Marathon Weekend 2020

I’m honestly in disbelief about how quickly the 5k sold out. Was going to be the first race for my niece and nephew. We were in the queue at 9:42 and I was the only one in my family who managed to get a single 5k registration done for my mom. Mom and sister were also in the queue at the same time. I didn’t register my niece and nephew because I thought it would be better for my sister to register them as a parent, I guess I could have claimed to be a guardian but it didn’t feel right. So much remorse for the whole process.

I’m honestly in disbelief about how quickly the 5k sold out. Was going to be the first race for my niece and nephew. We were in the queue at 9:42 and I was the only one in my family who managed to get a single 5k registration done for my mom. Mom and sister were also in the queue at the same time. I didn’t register my niece and nephew because I thought it would be better for my sister to register them as a parent, I guess I could have claimed to be a guardian but it didn’t feel right. So much remorse for the whole process.

Acclaim Travel is showing a pretty good inventory of 5k bibs on their site available right now, if you don't mind going the TA route...

I am in for my fourth Dopey, and first since ankle injury/surgery and too much lost time. I am pretty excited as it will also be my daughter’s first 10k! I am still surprised at how fast the 5k went. WDW Marathon Weekend here we come!

Acclaim Travel is showing a pretty good inventory of 5k bibs on their site available right now, if you don't mind going the TA route...

Unfortunately getting locked into hotel rooms to get the bibs doesn’t really work for us. Wonder if the TAs saw how fast 5k went in AP registration and gobbled up a bunch of them. This just seemed crazy fast for a sellout.

Being a runDisney newbie.... any chance we'll see some 5k slots open up later in the year? Wasn't able to get DW and friend registered... bummer... @rteetz

Was able to register for shot #2 at Dopey last week but 5-K sold out before I could register my kids. Looks like I am one of the few lucky ones able to get in this morning and get my two older girls registered for both 5-K and 10-K. Will be the first race the three of us have run together so I'm pretty excited to get to share it with them.

They didn't allow spectators along the course during the SW races.
Except for the places where they did, lol! I saw spectators at all the usual spots for SW.

I'm guessing the madness of registration will derail things a little bit, but that's cool, we'll forge ahead with Sundays are Disney anyway. For this week's SAFD, I want to know what is your favorite in park music?
SAFD: For me, it was EP's background music... until AK opened. It's been AK's background music ever since. ♥ For races, does anything beat "Sweet Caroline" during the marathon?!

Quick question for those of you who participate in SAFD: does anyone take these questions “offline” and pose them to your kids, spouses, partners, etc.?
I do sometimes!

Being a runDisney newbie.... any chance we'll see some 5k slots open up later in the year? Wasn't able to get DW and friend registered... bummer... @rteetz
It is possible, especially if Dopey isn't selling well and they break those up to open individual race spots.

~~~

I, too, am shocked by how fast the 5K went! It'll be interesting to see how the 10K fares...

The rD site crashed as I was finishing up my Goofy registration and I haven't got a confirmation email yet. When I look under my events on their site, it does show the Goofy registration so I should be good. Did this happen to anyone else?

So my husband goes by his middle name, so his bib always has his first name on it instead of the name he is actually called! Is there a way to address this on the registration? I have never seen it as an option, but thought someone may have a different strategy. I know it has to match his license, though

That was my most frustrating marathon weekend registration ever. Finally got in an hour past registration opening, and then couldn’t complete the form because I didn’t have the option to select a shirt size on mobile. I had to call my boyfriend to register me after he finished his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!