Mar 6-11 2022 BLT BCV Split Stay - Random Thoughts

kilik64

Carefree, wherever we may be!
Background on trip: First stay on our resale SSR contract we bought last year. 3 nights BLT, 3 nights BCV. Me, wife, 3 girls (7, 2, 1 ages). We did two days MK, HS, and Epcot.

BLT Thoughts:

BLT lobby DOES SMELL AMAZING. I thought people who posted that on her were exaggerating but nope, smells wonderful.

BLT studio was indeed small, but even with the 5 of us, wasnt too bad. That galley style "kitchen" wasnt bad either, I think I liked it being more of its own area vs the area in BVC

Walk to MK from BLT was amazing, went back both MK days mid afternoon for littles to rest and for me to take oldest to the pool.

BLT slide is super fun. Pool area was fine. They were working on the splash area which was a bummer, would have made the effort to take the littles if it was working. That small slide is a joke.

We never really saw anyone at BLT much other than that inevitable stop on the 5th floor. We were on the 9th. Hit 5th either going to coming well over half our elevator trips. I wasnt a fan of this about this hotel, it didnt feel all that alive. Not having a large lobby hurt with that too I guess, very different feel vs BCV.

Walk to Contemporary was nice, not too far to get to contempo cafe from the room.

BCV Thoughts:

Loved it. Best hotel we've stayed at so far on property. Loved everything about it.

Stormalong Bay was awesome. We played in the little kid pool with all the sand a lot, rode the water slides, both the big one and the one for littles, 2 year old LOVED that slide. I was NOT a fan of the big slide, either im getting to old or that thing is too rough on the edges where the slide pieces meet. Enjoyed the BLT slide much better than it.

Cape May - BEST meal we had all week. Amazing buffet, everything I had there was good. Well worth the cost and so convenient if staying there. Wish we would have had the time to try beaches and cream, maybe next time we stay there.

Walk to Epcot was so awesome, so quick to get to Remy for rope drop (even if its down and you dont know it until you get to it...). Boat ride to HS was nice and easy.

Parks:

Two days at MK, first day, Monday, SUPER crowded, was sold out for park res. Did rope drop and got quite a bit done. Terrible rain storm that night that we got caught in and completely soaked. Made best of it, went back to room, showered everyone off then hopped on monorail to Poly for some dole whips. Second day at MK we stayed until park close. That mid afternoon nap for littles really helped us be able to do that. After the fireworks we ran through quite a few rides we hadnt done yet or wanted to do again (nothing big, again littles, but tea cups, winnie, ariel, dumbo, barnstormer, ended night with philhar magic, love that show). Used G+ both days to help with waits and feel like I got my monies worth both times.

HS - also busy on Thursday when we went. Im a g+ savant apparently and got SDD for 910 window. Rope dropped MMRR (very fun ride) then headed to Toy story land, did TSM, got some snacks at woodys waiting for SDD time, rode that, got an aliens LL, then managed to snag a TSM one even when it said the time was later for like 10 mins from when I got it, so rode that again real quick. Saw olaf, did some shows, then wound up leaving early as everyone was tired and there wasnt much else to do. Sucks that half the park closes so early (meaning shows like Indiana jones, think the last one was 430?). We were supposed to eat at 50s prime time, but cancelled that, and went to Cape May instead. Found a res for late at 830, once back to BCV got on the wait list and waited all of 5 minutes for a text saying we had a table ready, so that turned out really well. As already mentioned it was a GREAT meal.

Epcot - Fairly packed but not too terrible in the morning. Stupid Remy was down to start with, so just hung out in France a bit, did the Beauty sing along, got out of that and overheard a girl say remy was up, so took off for that, managed to get in line fast enough that we waited 25ish to ride it. It was already 85 mins when we got off. This was after normal park opening so no surprise there. I had goofed this morning on G+ and forgot to buy it before 7am, so there I was, getting my super early time again like I had for the first g+ all week, and I had to race to buy it, still got a decent time, it was like 11-12 time window. Worked out in the end though, we most likely would have went to do the frozen LL had we had the early one and missed riding remy all together.

G+ - I got early times for all the rides we wanted that we knew would have long waits or the LL would go fast and be gone until the night time. Only "trick" I used was time.gov and making sure the ride i was gunning for was the only one selected to put it at the top for the tip board. Watch time.gov hit 7am on the dot, swipe down to refresh, then tap as fast as you can through the screens. I dont know if it made it a lot better or not, but this put us with the ability to avoid the 2 hour windows after park open as we got our first ride done and were on our 2nd g+ before the 2 hour window hit for anyone whos top ride they didnt get an early time on.

Cast members - all were awesome, from the one at Pinocchio village haus who saw my kid get sad that only daddy got a cake pop with his 19.71 meal and gave us two extras, to the waitress we had a cape may that broke the rules for us regarding taking some food from the buffet since our littlest sleep through the whole thing. Great experience with any CM we interacted with.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip! And appreciate all the advice. The cape may dinner looks so good but my family was always turned off by the "fishy" smell in the area, and never wanted to try it. I wonder if it is still like that! Yach Club is our favority resort. But yes the ridges in that slide are brutal, and it also dumps water right on your head. I am definitely too old for it and learned my lesson the hard way!

Sounds like a great trip! And appreciate all the advice. The cape may dinner looks so good but my family was always turned off by the "fishy" smell in the area, and never wanted to try it. I wonder if it is still like that! Yach Club is our favority resort. But yes the ridges in that slide are brutal, and it also dumps water right on your head. I am definitely too old for it and learned my lesson the hard way!
There wasnt a fishy smell to cape may that I noticed. I assume it used to be because they had crab legs on the buffet, they are now an add on to get 1lb (i think thats 29.99, we didnt do it, wasnt needed with all the good food they had on buffet).

Oh, they had these little oreo dome things there that were blue, oreo bottom, a cookies and cream type mousse thing on the top of the cookie, then covered in a light blue icing type thing, they were SOOOOO good.

Background on trip: First stay on our resale SSR contract we bought last year. 3 nights BLT, 3 nights BVC. Me, wife, 3 girls (7, 2, 1 ages). We did two days MK, HS, and Epcot.

BLT Thoughts:

BLT lobby DOES SMELL AMAZING. I thought people who posted that on her were exaggerating but nope, smells wonderful.

BLT studio was indeed small, but even with the 5 of us, wasnt too bad. That galley style "kitchen" wasnt bad either, I think I liked it being more of its own area vs the area in BVC

Walk to MK from BLT was amazing, went back both MK days mid afternoon for littles to rest and for me to take oldest to the pool.

BLT slide is super fun. Pool area was fine. They were working on the splash area which was a bummer, would have made the effort to take the littles if it was working. That small slide is a joke.

We never really saw anyone at BLT much other than that inevitable stop on the 5th floor. We were on the 9th. Hit 5th either going to coming well over half our elevator trips. I wasnt a fan of this about this hotel, it didnt feel all that alive. Not having a large lobby hurt with that too I guess, very different feel vs BCV.

Walk to Contemporary was nice, not too far to get to contempo cafe from the room.

BCV Thoughts:

Loved it. Best hotel we've stayed at so far on property. Loved everything about it.

Stormalong Bay was awesome. We played in the little kid pool with all the sand a lot, rode the water slides, both the big one and the one for littles, 2 year old LOVED that slide. I was NOT a fan of the big slide, either im getting to old or that thing is too rough on the edges where the slide pieces meet. Enjoyed the BLT slide much better than it.

Cape May - BEST meal we had all week. Amazing buffet, everything I had there was good. Well worth the cost and so convenient if staying there. Wish we would have had the time to try beaches and cream, maybe next time we stay there.

Walk to Epcot was so awesome, so quick to get to Remy for rope drop (even if its down and you dont know it until you get to it...). Boat ride to HS was nice and easy.

Parks:

Two days at MK, first day, Monday, SUPER crowded, was sold out for park res. Did rope drop and got quite a bit done. Terrible rain storm that night that we got caught in and completely soaked. Made best of it, went back to room, showered everyone off then hopped on monorail to Poly for some dole whips. Second day at MK we stayed until park close. That mid afternoon nap for littles really helped us be able to do that. After the fireworks we ran through quite a few rides we hadnt done yet or wanted to do again (nothing big, again littles, but tea cups, winnie, ariel, dumbo, barnstormer, ended night with philhar magic, love that show). Used G+ both days to help with waits and feel like I got my monies worth both times.

HS - also busy on Thursday when we went. Im a g+ savant apparently and got SDD for 910 window. Rope dropped MMRR (very fun ride) then headed to Toy story land, did TSM, got some snacks at woodys waiting for SDD time, rode that, got an aliens LL, then managed to snag a TSM one even when it said the time was later for like 10 mins from when I got it, so rode that again real quick. Saw olaf, did some shows, then wound up leaving early as everyone was tired and there wasnt much else to do. Sucks that half the park closes so early (meaning shows like Indiana jones, think the last one was 430?). We were supposed to eat at 50s prime time, but cancelled that, and went to Cape May instead. Found a res for late at 830, once back to BCV got on the wait list and waited all of 5 minutes for a text saying we had a table ready, so that turned out really well. As already mentioned it was a GREAT meal.

Epcot - Fairly packed but not too terrible in the morning. Stupid Remy was down to start with, so just hung out in France a bit, did the Beauty sing along, got out of that and overheard a girl say remy was up, so took off for that, managed to get in line fast enough that we waited 25ish to ride it. It was already 85 mins when we got off. This was after normal park opening so no surprise there. I had goofed this morning on G+ and forgot to buy it before 7am, so there I was, getting my super early time again like I had for the first g+ all week, and I had to race to buy it, still got a decent time, it was like 11-12 time window. Worked out in the end though, we most likely would have went to do the frozen LL had we had the early one and missed riding remy all together.

G+ - I got early times for all the rides we wanted that we knew would have long waits or the LL would go fast and be gone until the night time. Only "trick" I used was time.gov and making sure the ride i was gunning for was the only one selected to put it at the top for the tip board. Watch time.gov hit 7am on the dot, swipe down to refresh, then tap as fast as you can through the screens. I dont know if it made it a lot better or not, but this put us with the ability to avoid the 2 hour windows after park open as we got our first ride done and were on our 2nd g+ before the 2 hour window hit for anyone whos top ride they didnt get an early time on.

Cast members - all were awesome, from the one at Pinocchio village haus who saw my kid get sad that only daddy got a cake pop with his 19.71 meal and gave us two extras, to the waitress we had a cape may that broke the rules for us regarding taking some food from the buffet since our littlest sleep through the whole thing. Great experience with any CM we interacted with.
Glad to hear you had a great trip!
We are staying in a BLT studio in our upcoming trip in Sept. for the first time. Seeing your response about the pool. walk, Contempo, and room made us keep our room at BLT instead of switching.

Glad to hear you had a great trip!
We are staying in a BLT studio in our upcoming trip in Sept. for the first time. Seeing your response about the pool. walk, Contempo, and room made us keep our room at BLT instead of switching.
Its just you, spouse, and a kid right? You'll have a good time. Hopefully the splash area will be back up by the time you go!

Its just you, spouse, and a kid right? You'll have a good time. Hopefully the splash area will be back up by the time you go!
Correct! The little one will like the splash pad for sure if it is open. Thanks for the trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!