March 3, 2013 DREAM

Thanks! I was getting nervous, didn't seem to be many rooms left on this cruise and had to wait on the travel insurance before I could rebook.

Is there a facebook page for this group?

Welcome nkochrn

No, there isn't a Facebook page. This is it! I think we are all getting excited - The countdown is on!! :banana:

Cathy

So excited about our first cruise after years of enjoying WDW! Will be me, my DH, DD9 and DD7. I've loved reading the forums and thank everyone for great advice!!! Hope to meet some of you in a few weeks!

Originally Posted by kaylamarie1698
Hey this is my families first disney cruise, and cruise overall any advice? And what are fish extenders?

Welcome aboard kaylamarie1698!
A fish extender is a pocketed hanger that is used for trading gifts with other passengers aboard a Disney cruise. It is like a secret santa. Participants join on-line in a forum like this and then exchange gifts during their cruise. Gifts can be for each cabin or each person in the cabins. They can be homemade or purchased, Disney or home town related. It is totally up the the giver. You can find lots of info about FEs here on Disboards. If you are interested in joining the fun, the link to our sign up sheet can be found in post #25 on this forum. The cutoff date for signing up to participate is Feb. 15.
This will be our 2nd DC - so I don't have as much experience or advice that others may provide, but one thing I remember from last time that I've to my pre-trip planning is to bring a night light for the bathroom - it gets really dark at night, especially in inside cabins.:yay:

Hello everyone. We are going on our first cruise ever! Cant wait to experience the whole "at sea" experience. I wanted to join in the FE exchange. I will post the info on the doc as well, but thought I should post it here too. In case i cant get it to you all in time (I saw the cutoff date is day after tomorrow).
Me DH DS(7) DD(1) in stateroom 6620. Our son is so excited! I have a question:
Do I need to make an FE gift for each night of the cruise?

Hello everyone. We are going on our first cruise ever! Cant wait to experience the whole "at sea" experience. I wanted to join in the FE exchange. I will post the info on the doc as well, but thought I should post it here too. In case i cant get it to you all in time (I saw the cutoff date is day after tomorrow).
Me DH DS(7) DD(1) in stateroom 6620. Our son is so excited! I have a question:
Do I need to make an FE gift for each night of the cruise?

Welcome Areemas!

You will have a blast! For the FE, you chose what/when you want to give. I will be giving 1 gift per stateroom with little surprises for each member. I will only be giving 1 gift. It's really up to you!

Cathy

Thank you Cathy for the warm welcome and clarity on the gifts.

We are getting more and more excited as the days go by.

It is our first time doing this so I am still wondering what to do: a gift per stateroom or per person. However, there are some really great ideas here.

Thank you Cathy for the warm welcome and clarity on the gifts.

We are getting more and more excited as the days go by.

It is our first time doing this so I am still wondering what to do: a gift per stateroom or per person. However, there are some really great ideas here.

Welcome aboard. It's our first cruise as well ... getting very excited. We're telling the kids tomorrow :)) I've spent a lot of time sorting out the FE as well. Based on reading, I am doing different gifts for each member in the stateroom. As I see it, what a boy would like is vastly different than what a girl would like and this is completely different than what an adult would like. My opinion was shaped somewhat from reading the forums and also by looking at the Fish Extenders ... there is generally a pouch for each person in the stateroom. I am only doing 1 gift per person for the entire cruise. If I did it per day, there would be no room in my lugage for anything else! Besides, the ship looks big and we are scattered all over it. The thought of running around the ship every day to deliver FE gifts is exhausting.

Garysummer- that is so exciting - leaving the surprise for the kids. I did that a couple years ago - we had "given" them a Disney vacation for Christmas - but did not tell them about the cruise. Once we were done our 4 days at the site, I told my kids that the plane was delayed and that Disney let us hop on the bus to visit the "new boat". (The Dream was new at the time). Once we were in front of the Dream, I pretended that I was taking a picture of them with the boat - but I actually was filming them. I told them at that point that we were cruisin'. They were so excited! Ah, what great memories!

You should film them when you let them know! It is a great souvenir!!

Cathy

Garysummer- that is so exciting - leaving the surprise for the kids. I did that a couple years ago - we had "given" them a Disney vacation for Christmas - but did not tell them about the cruise. Once we were done our 4 days at the site, I told my kids that the plane was delayed and that Disney let us hop on the bus to visit the "new boat". (The Dream was new at the time). Once we were in front of the Dream, I pretended that I was taking a picture of them with the boat - but I actually was filming them. I told them at that point that we were cruisin'. They were so excited! Ah, what great memories!

You should film them when you let them know! It is a great souvenir!!

Cathy

That's awesome! We are definitely going to video tape them. We're doing pretty much the same thing as you except in reverse. We'll tell them about the cruise on Valentine's day and then after the cruise we're heading to WDW for another 4 nights. We're planning on just getting them on the bus to the resort and seeing how long it takes them to figure out that we're going to a hotel, not an airport.

That's awesome! We are definitely going to video tape them. We're doing pretty much the same thing as you except in reverse. We'll tell them about the cruise on Valentine's day and then after the cruise we're heading to WDW for another 4 nights. We're planning on just getting them on the bus to the resort and seeing how long it takes them to figure out that we're going to a hotel, not an airport.

I love surprises! :yay: Please let us know how they react! When we "gave" them the vacation in WDW, I had wrapped a disney photo frame and inside the frame I prepared 4 airline tickets. It took them a few seconds to read what they were, but they were so excited! This is so exciting!!

I love surprises too! For DD Skylar's bday a few years back, I wrapped an autograph book with her name, the ships name and the date we were sailing. Her face was priceless when she opened it! :lmao:

Hi friends,

This is the last call for any members that would like to join our FE group. I will be closing the list tomorrow evening. At that point, the FE list will become read only and no new data can be entered.

Then the FE fun begins! :dance3:

Cathy

Hi everyone! I'm new here :wave:

My boyfriend & I are going to be on this cruise celebrating our 8-yr anniversary! We're both really excited. I've never been on a cruise before & It's been a long time for him. I'm a HUGE Disney fan so we thought this would be a great experience.

The FE swap looks like a lot of fun! I think I'll go sign us up for it right now!

Hi everyone! I'm new here :wave:

My boyfriend & I are going to be on this cruise celebrating our 8-yr anniversary! We're both really excited. I've never been on a cruise before & It's been a long time for him. I'm a HUGE Disney fan so we thought this would be a great experience.

The FE swap looks like a lot of fun! I think I'll go sign us up for it right now!

Welcome aboard Fairy Mermaid!

I have a question about the FE list
is Candyce another family or just a child? I am unsure of how many family gifts to make

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter