March 2023 W.I.S.H.- Spring Into Health!

It struck me that very basic things like rest and eating right were on the bottom, or "unseen" part, because our society doesn't support or talk openly enough about them. Not needing much sleep is seen as something to be admired, and soooo many social things revolve around unhealthy food.

I missed Thankful Thursday. I am Thankful for DD. I mentioned to her a few weeks ago that I missed riding a horse. She took it upon herself to talk with my mom and the next time we were at her barn and DD was done riding my mom told me to get on. So, I got to ride for the first time in about 20 years. Now my body didn't like it so much. I was a bit sore on Friday. But I can't wait to ride again. It is a good workout. I am not going much. Just walking but that is good for me right now.

We didn't do much this weekend and I didn't get the cleaning done that I wanted to. DD worked all day Saturday and DS worked that night. I did have DH take DD to the barn to night feed. I wanted just a little bit of time to myself. I just don't really get that. Thankfully DD was ok with it. She tends to want me to go with her. I didn't get the whole time alone because DS came home on his break but he was only home for a short time. Yesterday, was grocery shopping and then I took a nap. Then I took DD to drop off an application and then came home and cut everything up for salad. We had chicken salad for dinner. We haven't had that in a long time. We have agreed to make it at least every other week.

The graphic for today is perfect for me Summer... I woke up this morning feeling frustrated with Noom, and to cap it off when I got on the scale I was back up 2 pounds. At this point I've lost three weeks of my steady -1 pound per week plan. I know that isn't directly Noom's fault, but I've gone from feeling like the structure would be good for me to feeling like it is a distraction that is in the way. So I'm not going to do it this week and will go back to logging food in FitBit, as logging is what I really need.

So I'm trying it a different way. Or going back to the original way with renewed determination.

Last edited:

Topic Tuesday
2C5524A0-AA78-41CA-8111-4280844A3B74.jpeg

I know intellectually that this is true, but the day in day out struggle can be very difficult when the scale isn’t moving in the right direction.

Everyone has their own path. My friend did the lap band. Another had bariatric surgery. My doctor wants me to use Ozembic…but the side effects sound like a nightmare.

So for now, my path is to create healthy habits…counting calories and trying to move every day. When I can add swimming to my routine, I may actually derive some pleasure in the process.

We need to be gentle with ourselves as we forgive our missteps and try to do better every day.

I love yesterday and todays posts! Such great reminders!

Things have been so busy here at home and work and I am looking forward to working from home the rest of the week!

I have off today from 945am-11am to register DD and I for wine and dine in November! Hoping we get a 5K and 10k spot!!!

Yesterday was in the office day for me and I was able to get my lunch break walk in which was chilly but I warmed up quick! I was thankful to be able to do that.

Saturday was a terrible eating day for me-attending a baby shower and DH and I went out to dinner! The desserts at the shower were little mini desserts made by a local baker and let me tell you every bite was worth the calories! Our favor was a cookie made by the same bakery and I ate it on my ride home!!! Then DH and I split peanut butter pie after dinner! But it’s ok, I just moved forward Sunday!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

I love yesterday and todays posts! Such great reminders!

Things have been so busy here at home and work and I am looking forward to working from home the rest of the week!

I have off today from 945am-11am to register DD and I for wine and dine in November! Hoping we get a 5K and 10k spot!!!

Yesterday was in the office day for me and I was able to get my lunch break walk in which was chilly but I warmed up quick! I was thankful to be able to do that.

Saturday was a terrible eating day for me-attending a baby shower and DH and I went out to dinner! The desserts at the shower were little mini desserts made by a local baker and let me tell you every bite was worth the calories! Our favor was a cookie made by the same bakery and I ate it on my ride home!!! Then DH and I split peanut butter pie after dinner! But it’s ok, I just moved forward Sunday!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Worth the calories is such an important thing. Last night I had some chocolate cake and it wasn’t even good, but I kept eating it. I should have asked myself is this really worth the calories and tossed it.

Another great post Summer, and exactly what I’m working on… small good daily habits.

I had a high calorie day yesterday, partly due to the afore mentioned chocolate cake plus some dried pineapple from earlier in the day… just two small corrections to make. Somehow this is clearer to me going back to logging in FitBit.

I can’t figure out how to add Pilates and Yoga into my FitBit to earn calories from them, so I’ve decided that they will be secret bonuses and that if I want more calories I’ll just have to walk more. I’ve signed up for another walk with the group on Saturday and this one is followed by a lunch, so I’ll have a chance to get to know the people a little better. And last Saturday my Niece showed me some trails in the neighborhood, so I can go further without getting lost in the woods.

For new daily habits, I’m upping my daily step goal from 5000 to 8000 and recommitting to the daily 500 calorie deficit needed to lose a pound a week. Simple, right?

Whoooohooooo! Wednesday!

Whoohooo DD and I got registered for wine and dine yesterday! I had 3 browsers open on different devices. After a hour of waiting I was only able to register myself for the 5K-it would not give me the option to “add another registration” so I quick paid and hopped back into a different window which was thankfully just opening up for registration and I was able to register DD for the 5K too! After all of that I was too scared to even attempt to register for the 10k, and based on the feedback on the boards here it looks like the 10k sold out before I would have even been able to register us. Everything happens for a reason and I am happy we both got 5K spots!

DD and I have both come down with something-not sure if it’s the same illness or different. Mine is mild-congestion, tired and sneezing. DDs is mild too with a sore throat and that’s about it for her. Whooohooo that it’s a work from home day for me!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Woohoo... yesterday was a lovely day of wandering around my old haunts. The weather turned out nice so the drive to/from was lovely as well. I had to get scanned at the Orthodontist, so I needed to be in-office, but they are going to mail me the next set of trays so I won't have another ortho appt until probably early fall. But while I was in the old neighborhood I got a pedicure at my old place and it is so good. I can't find anyone here who does fancy spa style pedis it is all the $20 quickie ones, so I'll need to think about what to do the next time I need one.

Woohoo... yesterday was another high calorie day but this time nutrition came with it, and I was down a pound this morning. Go figure. I managed to get my 8000 steps in despite spending so much time in the car. Today I'm going to walk the bay trail because it is flat and groomed with gravel, so I can work on speed. And burning more calories.

Last edited:
Some mischievous 8th graders left the water running in the science classroom and flooded it and the rooms below. My classroom is 2 floors down. The Art teacher was still in the building, ran to my classroom before the ceiling collapsed, and moved some things out of the room. I am very nervous about what I will find in the morning. It gives me a stomach ache just thinking about it.

So, my Woo Hoo for today is the Art teacher who did what she could to rescue as many of our things as she could.

Some mischievous 8th graders left the water running in the science classroom and flooded it and the rooms below. My classroom is 2 floors down. The Art teacher was still in the building, ran to my classroom before the ceiling collapsed, and moved some things out of the room. I am very nervous about what I will find in the morning. It gives me a stomach ache just thinking about it.

So, my Woo Hoo for today is the Art teacher who did what she could to rescue as many of our things as she could.
Oh no!

I’m not gonna lie…I am feeling very apprehensive about what I will find when I get to school today.

Last night the PE teacher texted me at bedtime, and I didn’t answer because I was afraid it was bad and I wouldn’t be able to sleep. So I showered, read a book, and went to bed. I have been up since 4:07 AM, but my family is getting ready for work so I’m lingering in bed. I will be going in early to deal with the aftermath.

I hope that the stinkers will have consequences, but deep down I know they won’t.

Ugh.

I’m not gonna lie…I am feeling very apprehensive about what I will find when I get to school today.

Last night the PE teacher texted me at bedtime, and I didn’t answer because I was afraid it was bad and I wouldn’t be able to sleep. So I showered, read a book, and went to bed. I have been up since 4:07 AM, but my family is getting ready for work so I’m lingering in bed. I will be going in early to deal with the aftermath.

I hope that the stinkers will have consequences, but deep down I know they won’t.

Ugh.
I’m so sorry 😔 hoping for the best

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!