Marathon Weekend 2023

Now I am on the phone with hotel reservations since I am officially registered for Castaway. I was going to move from POFQ to Poly on Sunday of MW but now I just want to cancel Poly and add a night at POFQ. It said it’ll be a 30 min wait.

How do you upgrade? Dopey shows availability. I click on it? Then what? Does it already know I have the marathon and automatically upgrades me with a fee?
No. In your account you’ll look at your current marathon registration and it’ll say something about changing it. Clicking that will give you the option to switch to something higher.

Quick Question: How do you upgrade? Dopey shows availability. I click on it? Then what? Does it already know I have the marathon and automatically upgrades me with a fee?

You go into your registrations screen and in the bottom corner will be a button that says "Change Category". You click on that and select the race you want from the menu and then it takes you through the process of changing the registration to the new race.

Officially in for my first marathon! Still semi in shock that I actually pressed the register button and went for it, but I'm just so excited for the race to be my big "take that" (along with some other non-family friendly words) to the cancer I've been fighting since September.

Yeah, it does seem to be going very fast - reminiscent of peak running years, 2015-16ish?? But even then, I’m not sure how fast the challenges sold out.

Maybe last year people weren’t quite ready to commit, but now everyone is wanting to come back???

Yes, I think it's 1) big 30th anniversary year for Marathon and 10th for Dopey, 2) there is absolutely pent-up pandemic travel/Disney/Marathon Weekend demand, 3) the close proximity to holidays, and 4) really fun and popular race themes! Quite a combo of factors.

Am I the only person who finds it stressful that it just calls it "Dopey" and doesn't specify that I registered for four races? I mean, I know I did, but I'd really like to see it in writing under my registration.

Yeah, it does seem to be going very fast - reminiscent of peak running years, 2015-16ish?? But even then, I’m not sure how fast the challenges sold out.

Maybe last year people weren’t quite ready to commit, but now everyone is wanting to come back???

This was me last year. Wanted to pull the trigger on Dopey but with all the uncertainty around travel restrictions (I'm Canadian and the rules seemed to change every week) and the variants, I just couldn't convince my self.

I am exhausted but very excited. Originally logged on at 9:41 am and that never even got me anywhere. I got in at 1:07 PM and was able to register myself and my friend for the Half Marathon, which was what we wanted. I typed as fast as I could!
I was the same. I had tabs open on my laptop and on my phone and of course my phone one came up first and I was trying so hard to type fast but accurately on that tiny little keyboard! I'm exhausted too! What a morning!

The fact that even the marathon sold out... I'd get all the other distances, but now I'm wondering if there are shenanigans afoot.

Maybe there really is that much pent up demand for travel.
I'm guessing it's a bit of both. Remember that something like 25% of the bibs for the full DNS in January, whether that was covid-related of whatever. But that's a LARGE number of sold bibs that didn't show up on race day. And we know from here that there was a portion of members who didn't register for any of the MW races because of all of the uncertainty surrounding everything, PLUS all of the international restrictions.

A silver lining is that this should drive up the number of bibs charities are able to register and hopefully they will have a good fundraising year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter