March Break at the Yacht Club! - UPDATED 07/21

I would have been freaking out about the limo not being there! It was great that they were able to have a limo still pick you up. Arrival day is always so exciting! :)

Great start! I would have been freaking out when the limo wasn't there! :eek: Glad they were able to get another one there for you.

We always get a car service in Orlando. But I am thinking of using Magical Express one of these days, to tr it out. How long would you say it took to get from landing to the YC? And when did your luggage show up in your room? Thanks!

I would have been freaking out about the limo not being there! It was great that they were able to have a limo still pick you up. Arrival day is always so exciting! :)

The limo did cause a few moments of freak out, especially since I had been reassuring my husband that I had left us plenty of time to get to the airport. I was dreading the discussion if we had missed our plane!

We actually panicked enough that while we waited for the limo we called a cab as well but the limo got there first and we cancelled the cab.

As for the timing of the ME, I'm glad you asked. I meant to include that detail in my report.

The time from the plane landing to entering our room was 2 hours. Our luggage arrived about 2 hours later.

We took a limo from the airport on our first trip to Disney (before the dawn of Magic Express) but have used the Magic Express on our last four trips and we love it. It is so simple to just get off the plane and go straight to the bus. We always pack one carry on with our swim suits and one change of clothing (which is just good travel practice anyway) and so it is no problem to wait a couple of hours for the luggage delivery.

OMG Teenager woes!!! I'm right there with ya!!

I've been dealing with "Tired and Crabby" all rolled into one 13 year old. Right now the Wii is unplugged and it's sitting on the counter precariously perched near the circular hole that is cut out for a trash can that is sitting underneath.

Depending on the mood and attitude of the cranky teen it gets pushed closer or further away from the hole of doom. This weekend it was HANGING OVER the HOLE! Now it's back a little but dear son has measured and determined that it has 19 feet and change before it makes it back to it's spot and he can play it again. Easter vacation is in 4 days so I hope he makes it. If his mood and attitude don't improve that thing is TOAST!!!

Keep up the great trip report and fill us in on all the excruciating details of the renovation. We are nosey and have NO LIFE...... so spill it!

~MM

Our son is 15 :sad2:. Up until last summer he was always a kid that went to bed early. He could barely make it to midnight on New Year's Eve. Now he would stay up until 3:00 am every night if we let him. He usually does that on weekends, but on weeknights he tries to have lights out by midnight.

You are one mean Mom with the Wii. :rotfl: Imagining it makes me very happy. I think the thing that made my son most crazy at Disney was that he had purchased a new XBox game on March 7, so it was hard for him to not be able to play it. (Aww, poor baby). You would think that having free reign on the iPad and having his iPod Touch would have been enough at Disney, but he still missed his electronics at home.

Since you have no life, here is another picture from the pre-renovation bathroom.

004_small.jpg

And another picture of the hard-done-by teenager waiting for the time to pass until we could leave home.

006_small.jpg

Just had to share another sleeping teenager. This is my nephew last summer on the drive from Philly back to the Jersey Shore after the Phillies game. At least he's got his seatbelt on. LOL

284557_2215509357180_1530963570_32432609_6138244_n.jpg

The time from the plane landing to entering our room was 2 hours. Our luggage arrived about 2 hours later.

Yeah...... it's ALWAYS depressing when your Magical Express luggage arrives before you do... ;)

~MM

Great start!!! Love your pictures and descriptions!

I had the same car service freakout on our last trip. We have been using the same car service for over 20 years and they have never failed to show up, always around 15 minutes early. We had an 8 PM pickup and at 7:59 when the car hadn't arrived yet, I asked my husband how late it had to be before I called. He wisely said "The car actually has to BE late before you call"

It arrived soon afterwards.

Oh, somehow I missed that there is a teen in the travelling party! This IS going to be fun!

@ focusondisney- I hope you try the Magical Express. Nothing starts a vacation off better than sitting on the Mickey bus, watching the welcome movie and not laying a hand on your luggage until it is in your room!

Just had to share another sleeping teenager. This is my nephew last summer on the drive from Philly back to the Jersey Shore after the Phillies game. At least he's got his seatbelt on. LOL

They stay up all night, but can also seem to sleep just about anywhere.

Great start!!! Love your pictures and descriptions!

Oh, somehow I missed that there is a teen in the travelling party! This IS going to be fun!

It is hard being a teenager (for those that don't know me, there is a lot of sarcasm here.)

As for the timing of the ME, I'm glad you asked. I meant to include that detail in my report.

We took a limo from the airport on our first trip to Disney (before the dawn of Magic Express) but have used the Magic Express on our last four trips and we love it. It is so simple to just get off the plane and go straight to the bus. We always pack one carry on with our swim suits and one change of clothing (which is just good travel practice anyway) and so it is no problem to wait a couple of hours for the luggage delivery.

@ focusondisney- I hope you try the Magical Express. Nothing starts a vacation off better than sitting on the Mickey bus, watching the welcome movie and not laying a hand on your luggage until it is in your room!

Thanks for the info on ME! We always use a town car & get to the resort about an hour after landing, even with collecting our own luggage. We usually travel in Sept, May or Dec. One of my DH's favorite things is seeing how fast we make it to the resort. :rotfl2: So I don't know if I can convince him to take ME if it means an extra hour getting there. :laughing:

Thanks for the info on ME! We always use a town car & get to the resort about an hour after landing, even with collecting our own luggage. We usually travel in Sept, May or Dec. One of my DH's favorite things is seeing how fast we make it to the resort. :rotfl2: So I don't know if I can convince him to take ME if it means an extra hour getting there. :laughing:

Getting there an hour earlier is hard to argue with, but I like taking ME because it gives me a peak at the other resorts. I love being the last stop because it means I get to drive up to more resorts.

I try to find excuses to visit the other resorts whenever possible, just to peak at the other theming. :)

I'm guessing your husband may not be sold by this though, since not all people are as curious (nosey) as me.

Once Stuart made sure we were in the hands of the CL team, he was off and we were seated at one of the CL desks to check in.

The CL staff member who checked us in was very thorough. She went through every detail and made sure we understood all the benefits such as when the lounge would be open etc. She also stressed that although the lounge would be closed from 4-5 for cleaning, we shouldn’t hesitate to ask for anything such as beer or wine.

When we went to check out what kind of pop was in the fridge, I looked over my husband’s shoulder and said “do they have Coke Zero” and my husband said “no, just diet and regular Coke.” Within about 90 seconds there was a cast member bringing us four bottles of Coke Zero for us to take to our room. We weren’t complaining about the pop selection or even asking for Coke Zero, but as soon as they heard we wanted some, they immediately brought us some. Such good service!

Off to the room… Our room was amazing, but it was a bit of a hike from the lounge. Nothing for us to complain about but I could see how some others might think it was a long walk.

We were in room 5222 which was great for me because I’m not always good with remembering numbers (or names, which is why I don’t remember the name of the woman that checked us in, or the name of the man that brought us the Coke Zero.)

The room was beautiful! :lovestruc

I do have one negative thing to report about the room, so I’m going to get it out of the way quickly and then get back to the positive. When we arrived we realized the fridge wasn’t working. It was warm. We did notify the person at the CL desk who said they would get it fixed. It did seem a bit colder later in the day, but then it returned back to its room temperature state and never did work for us during our stay. Not a problem for us, but it could be a big problem for someone else.

Back to the beautiful room… Here are a couple of pictures of the bathroom area. I love the décor, such as the shower curtain. All of it was pure Disney with various Mickey shapes, but in a grown up way.

020_small.jpg

021_small.jpg

There was plenty of storage with four wide drawers in the high dresser, and four narrow drawers in the cabinet under the TV.

022_small.jpg

025_small.jpg

If that isn’t enough storage for you, you could always remove the phone book from the cabinet between the beds (and give it to another guest who is wandering the halls looking for phone books) and use the bedside cabinet for storage.

023_small.jpg

My husband also liked that there was a small shelf on the other side of the bed to hold his iPod etc.

My favourite piece of furniture was this chair and ottoman.

024_small.jpg

It was such a comfortable place to sit. I could have spent many an hour in that chair. It was a great spot to do some knitting.

Among other things, I like to knit (a lot). I wasn’t planning on knitting at Disney, but when my friend/enabler asked what I would be working on at Disney I realized I better come up with something. So, I decided to work on a blanket made from little squares of leftover sock yarn. Here is what I accomplished while at the Yacht Club (often while sitting in the red chair.)

Leftovers031912.jpg

Here is how much I have done now.

Leftovers032712.jpg

Ok, enough of the knitting. If you are a knitter you can follow the progress of my blanket on my blog at www.janetmakesthings.blogspot.com. If you are not a knitter you can give a sigh of relief that I am getting back to my trip report.

Last but not least for the room report is the view. We had reserved a Standard View room and my only request was to have a balcony with a nice view. When we stood on our balcony this is what we saw.

018_small.jpg

I was a bit underwhelmed but my husband thought it was a nice view. I think I was underwhelmed because it was quite overcast, so everything was a bit dull and on our last trip we were at the CR overlooking the Magic Kingdom (hard to top that.) I did grow to like the view over the course of the week, and will post other view pictures in future posts.

Note to Dee – don’t take this view picture for your collection. Wait a few days and I’ll post some better shots.

Well that is enough prattling on for one day. Next up, Epcot.

Thanks Janet for the pics. I enjoyed them! You got a great view for standard...I have seen some pictures of lousy lousy views and this was actually pretty decent! I think the diff between standard and garden is minimal so next time try garden - I know the water view rate is a big leap though!

Thanks Janet for the pics. I enjoyed them! You got a great view for standard...I have seen some pictures of lousy lousy views and this was actually pretty decent! I think the diff between standard and garden is minimal so next time try garden - I know the water view rate is a big leap though!

Happy to hear you are enjoying the report.

I originally booked Garden View, but when the discount came out it wasn't available with the GV, so we switched to Standard. In the end I loved the view and I'm sure it was as good or better than many of the GV rooms. Someday I'd love a Water View room, but will likely not ever pay the price difference for it, since we are also happy without the view of some water.

That's awesome about the Coke Zero. My wife and I enjoy that more than Diet Coke also so I will be sure to "complain" like you did if they don't have it. Also, I like the view. We're going to be in a standard view when we go also so I hope my view is as good as yours. I keep hearing about views of parking lots and roofs and stuff and I'm just rooting for something, anything at all.

Sounds like it's going to be a great trip. I can't wait for Epcot!

beautiful room pictures - just don't understand why they drop at the mods first and then the deluxes - seems to happen every time and just doesn't make sense.

Hi there! I love your trip report so far... it's my ideal -- Disney with some home reno mixed in! :love: Love it!
Oh my, that limo incident would have sent me into a tizzy. Thank goodness it worked out for you so quickly.

Looking forward to reading more.
:cool1:

p.s. I think your pics are great so far!

That's awesome about the Coke Zero. My wife and I enjoy that more than Diet Coke also so I will be sure to "complain" like you did if they don't have it. Also, I like the view. We're going to be in a standard view when we go also so I hope my view is as good as yours. I keep hearing about views of parking lots and roofs and stuff and I'm just rooting for something, anything at all.

Sounds like it's going to be a great trip. I can't wait for Epcot!

I think people just want perfection in their views. I'll get into more detail in another report but we has a view of a parking lot and a roof, but if we looked straight out it was beautiful.

Great start to your TR :thumbsup2

Thanks

beautiful room pictures - just don't understand why they drop at the mods first and then the deluxes - seems to happen every time and just doesn't make sense.

I think it is a way of showing the Deluxe guests just how much better there hotel entrance is. ;) (just kidding)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!