Marathon Weekend 2018

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by FFigawi, Jan 9, 2017.

1. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

How is it that we've gone this long without a thread for next years's marathon weekend? I mean, it's less than 360 days away! I would love for @lhermiston to continue with the Sundays are for Disney questions, but if he doesn't want to, I'm sure we can find others to chip in.

2. Z-Knight

Z-Knight DIS Veteran

I'm in - Dopey again.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I'm in! I loved the marathon and need to run a full dopey so 2018 will be that year (I hope there is no bad weather next year lol).

5. camaker

camaker Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Very very tempted to do another Dopey, but I'd also like to do a Kessel Run. Still on the fence, but leaning towards Dopey 2018 for the anniversaries and Kessel 2019.

6. regul8ter18

regul8ter18 Mouseketeer

I am in for the 5k, 10k and half. I am not supposed to do any fulls (Dr. strong suggestion). I might sign up for the Dopey and have it be a game day decision if I run the full.

7. whaler8

whaler8 Jr Space Ranger

I'm in for Dopey 2018, glad to part of this group and looking forward to a fun 2017 getting ready!

8. Anisum

Anisum DIS Veteran

If I can get registered I'm in for Dopey.

jhorstma, FFigawi and rteetz like this.
  9. Nole95

Nole95 DIS Veteran

DW and I will be doing Dopey in 2018.

jhorstma, mrsg00fy and FFigawi like this.
  10. John VN

John VN DIS Cast Member

In 2015 I did the Palindrome....the Dopey....5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, marathon, a 1/2 marathon Monday morning in FW starting at 3:30AM, then we got to the Dream for the cruise, Tuesday at 4AM out on deck for a 10K and Wednesday was the Inaugural Castaway Cay 5K. This year was going to be my last Mickey and without training for it by last night I was 100% sure it was; HOWEVER, I'm not doing too bad right now soooooo......McFlurry John will return in 2018. Just hoping for a bit warmer weather.

11. hotblooded

hotblooded Mouseketeer

I'm in for the Half! I've sworn off multiple events in the same weekend because the anxiety ruins my vacation. Already can't wait to go back!

jhorstma and mrsg00fy like this.
  12. DVCFan1994

DVCFan1994 DIS Veteran

I am in for something, but haven't decided what yet. It will either be the full and the 10k or Dopey. I am leaning towards going for Dopey, so inspired by many stories I read over the weekend. I always run 48 hours before a race, and 10k is my favorite distance, so that is why 10k + full is my back up.

Just out of curiosity, I see lots of reports of beer stops at the end for people in EPCOT. Can one get a Margarita? I am not a big beer drinker (though DH has been working on that lately), but a margarita would be lovely.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  13. iambasicallyanna

iambasicallyanna Earning My Ears

Looking forward to doing my first Marathon followed by the Castaway Challenge! We've been itching to get on another Disney Cruise since our honeymoon in 2015, so what better excuse than to celebrate a marathon finish and get some extra bling out of it!

14. Simba's Girl

Simba's Girl DIS Veteran

Hubby is doing this for his first marathon!

DD (10 now will be 11 then) and I will be doing the 10K. Unsure if this will be her first 10K but it might be.

The teens will most likely be lazy teens and not run anything!

Coincidentally he and I will have celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary about a week before the race weekend. We honeymooned at Wilderness Lodge in 1997!

mawatcha, jhorstma and Baloo in MI like this.
  15. Sailormoon2

Sailormoon2 DIS Veteran

I'm in for Dopey (my first). So excited!!

jhorstma, michigandergirl and FFigawi like this.
  16. JClimacus

JClimacus Mouseketeer

I'm thinking of doing either the full alone or the Goofy. One of my sons ran the full this year with some of his friends; my other son and my daughter ran the half last year when I ran Goofy. If one of them wants to do at least a half with me I'm in!

jhorstma, FFigawi and Z-Knight like this.
  17. croach

croach DIS Veteran

You should be able to get one in the Mexico pavilion although I'm not sure what time the places open. Plus I'm guessing they'll have the new place in Mexico open by then.

I'm considering the Goofy for next year but we'll see how things go.

18. Mimsy Borogove

Mimsy Borogove DIS Veteran

I'll be there! Just need to decide which race(s). I want to do the marathon for sure but also feel I need recompense for this year's half. Decisions, decisions!

19. lhermiston

lhermiston Sundays are for Disney

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm going to pass the baton. This weekend was amazing, but I'm not sure when I'll be making it down for another race.

I nominate @rteetz to carry the torch.

20. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Why thank you! I'd be happy to if everyone is okay with it.

21. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

Consider yourself the official question asker on Sundays. :)