March 3, 2013 DREAM

We are getting pretty excited. I signed up for the FE, but will check out the suggestions for prizes! Thank you!

We are getting pretty excited. I signed up for the FE, but will check out the suggestions for prizes! Thank you!

Welcome Tassma! There are lots of ideas for FE gifts here on Disboards, on Facebook,and Pinterest - have fun.

garysummer said:
This will be the first cruise for our family. It will be me, my wife, our 2 kids (6 and 4). Any advice/tips to magic the trip more magical would be greatly appreciated. Very excited about the trip ... can't wait! 73 days!!!

Hi there - looks like we will be close by your family. I have a DD that is turning 7 on the day we sail and a DS that is 9. You might check into an autograph pillow. It is incredible and the perfect keepsake! I made one for each our last cruise with iron transfers and put on a travel pillow case.

Have fun!

BreauCat said:
Welcome Tassma! There are lots of ideas for FE gifts here on Disboards, on Facebook,and Pinterest - have fun.

Thank you! How fun!!!!

Hi there - looks like we will be close by your family. I have a DD that is turning 7 on the day we sail and a DS that is 9. You might check into an autograph pillow. It is incredible and the perfect keepsake! I made one for each our last cruise with iron transfers and put on a travel pillow case.

Have fun!

Thanks! We got an autograph pillow case. They look real cute. Cna't wait to tell our kids! A birthday on the cruise! how exciting! Can't think of a better place to celebrate.

I'm a first time poster AND a first time cruiser! My husband, mom, and dad usually do a WDW trip every year. This year we decided to try out the Disney Dream! We can't wait! Any advice, tips, or general knowledge you may have to share would be appreciated!

avz102 said:
I'm a first time poster AND a first time cruiser! My husband, mom, and dad usually do a WDW trip every year. This year we decided to try out the Disney Dream! We can't wait! Any advice, tips, or general knowledge you may have to share would be appreciated!

Welcome aboard!

avz102 said:

Congrats and welcome aboard. We're first time cruisers also. I've been hunting around for tips/advice as well. Most of mine has been centered around kids though as I am traveling with a 4 and 6 yr old. Sounds like you are traveling without kids.

garysummer said:
Congrats and welcome aboard. We're first time cruisers also. I've been hunting around for tips/advice as well. Most of mine has been centered around kids though as I am traveling with a 4 and 6 yr old. Sounds like you are traveling without kids.

Thanks! Yes, we're an 'adults only' group, but we love all things Disney!

Are there any runners out there who continued to train while on the Dream? I joined a Team in Training group this winter, and I'm training for my first marathon which will be in May! I'd like to at least maintain my training schedule while I'm on vacation (I know my eating and drinking plan will be out the window!). I've heard there is a "track" around the ship - does anyone know how long it is?

Hello,

The track goes around (somewhat clumsily) the ship. I have no idea how long it is - but my DH was not impressed. It is not all outside - the ends go through pedestrian passageways and he dodged strollers etc. Still better than a treadmill. Hope your long run days don't fall on the cruise. J

Are there any runners out there who continued to train while on the Dream? I joined a Team in Training group this winter, and I'm training for my first marathon which will be in May! I'd like to at least maintain my training schedule while I'm on vacation (I know my eating and drinking plan will be out the window!). I've heard there is a "track" around the ship - does anyone know how long it is?

Welcome to our group! The track is ok, but there is a 5k on Castaway Cay. I think my sister and her DH might be trying it.

Cathy

Yay! 4 of us going.. Us grandparents and the daughter and our granddaughter of 8! She will enjoy this so much and so will we.

Looking for things to do in Nassau. We don't want to go to paradise island/Atlantis, and we do want to see the straw market. But after that?

How long is the ship in port? How do we know when to get back? Also same questions on Castaway Cay?:hyper::banana:

Hope it won't be too cold to snorkle and jet ski at castaway.

Welcome to our group! Wish I could give you some suggestions for Nassau, but I haven't been there...someone else in this group mentioned a pirate museum.pirate:

This is our first cruise, so I've never been to Nassau, but we are going on the Seaworld Explorer Semi-Submarine. I hope it's fun. If we have time, we also want to see the pirate museum.

I believe we are in Nassau and Castaway Cay for about 8 hours.

TooPicky said:
Yay! 4 of us going.. Us grandparents and the daughter and our granddaughter of 8! She will enjoy this so much and so will we.

Looking for things to do in Nassau. We don't want to go to paradise island/Atlantis, and we do want to see the straw market. But after that?

How long is the ship in port? How do we know when to get back? Also same questions on Castaway Cay?:hyper::banana:

Hope it won't be too cold to snorkle and jet ski at castaway.

The itinerary is up on the site. Basically get to port about 9 and leave around 5. Our firs cruise too, so no real ideas here. You might want to get an autograph pillow for your granddaughter.

I've read that the best time to get to the terminal is between 12:15 and 1:15 - you miss the early arrivals rush and are checked in and on board before the resort busses show up. Do any expert cruisers our there have any tips or advice about check in? Also, we're first timers but we have some Castaway Club members in our group. Is it worth it (or even allowed) to check in/board with them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter