Marathon Weekend 2018

Sunday's question: I have never done a behind the scenes tour and really want to. Right now, I think all of my kids too young for them nor would they find it as interesting as I would.

Sunday's question: I have never done a behind the scenes tour and really want to. Right now, I think all of my kids too young for them nor would they find it as interesting as I would.

If you get a chance, check out the Yule Tour that they do at Christmas time. The amount of time, effort, energy and preparation that goes into the Christmas decorations at the parks and resorts was fascinating. I had no idea that Disney has a warehouse dedicated solely to Christmas decoration and a staff that only works on Christmas year round. It's also a 2 year process to change existing decorations due to the logistics involved! There's also a lot of Christmas history that I had never heard, too. As a bonus, they gave us a pin specially designed for the tour afterwards. Not sure if they are still running it over Marathon Weekend, but it might be worth looking into.

What is one thing you've never done at WDW?
I've never stayed at POP. Other than a couple restaurants, that's it!

Has anyone transferred a race registration? My son is signed up for the full but wants to switch to the half. The runDisney site says you can do it:
  • Registrations may be transferred within the same race weekend, to a different race distance, as long as the desired race distance is not sold out. The Guest must first register for the new event for the transfer to be valid; any difference in registration price the for a lesser distance (if any) will then be refunded, less a $45 transfer processing fee.
I'm worried that if I go ahead and register him for the half, the result will be that he's registered for both the half and full and that will be that.
Yep, I've done it multiple times. They used to have a link from the registration page to the transfer form, but I don't see it; you'll need to contact rD to get it. But that's the process: register for the new race, complete and submit the transfer form, rD refunds the original race's registration, minus the transfer fee. It's very easy, and usually pretty quick. I would start by contacting rD for the transfer form.

@DopeyBadger thanks for the chart, that is very helpful!

As for the Sunday question, I was stumped initially, but will agree with a few others that I would like to do a behind the scenes tour but have not yet. At this point I think I will wait until my kids are the required ages.

I've never done Ellen's Universe of Energy, Hall of Presidents, the Tiki Room or seen the Beauty & the Beast stage show at Studios. Honestly I don't have much desire to do any of them based on what I've heard about each......

I ride Imagination most trips, but I really miss the old one. In fact I pretty much miss all of he 80s/90s future world.

I would LOVE to be able to ride World of Motion again. I vaguely remember riding it in '83, but by the time we returned in the mid-90's, Test Track was under construction.

When it comes to my most-missed rides, though, Journey Into Imagination and 20K Leagues Under the Sea take top honors.

As for what I've never done... there are several things I've never tried that I'm not that interested in, or new attractions since we've been last. So, my final answer is the Backstage Magic tour. I've done a few other tours, but I'd love to try this one some day.

I've never done Ellen's Universe of Energy, Hall of Presidents, the Tiki Room or seen the Beauty & the Beast stage show at Studios. Honestly I don't have much desire to do any of them based on what I've heard about each......

UOA is only good if it's August and you are in desperate need of some AC...then it's just OK...my kids love it though and they aren't little anymore and would pull a Space Mountain trick on us like @FelisLachesis did HOWEVER DD 17 and DH are less likely to ride something than the rest of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter