Mandymouse's Magic & May Madness (Completed 16/6)

Just read the whole trippie in one go :woohoo: :laughing:

Another great report Mandy! :thumbsup2

Great day Mandy we were there at the start of the flower and garden festival, feels like such a long time ago

just caught back up with your wonderful trip report Mandy. All your photos look amazing. loving all your food and drinks. thanks for sharing such a great time with us.

and thank you so much for the Hard Rock Cafe glass. it looks so good with its brothers and sisters in our kitchen lol

susan

Monday 16th May '11

We were up at stupid o'clock this morning. 5.45am to be precise, as we were going to see the final launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavour

The news stations were reporting 4 hour delays on the roads, but we thought we'd just risk it

We left around 6.20am, got some petrol (gas) and drove over to the Jetty Park at Port Canaveral, getting there just before 8am. We didn't encounter any delays, though the roads were a lot busier, I guess it only took 20 minutes longer than our usual drive to the port

Anyway, the hour till the launch went quite quickly, with the only annoyance being the swarms of lovebugs that were around (eww), then we had the pleasure of watching our second Space Shuttle launch

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

Shortly after lift-off we jumped back in the car and were one of the first group of people out of the Jetty Park. The main road out of Port Canaveral was heaving as many people had just parked up to see the launch, but the police had it all sorted and we were on our way after a short time

Once back at WDW we went to Disney Hollywood Studios. We got a FP for Tower of Terror and wandered around the park, where we were lucky to see that there was a sign outside Star Tours for 'Flight Testing' (woohoo!!). The line said a 40 minute wait, but we didn't mind, and as it turned out, we only waited about 15 minutes. I won't give anything away, but we really enjoyed it, it was lots of fun

DSCN3439.jpg

DSCN3440.jpg

When we came out we picked up a FP for another go, then had lunch of cheeseburgers and diet coke. We then rode Tower of Terror with our earlier FP's, then went to meet Mike & Sully, and once again rode Star Tours, which I was thrilled with as we had a different version, and I didn't know that there was more than one

DSC_0869.jpg

DSCN3442.jpg

We left DHS and popped to Wal-Mart for some bits and bobs before heading back to the Pop so that Paul could chill by the pool and I could start packing

After an hour or so, we caught the bus to Animal Kingdom as we had an ADR at Tusker House for dinner. We took some pics and rode Expedition Everest twice. We did some shopping then grabbed a couple of cocktails at the Dawa Bar

DSCN3444.jpg

DSCN3445.jpg

DSCN3448.jpg

DSCN3449.jpg

DSCN3450.jpg

Dinner was as nice as ever. It's a buffet, so I just helped myself to the curry, samosas, rotisserie chicken and mash, amongst other things

After dinner we took the shopping back to the Pop, then caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom, and we just had time for a quick drinky at the Outer Rim at the Contemporary, then we caught the Monorail back to the MK. We rode the TTA and Buzz (where Paul beat me !), then we found somewhere to watch Wishes, but first we had to watch 'The Magic, Memories and You' thingy where photos are projected onto the castle. I really wasn't keen on this, like Wishes it's a bit too sickly sweet for my liking. Next we watched Wishes, so that Paul could take some pics. We left after the fireworks as we were both so tired, it had been a great, but exhausting day

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0925.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0935.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

great day, great Pictures of the shuttle launch, we saw Endeavour a few years ago and your pics brought back great memories :thumbsup2

Mandy what a fab day..great shots of the space shuttle, I had goose pimples at the last launch we went to.

Nice day, we've never been over there for a launch but we did hear the sonic boom when one was coming in to land.

How lucky to see a shuttle launch:thumbsup2 love the firework photos mine are always rubbish

A great day - a very early start but well worth it imo :)

Lovely photo's.

That sounds like an absolutely amazing day. You were so lucky that you were able to witness the last ever Space Shuttle launch. It was also a bit of luck that you managed to catch Star Tours in soft opening. I am looking forward to trying this at Disneyland in autumn.

Corinna

Phew...I've caught up on the last two days! Very busy ones I must say!

I adore the F&G festival, we've been lucky enough to see it twice now and each time I've loved what they've done. I'd have been made up with the Cars ones this year, they're fantastic! I'm pleased to see they've taken the place of our Mickey & Minnie from our engagement spot from last year :lovestruc

Loving the shuttle launch pictures too, it's great to see one of those, pleased you managed to get the very last one in! I'll never forget when we watched back in 1998, it was truly amazing!

Sounds like we're nearing the end though - packing :(

Mandy, I need you to settle a slight dispute in my house...
That Cars display - the entire thing is made out of flowers/ grassy substances isnt it? Like tyres and all?

A fab report! Making me very jealous! Xx

Sounds like a great day :goodvibes

We were also lucky enough to do a couple of test flights on Star Tours :thumbsup2

Mandy, I need you to settle a slight dispute in my house...
That Cars display - the entire thing is made out of flowers/ grassy substances isnt it? Like tyres and all?

A fab report! Making me very jealous! Xx

Hubby took a few pics of the back of the cars, I thought the tyres were real, but looking closer they're obviously aren't :)

DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter