March 3, 2013 DREAM

I've read that the best time to get to the terminal is between 12:15 and 1:15 - you miss the early arrivals rush and are checked in and on board before the resort busses show up. Do any expert cruisers our there have any tips or advice about check in? Also, we're first timers but we have some Castaway Club members in our group. Is it worth it (or even allowed) to check in/board with them?

When you complete your online check-in you will select a time to arrive at the port. They usually don't start boarding before about 1pm so no need to get there too early.
There are different lines for Castaway Club members and first time cruisers -- you can't go in the CC line with them, but both lines seem to move pretty quickly. After you complete your check-in they will give you a boarding group/zone number (I don't remember exactly what they call it). If everyone is checking in about the same time you may receive the same boarding group number so you can all get on the ship at about the same time.

When you arrive at the port you will drop off your luggage outside and just take your carry-on items with you. When you go up to the terminal they will have a short form to fill out asking if anyone in your party has been sick recently, then you head to the check in counter.
Just be sure to complete your online check-in before you arrive at the port and take your cruise documents (that you received in the mail), your ID, credit card for them to link to your account and passport.
The check-in process really does not take long, there are just a lot of people in the waiting area until about 1pm when they start boarding so it can get a bit hectic.

Susan

garysummer said:
The itinerary is up on the site. Basically get to port about 9 and leave around 5. Our firs cruise too, so no real ideas here. You might want to get an autograph pillow for your granddaughter.

Thanks for the tip! Fun project for the granddaughter to keep her occupied decorating and finding one for a few days before the trip.

TooPicky said:
Thanks for the tip! Fun project for the granddaughter to keep her occupied decorating and finding one for a few days before the trip.

No problem! Have a great cruise!!

Hi Disney Dream Cruisers for March 3rd 2013-

I'm cruising that week in 2014. Yep, so excited. I wanted to ask that when you get back could you please link me to any notes about your cruise. Like weather and the crowds. I fugure you all will be my best source since it is the same time of year as I will be going, just 364 days after you all sail. :)

This is our first offical Disney Cruise, I did the BIG RED BOAT back in the 80's !!!!! I am taking my Husband, Son-5, sister, Mom, Dad, Step-mom, neighbors (3 of them to include another 5 year old).

I am already working on all of our little things to tak along. I even have our FE gifts started. Can you tell I am excited.

Well, thank in advance and have a great time!!!!
Can't wait to hear how you cruise goes!

CruiseTink said:
When you complete your online check-in you will select a time to arrive at the port. They usually don't start boarding before about 1pm so no need to get there too early.
There are different lines for Castaway Club members and first time cruisers -- you can't go in the CC line with them, but both lines seem to move pretty quickly. After you complete your check-in they will give you a boarding group/zone number (I don't remember exactly what they call it). If everyone is checking in about the same time you may receive the same boarding group number so you can all get on the ship at about the same time.

When you arrive at the port you will drop off your luggage outside and just take your carry-on items with you. When you go up to the terminal they will have a short form to fill out asking if anyone in your party has been sick recently, then you head to the check in counter.
Just be sure to complete your online check-in before you arrive at the port and take your cruise documents (that you received in the mail), your ID, credit card for them to link to your account and passport.
The check-in process really does not take long, there are just a lot of people in the waiting area until about 1pm when they start boarding so it can get a bit hectic.

Susan

Thank you!
And thanks to all you Cuisers for the advice and tips. I'm getting so excited!

Is everyone signed up for the FE? Jus want to make sure I'm making the right number of items. Can't wait! We're going to be telling the kids in a coupe weeks...

Doodledisney said:
I am so excited! Getting my fish extender gifts ready!

I hear ya... I can't wait to tell the kids. Our current plan is to have a scavenger hunt. Each clue leads to another and each clue has a word on its back. Altogether the will add up to "look in the toy box". In the toy box will be a basket with various things for the cruise. Including a paper chain with an anchor on the end. I link for each day until we leave. They'll get to remove a link each day until ... Anchors's away!!!

BreauCat said:
The cut off date for signing up for the FE is Feb. 15. - 2 more weeks to go::yes::

We just booked and are very excited. I have 2 small kids, 4 yrs and not quite 2 yrs, and would love to do a fish extenders group. This is our first cruise so I'm a newbie, how do I sign up and what are the rules? Thanks!

Never used anything like this so I hope I am doing it right. Just booked our first Disney cruise for March 3 and have 2 little girls, ages 4 and almost 2. I have been reading about fish extenders and would like to be involved. How can we join and what do we need to do or know? Thanks!

Never used anything like this so I hope I am doing it right. Just booked our first Disney cruise for March 3 and have 2 little girls, ages 4 and almost 2. I have been reading about fish extenders and would like to be involved. How can we join and what do we need to do or know? Thanks!

Welcome 2littlemermaids! :)

There is a sign up list on page 2, post #25. You can just fill out your information. Basically, you prepare little gifts for the other participants and in turn, they will bring you gifts too! I think it has been described earlier in these pages. There is also a great explanation in the stickies on the top of the cruise forum.

Cheers!

Cathy

We just booked and are very excited. I have 2 small kids, 4 yrs and not quite 2 yrs, and would love to do a fish extenders group. This is our first cruise so I'm a newbie, how do I sign up and what are the rules? Thanks!

Welcome 2littlemermaids! :banana:

2littlemermaids said:

There are a couple threads in he forums on homemade FE gifts that might help give you some ideas. This is it first cruise too and that forum really helped me understand the concept.

We are officially booked on this cruise in stateroom #9667 :) Only 28 days to go!

Thanks! I was getting nervous, didn't seem to be many rooms left on this cruise and had to wait on the travel insurance before I could rebook.

Is there a facebook page for this group?

What do dw, dh, ds, and dd stand for on the sign up?

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one lost with that ...
DW = Dear Wife
DH = Dear Husband
DD = Dear Daughter
DS = Dear Son

The gifts can be gender specific (i.e. Princess stuff for a girl) and since some names are gender neutral (i.e. Pat) or perhaps unfamiliar it helps avoid confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter