation next year.

Hi Everyone! :hug:

welcome.gif

Since hubby and I are leaving on our first drive to Florida in a little bit over 3 weeks, I was wondering if any of you guys have ever driven to Florida and if so feel free to share any stories or tips.

We've driven to Florida from Michigan quite a few times. On most of those occasions we just stayed two-three hours away and finished the drive early the next morning. That seems to work the best for us when we drive.

We did drive through the night on a non-Disney trip down to Florida with friends once, but there were several of us to switch on and off. I'm not sure I could do it if it were just DH and myself. I'm horrible at staying awake on long trips!!

DH and I have driven to Florida from Michigan before, though curiously, not to Disney. DH has driven to and from Disney by himself, with the return trip done in 20 straight hours outrunning a hurricane (which neither he nor I would suggest anyone else attempt). The last time we went down we left about 5am, getting in to our hotel a hour or so north of Orlando at about midnight. DH slept in the car for the first 6 hours or so, and it all worked out well.

Hmmm...tips. Well, do you have an iPod? Do you have one of those hook-ups where you can play an iPod in your car? If not, get one. I'd also suggest downloading a couple audiobooks to it. Total lifesaver. DH and I spent 17 days on a road trip last fall and went through a number of books during that time.

Georgia is forever. No, I mean it. That state just doesn't end. It's worse than Nebraska, and you really have to work at being more boring to drive through than Nebraska.

We've driven to Florida from Michigan quite a few times. On most of those occasions we just stayed two-three hours away and finished the drive early the next morning. That seems to work the best for us when we drive.

We did drive through the night on a non-Disney trip down to Florida with friends once, but there were several of us to switch on and off. I'm not sure I could do it if it were just DH and myself. I'm horrible at staying awake on long trips!!

Thanks for the reply, for a second there I thought you guys left me alone in here. :sad1:

DH and I have driven to Florida from Michigan before, though curiously, not to Disney. DH has driven to and from Disney by himself, with the return trip done in 20 straight hours outrunning a hurricane (which neither he nor I would suggest anyone else attempt). The last time we went down we left about 5am, getting in to our hotel a hour or so north of Orlando at about midnight. DH slept in the car for the first 6 hours or so, and it all worked out well.

Hmmm...tips. Well, do you have an iPod? Do you have one of those hook-ups where you can play an iPod in your car? If not, get one. I'd also suggest downloading a couple audiobooks to it. Total lifesaver. DH and I spent 17 days on a road trip last fall and went through a number of books during that time.

Georgia is forever. No, I mean it. That state just doesn't end. It's worse than Nebraska, and you really have to work at being more boring to drive through than Nebraska.

We do indeed have an Ipod and an AUX jack to plug it into in the car. We also have a few smaller MP3 players that we are going to use to download podcasts to. [I just ruled that there will be no more listening to any Disney podcast until we leave so that we have them to listen to on the way down]

Also, I just talked hubby into getting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [the audiobook] It's a 21 hour recording so that will get us almost all the way to Florida, now how long he actually listens is another story. :)

I agree whatever you do don't try to do too much! I made the mistake of turning our first vacation (3 weeks in june/july 2007) into a lets do EVERYTHING in Orlando Comando trip! We did VIP tours of Seaworld, Universal, and IOA, Discovery Cove and all 4 Disney parks :rolleyes1 it was fun, but not very relaxing. And I will never over stuff a trip again! Mini golf and Jelly Rolls are great suggestions! Dinner and a movie at DTD can be a relaxing escape from the parks. You really can't go wrong with an evening of relaxation- Hot tub & room service. I love visiting the board walk area at night with my DH after a nice dinner at Epcot - a stroll along the beach is nice. I did allot of damage to my Disney Skeptic DH with my first hectic trip , and it will probably take a million more relaxing trips to make up for it :sad2:
Please learn from my mistake and hook him right the first time ;):thumbsup2

Zephyrhawk- have you ever driven through IL?:lmao: It has my vote for the longest most boring state- with the fewest gas stations ever. Every time I drive through Il I feel like I am aging.

Jog58- I have made the drive from WI - Orlando and back 2 times (forever), and from WI to Savannah GA around 5 times (slightly less than forever).
And from WI to North Dakota too many times to count (9hrs)
Music is your friend, so aren't interesting rest area's to stretch, and great snacks.

We stopped in a hotel on the other side of Atlanta on both of the Orlando trips. We could have driven straight through, by switching on and off- but I never get completely rested napping in a car so why start a vacation exhausted? One thing that helps us on long road trips is to pick up a book that we are both interested in and read facts/ quoted/ or jokes to each other. Another thing- i get cold- my husband gets hot and has to have the window down, so i bring a blanket and pillow for the ride.
The ride down is never bad, it's the ride home that really sucks for us :rotfl:
So we plan in stops to pick up peanut oil, or pecans. Just to break up the monotony of driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter