marcia's journal (comments welcome!)

Marcia, you are truly making those points work for you! I love that you checked dwlz & knew the points for the ice cream cake. That way, you could enjoy it and still make it work in your points for the day.

Have fun with your parents while out & about for the Super Bowl! How nice of you to help Mom out at Bally's!! You get extra brownie points for being a great daughter!! ::yes::

Marcia~Have a great day! I, too, love how you just roll with it. I hope everything goes well at the gym with your mom. I wish I lived close enough to my mom to do things like that (I'm about 2 hours away). My family is really close like yours; it's nice to see families like that around still! You are doing such a great job! Sharon mentioned your jeans--I'm curious about those too. Remember different brands fit differently as well. Do you buy juniors or misses? That can make a big difference. Also, I notice you're doing all that running (fun!) do you do any strength training? It can really help you slim down. I usually do upper body twice a week and lower body (including tons of lunges) once a week. I think I'm going to add a Total Body Challenge (kind of like curcuits, but w/o machines). I don't know--I'll see how that goes. Oh, and thanks for the congrats in your last post--I read every word! :cool1: Enjoy the super bowl!

so many visitors, hi everybody! thanks for your kind words :wave:

first, addressing a couple questions you guys had:

no, the jeans never fit correctly. but they're from old navy, which is where i get all my jeans. i think they may be a different cut though, cause i went to old navy w/my mom yesterday between gyms, and got a pair of size 10 in stretch (didn't want stretch, but they didn't have un-stretch in the kind i like), and they fit! so, i'm officially wearing a size 10 in jeans. woooooo! :smooth:

and about the strength training...sometimes i lift my biceps and triceps. and i try to do pilates twice a week. but other than that, i haven't been. when i used to run way back when, i had a strength routine that i followed as well. i know i have to start doing that again. today is a rest day for me (and much needed...see below :p), but starting tomorrow, i'll be hitting the weights!

so yesterday. i feel like i spent the entire day at the gym! haha. ran my 5.5 miles at my gym (woooo!), and also walked for 10 minutes. church break. then i went with my mom to bally's. showed her around, how to use weight machines, stuff like that. then we did 10 minutes on the elliptical, and walked 30 minutes on the treadmill. now, my mom is a very skinny woman. she's about 5'10" and 140 pounds. she has just recently develloped a belly which she wants to get rid of. but she is not in very good workout shape (cardio wise). she plays volleyball once or twice a week, and she used to walk with her lady friends, but it's been a while. she told me she thought she was going to die on the elliptical. i told her to just go slow, not turn up the resistance, and just do as much as she could. she was determined to finish those 10 minutes though! she's too funny. and she did well with the walking, i think she did between 3mph, and 3.5 mph pace. but then later we got home and she said she wasn't really tired so she didn't think she went fast enough. i told her not to push it, just gradually work up. so she was pretty excited overall. oh we also did crunches, mostly because i hadn't had time to do them right after my morning run. (she's 49 years old, in case anyone was wondering)

so with all that working out i did, i earned 8 aps yesterday. and i saved most of my points for dinner, because i thought we were going to houlihans to watch the game. we didn't. we stayed home. so i had lots of points to use, so i enjoyed myself. i had leftover chinese food from my brother's party, some pound cake that my aunt had brought to the party, and various ice cream treats. haha, sure, not the healthiest way to use my points, but i don't care. i planned on using a bunch last night, so i did :teeth: . aaaand, it's another cheat free day. i made it 10 days in a row so far! and i am determined to make it many many more!

details for yesterday:

s: pria bar = 2
b: fiber muffin + hot cocoa w/skim = 3
l: pb/banana oatmeal + 1/2 banana + 1 sm wheat pita w/ 2tbsp hummus, cucumbers, and green peppers = 5.5
s: 1/2 cup all bran + 1/4 cup skim + 1/2 cup strawberries = .5
d: 1 cup chinese chicken w/broccoli + 1 cup white rice = 9
dessert: pound cake + m&m cookie ice cream sandwich + slice ice cream birthday cake = 16.5

total: 36.5 (target - 20, aps - 8, flex - 8.5)

and i enjoyed every bit of it :crazy:

so on to today:

so far, i had a 1 pt muffin (toasted and then added 1 tsp reduced cal margarine), banana, and hot cocoa for breakfast. and a yogurt w/all bran for a snack. lunch will be leftovers of the shrimp/broccoli/pasta dish from my brother's party, and dinner will be leftovers of the chicken broccoli garlic dish i made the other night. i think i'm having a snack of a sm pita bread w/hummus and veggies too. maybe another cup of milk somehow too. and i'm doing my pilates dvd tonight. ok, time to go refill my water bottle and maybe do some work :p

Marcia, good for you enjoying the game. You certainly earned those activity points.. Just reading your journal makes me tired. I missed the game and Janet's preformance. CONGRATULATIONS ON FITTING IN SIZE 10 JEANS! That is awesome. I'm so proud of you.
Beth :sunny:

Hi Marcia!

My, weren't you just the busy little bee yesterday? What an awesome workout (actually 2 awesome workouts!):earseek: Way to go!

And congratulations on your size 10 jeans purchase!!!! That is great! I hope to be buying some clothes in a size 10 in the not too distant future myself.

And good for you to enjoy all those APS! You certainly earned the right to do that yesterday!

Hope you have a great day!

TTFN-
Sharon

Congrats on your jeans! That is so cool. :smooth: I'm glad you had a great day yesterday, and, yes you did earn all those treats! ::yes::

BTW, what pilates tape(s) do you have? I've been doing Pilates for Dummies, but I just borrowed 3 Winsor Pilates tapes from a co-worker and I can't wait to try them. :bounce:

thanks for all the positives guys, but i've come to turn myself in. i was doing well today, well, kinda. i had some ice cream cake (smaaaall piece), and a piece of the pound cake, but i was gonna have a 0 point dinner of a large salad. then my dad says, let's go to the rangers game. so i grabbed a snack pack of baby carrots, and sliced up cucumbers and peppers, and also a pria bar to bring to the game. fine, made it through the game. then i came home and just started grazing. i had a snack sized baby ruth, a couple oreos, a slice of hawaiian sweet bread, and a couple small pieces of chocolate. yikes. would've been better if i had just eaten a real dinner. 14 flex points spent today. didn't have any time to do my pilates, with the game and all.

so now i have 6 flex left for now through friday. oh well. not rolling over the bear tonight. but i think i'm gonna do what some of you guys are doing, and just count the bear as number of cheat free days in feb. so it's gonna sit at 1 tonight (because i was cheat free yesterday). and there will be no more cheating! damn. i do so well for about a week, then i break down. for no good reason. ok, enough. moving forward. i have my meals planned for tomorrow. and there will be no grazing at night! :rolleyes:

i'll check everybody else's journals in the morning. nite nite.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...... What the heck happened?

Okay, it is behind you! You WILL NOT snack tonight! You WILL roll your bear over after today as cheat free. In fact, I think I will add a bear to count cheat free days for Feb. Sounds like a great idea. You've got your plan for today and I know you will stick with it!::yes::

And I have to tell you, I tend to do the exact same thing. Once I go off plan a little, then I just have a little of this, a little of that.....Next thing ya know I've just consumer like 25 pts in 30 min!:crazy2: Well, part of this journey is knowing we are not perfect. The important thing is to pick yourself back up and get OP!

I hope you have a great day!:sunny: I'll check back later.

TTFN-
Sharon

hey sharon, i don't exactly know what the heck happened! i think once i start snacking on bad foods, i just continue till i can't eat any more. i know that this is more of a psychological thing than anything, i just don't know what is making me do it. next time i feel the urge, i am going to try to sit down and think about it before i just do it. it's not an all the time thing. like right now, someone just brought in dunkin donuts to work, they're sitting in the kitchen. but i don't want any. maybe if it was after 9pm i would. haha :crazy: .

maybe i should make a deal with myself that the only thing i'm allowed to eat after 9pm is sugar free jello. i know it sounds restrictive, and it's better to not deny yourself anything, but i think it's better for me than the "oh, i'll only have 1" thinking, that turns into not being able to stop. i know i have problems late at night, so this is how i'm going to go about solving this for now. we'll see if it works. ok, i'm going to go catch up with everybody else's journal and then i'll come back to my own to detail out yesterday (as bad as it was!), and also report on today :)

Like we said before, you and I are 2 peas in a pod....

That is exactly the reason I have a goal of no eating after 7 pm. Because somehow I just loose control. I think it is a good idea to try to "ride out the storm" if you get the urge to snack. My urge to do it has not gone away as yet, but I know that it is mind over matter for me. If I hold out long enough, the immediate urge goes away. So hang in there Marcia, part of the process is learning your triggers and problem spots. Looks like you've made a discovery about yourself!::yes::

Hi Marcia!

If I may add my 2 cents worth. Could it be the reason you grazed once you got home is because you were denying yourself something at the game that you really wanted? I know I can't go to any type of sporting event without having a Hot Dog. If I deny myself said Hot Dog I tend to eat everything once I get home because I am still craving my Hot Dog. Perhaps next time when plans change suddenly you could indulge in Hot Dogs or Nachos and then bring other healthy snacks instead of Popcorn and Peanuts (like you did) and that may stop you from grazing. These are just suggestions - if I'm way off base just let me know.

Put tomorrow behind you and look forward to today!

~Amanda

Hi Marcia,

Here's a hug.:hug: Yesterday is over, and you have learned form this. You won't eat anything but jello after 9pm. Great job look at the WHY of what happened. Have a wonderful cheat free day.
:sunny:
Beth

sharon - yeah, i'm beginning to really understand the time cut off. i used to think "oh that's silly, it doesn't matter when you eat, it just matters what you eat", but now that i've thought about it...it's not for that reason. it's the whole psychological issues that we have. aaaaah, i get it. and so your cut off is 7, and mine is 9. we will stick to this! i know we can do it :)

amanda - i'm sure the fact that i dind't eat a real dinner did contribute to my grazing. there's nothing at the game that i really wanted to have (i don't have a regular, such as your hot dog), but i know i felt deprived of "real" food. i have a feeling if i had just gotten a chicken sandwich, i may not have started eating when i got home. sure it would've been 7 or so points, but that would've been better than the bunch i ate at home.

beth - thanks for the hug, it feels like it's helping already :). and i did learn and i'm glad. gotta stumble along the way, it's only natural.

ok, onto the detailing portion. here's yesterday:

b: fiber muffin + 1 tsp marg + med banana + hot cocoa w/skim = 5
s: columbo light yogurt + 1/4 cup all bran = 2
l: shrimp, broccoli, pasta = 6
s: pound cake + ice cream cake + 2 gs cookies = 8.5
d: carrots + cucumber + peppers + pria bar = 2
s: chocolate + oreos + baby ruth + hawaiian bread = 10.5

total: 34 (target 20, flex 14)

so today so far, i ate a fiber muffin toasted w/1 tsp marg and hot cocoa made w/water for breakfast. and know those donuts? well, i decided to have one instead of my yogurt for my morning snack. not a big deal, still well within my points for the day. lunch will be my chicken/broccoli/garlic dish that is 6 points, plus i'll have some extra broccoli since there's not a cup-ful in the dish. and i'm going to have a pria bar about an hour before i run. hot cocoa w/skim is planned for after the run (as usual :p). not sure about dinner, but i have 3.5 target and 5 ap to work with. we'll see what's in the house, or if my mom has cooked anything. and i will not eat after 9pm.

gotta run a bit longer today than usual because i may not get to run tomorrow because i have a wake i need to go to. my mom's uncle i think it was, he died. it's no one i was close to or anything, but it's that whole "we're a close family so we come to support you" thing. i know it's good and necessary, so i'll just adjust my running around it. i may even wake up early tomorrow to get my run in before work. i'm going to try to get to bed by 10pm tonight at the latest. so those are my goals for the day. stick to target and a couple aps, no eating after 9pm, and in bed by 10. i will do it.

Hey, you can't beat yourself up over one day; remember it's behind you don't worry about it. Just keep up the running and stay on track today! You're a strong person; use your strength. I think the certain time of night rule will help psychologically--follow it for yourself. Remember, you just got new jeans--size 10--and no one can take that away from you. :sunny: Keep up the good work!

Hi Marcia!

I'm just checking with you to see how things are going. I'm glad you are back on track and pushing forward. It is so good to look at our mistakes or missteps and try to figure out what went wrong to make us go off plan and then get right back in there again, just like you are doing! Keep up the good work!

Hey Marcia,

Have fun on that run. I just wanted to say again that you are a good daughter. Major brownie points. Your family will be in my thoughts tomorrow.
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter