Marathon Weekend 2018

This is our first time staying at SSR. Can one of you seasoned veterans provide guidance on the marathon transportation?

Specifically, we're staying quite a ways from the main pickup point. The registration CM said SSR has an internal bus service that will pickup at the other bus stops (one is very close to our building). Is the internal bus service reliable? Or should I just make that long walk to avoid problems?

Thanks!

Boarding now in the ATL. Security was a nightmare this morning, but we made it to the gate 15 minutes before boarding. We’ll be in Orlando before lunch.

It was apparently a disaster at DFW too, which is unusual.

Does anyone know what the perforated tabs are for on the Half Race Retreat wristband? One says "Half Gift" and the other two are mini 25th marathon icons? It was so cold and wet I did bib pickup and dashed before I remembered to investigate the "Half Gift." Maybe the gift is a Dooney? ;-)

This is our first time staying at SSR. Can one of you seasoned veterans provide guidance on the marathon transportation?

Specifically, we're staying quite a ways from the main pickup point. The registration CM said SSR has an internal bus service that will pickup at the other bus stops (one is very close to our building). Is the internal bus service reliable? Or should I just make that long walk to avoid problems?

Thanks!

I stayed at SSR for the 2016 Wine and Dine. The race buses line up at the central pickup next to the main pool beginning at 3, and each bus leaves when full. I stayed at Congress Park, so it was an easy walk. Even if you're in the Grandstand, which is the farthest, you can walk past the LBV pro shop and through the main building. So unless you're staying in a Tree House Villa, no walk should be longer than 10 minutes. It's a good way to start getting loose and clear the cobwebs. Otherwise, the internal buses come pretty often, and at 3-4 am the only riders will be runners.

I'm very excited about the marathon shirt! I love red, and like @Chaitali said this shirt will have a lot of sentimental value as it represents my first marathon. I'll be wearing it proudly to our Sanaa dinner on Sunday evening!

All of these arrival posts are killing me! I need Friday to get here now!

If anyone can post a picture of the pre-order jacket, I would appreciate it! :flower3: Thanks!

A few questions from a first timer at Run Disney. I'm doing the half on Saturday, but staying off site. Is it better to drive and park or take Uber? What time would I need to get there if I drive?

Any thoughts on clothes to keep warm prior to the race? What time do corrals open and how long will the wait be before the race starts?

Do all corrals start at the same time or is there a delay between corrals? Thanks!

Omg! The line for ME is several hundred people long! My photo won’t upload. It’s to the rental cars.

@GTLorenzo can't answer all the questions but there will be a long wait before the race starts. I think the corrals open about an hour before the race start. The corrals do not start all at once. Wheel chairs and then corral A will go first, and then down the line with a couple minutes between each corral. When it gets to the back corrals which are really large, there will be a wave release so a couple minutes between groups within the same corral.

For throw away clothes, I'm bringing throw away sweatpants, sweatshirt with a hood, gloves and a heat sheet. That's for before the full, which I think is supposed to be a little warmer than the half.

That’s what my parents are doing. They’re also flying delta. Wonder if you’re on the same flight. I’m glad to have gotten out of Boston when I did! Although I prefer snow to this torrential rain......
As @Jim Tancredi had said, the storm coming this way in the Northeast could change track and get worse. Well, that happened, and what was a predicted 3-5 inches of snow in Boston for Thursday suddenly changed to a predicted 8-12 inches. Delta issued a weather waiver so I was able to change our tix without penalty... we are now leaving Thursday morning just as the storm arrives so hopefully we can get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter