Marathon Weekend 2018

I think I would choose the 10k course. I ran it at Princess this year (same course as 2017 WDW weekend - but who knows for 2018) and loved how you get to enjoy Epcot, the hotel area at the Boardwalk, and back to Epcot to finish. I cannot imagine how gorgeous it’ll look at Christmas and how the hotels will be decorated. I know the marathon is the biggest deal of the weekend, but I just love the 10k distance... and the course at WDW.

Ps:
For those looking to finish off their costumes, Sparkle Athletic is hosting their once per year sale: buy one get one 50% off through tomorrow.

I'm ready for it to be Marathon Weekend - who else is with me?
I'm ready to be done with training runs.
Today’s question: You can only pick one race during marathon weekend to run, which would it be and why?
The marathon. I haven't done one yet and that's the main reason I'm headed down. Though, I would have considered a different marathon for my first was it not for the Dopey Challenge.
The full. It's the only race during which the rides and bars are open.
I feel like these are important qualities that more races (both in and out) of Disney need to consider.

I'll go with the 10k for my marathon weekend race. You get Epcot in the dark still, you get some different characters out it seems, and you get a but more of the Epcot are in the run. I mean I love the marathon because of all there is see during the race, but honestly I don't love running marathons. :rolleyes1

I'm ready for it to be Marathon Weekend - who else is with me?

Three weeks until I'm on my way back to the House of Mouse ...
I am ready to be back too, 11 days till we head down for a short Christmas trip with the kids, 5 weeks till we head down for marathon weekend.

How's your 3 caballero's costume coming?

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone had a great week. As always Sundays are for Disney.

Today’s question: You can only pick one race during marathon weekend to run, which would it be and why?
Marathon for me. It's got so many great things going on.

With so many people saying the marathon is their favorite (me too, btw), is anybody looking forward to something special for the 25th anniversary of the marathon? Personally I was on the fence about running it again this year but the hopes of some great sights for the anniversary pushed me into registering.
I would love if they brought the trumpeters back at the castle. Anything you used to love that you haven't seen in a while?

With so many people saying the marathon is their favorite (me too, btw), is anybody looking forward to something special for the 25th anniversary of the marathon? Personally I was on the fence about running it again this year but the hopes of some great sights for the anniversary pushed me into registering.
I would love if they brought the trumpeters back at the castle. Anything you used to love that you haven't seen in a while?

I'm only coming back because it is the 25th anniversary and I'm hoping for something special. Not sure what it might be... but I'm sure it will be something!

I'm not ready for Marathon Weekend to come yet... I'm battling an injury in my left knee and am worried I won't be prepared for the Goofy. If things keep progressing as they are I'm hoping to get in an 18 miler before January, when I think I'd be OK. I've got a lot of miles in the bank this year (3 complete marathon training cycles), but I've been very low mileage since early October.

Persistence paid off, and I finally for FOP FP+ for my wife and I. Our only day for AK was going to be the 5K day and nothing was available when the window opened. I just kept checking a few times a day for the past few weeks, and something finally opened up. So if you were unable to get one the first time, just keep trying.

With all the anniversaries this year I am really hoping for something neat, but I am not sure what that would be.
I would be thrilled if they did a throwback to one of the older course and started the course running through world showcase. think you'd need about a mile and a half for that. You could get about a mile be removing the out and back on Western Way (So the times through AK and Studios wouldn't be impacted much) and you could probably get the remaining distance needed by cutting time in studios.

With all the anniversaries this year I am really hoping for something neat, but I am not sure what that would be.
I would be thrilled if they did a throwback to one of the older course and started the course running through world showcase. think you'd need about a mile and a half for that. You could get about a mile be removing the out and back on Western Way (So the times through AK and Studios wouldn't be impacted much) and you could probably get the remaining distance needed by cutting time in studios.
I doubt we see a major course change but I’m hoping for some throwback entertainment. Adventurers club was out for wine and dine. Older rare characters and entertainment would be awesome. I loved when they had the ride vehicles out for the marathon this year.

I doubt we see a major course change but I’m hoping for some throwback entertainment. Adventurers club was out for wine and dine. Older rare characters and entertainment would be awesome. I loved when they had the ride vehicles out for the marathon this year.

They did a course change for the 20th. I think there will probably have to be some modification as I think there is less of studios for us to run through, but I am not positive. I hope they don't just replace the studios time with more of an out and back on western.

They did a course change for the 20th. I think there will probably have to be some modification as I think there is less of studios for us to run through, but I am not positive. I hope they don't just replace the studios time with more of an out and back on western.
The studios portion this year was pretty short and nothing has changed in the area we ran through so I think that will stay the same. There will be some modifications in various spots though. How we usually enter MK through backstage and then go onto main street the Main Street theater is being built right there so I’m not sure how they are going to get us in there.

Ha! It is never too early for me! There is a possibility I already have been for a few weeks (Accuweather has a LOOONG outlook, lol). But before everyone jumps in to remind me, I know it will change 1000 times before race weekend! :)

Yes, I was looking at Accuweather this morning and it was perfect weather, and like you said, it will change 1000 times, but I can't stop checking! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter