Marathon Weekend 2023

So I tried to register my mom on a whim for the 5K thinking it could be her Mother’s Day present. Finished checking out and it was sold out. My card got charged though - will they automatically refund it or am I going to have to call them? Blah! Probably should have decided before 10 minutes ago to do that lol.

Gonna quote myself here because I feel like it probably got lost in the sea of links a few pages back. Anybody know the answer?

5k was less than 30 minutes. I got the sold out message, cursed, refreshed, and reentered all information for 2 Dopey Registrations before 1 pm. So, it was likely gone in about 25 minutes. I know that is close to 30 minutes, but at least narrows it down and seperates it from others as by far the fastest to sell out.

Lost out on Dopey while signing my wife up for 5k.. and was successful for her… does dopey ever open up again? Or what is a charity bib?

Had to settle for Goofy. I'm so incredibly pissed right now. My original queue link still has a wait time. Thanks to someone on here (I can't even remember who at this point because I was frantically clicking queue links), I managed to get Goofy before it sold out. This whole debacle is shameful.

Related, a friend of mine who ran Dopey last year said that sometimes more spots open up later. Does anyone have experience upgrading from a Goofy or other races to a Dopey when that happens?

I've yet to see charges on my disney credit card - got confirmation email, but don't see pending status on credit card at all yet

EDIT: Correction - just showed up...over 50 minutes later.

I am so upset about this registration process. I have been online since before 9:30. I got in to the registration page around 9:50 and selected everything I wanted (for myself and friends) and get to the charge my credit card and it says races are full. Ok, drop the 5k and then again, the 10k is out. Third time, Dopey is out. Against my better judgement I got the half and full for me (Goffey was gone too by then), and the half for my son and friend. All other registrations gone. I hope I can find a Dopey and upgrade my two races. I was about to cancel the entire trip except the half is on my oldest son's 16th birthday and it will be his first half.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I have to put it out there. Disney has been slowly going downhill! Just a bit of background on me, I took a Disney trip every year from age 3-18. Had a few trips here and there btwn 2000-2009. Bought in DVC in 2009. Became AP holder in 2010 and have been ever since. My husband and I got engaged and married in Disney (engaged MK, married seabreeze point and top of the world lounge - 2nd wedding event in that space). My husband and I go to Disney 4-5 times a year. We live in the northeast! I have been basically turning a blind eye to the downfall Disney has been in for years, ie using there own movies to sponsor rides - now the movies are starting to take over the resorts! I fell in love with the inventive and magical Disney of yesteryear. But I can not ignore the turn it has taken with its park passes and lighting lane. This Disney IT is all apart of this new Disney! It seems to me that Chapek is seeing how far he can push the lines for profit. It seems to me that part of park passes and genie + is to staff the park at min. Or at least certain areas of the park at bare min staffing. WE ALL ARE PART OF MAKING THIS OKAY! AS LONG AS PEOPLE KEEPING GOING, KEEP PAYING. I think i am done. I am angry and sad about this. Ask my husband, I love Disney!!!!!!! But this treatment is not okay and i am not going to allow them to walk all over me anymore. I am sad to say all this!!! And wish I didn’t have to! I want my magical and imaginative Disney World back!!
My husband continued to try to get in… when he got in he faced more glitches that didn’t allow him to register… then dopey sold out… prior to that 5k and 10k sold out which are the races I wanted to do… I kept my page open but didn’t plan on registering but it glitched and went from 38mins to over and hour and so 5k and 10k sold out before I was let in!!! Which really solidified what I said above!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter