Mandymouse's Magic & May Madness (Completed 16/6)

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
Castmembers

DSCN2067.jpg

Paul & Mandy

Thursday 5th May '11

What a day ! All started well, Paul did on-line check-in, and I got my nails done, finished packing and generally pampered myself. Our plan was to leave around 8.15pm after youngest DD got back from work, but unfortunately hubby had had a mare of a day with work and his father (who had recently gone into a convalescence home) and the poor thing didn't get home till 9.30pm. After having some food and sorting himself out we were on our way around 10.30pm, and thankfully after a stress-free drive up the M6 we arrived at the Travelodge, Manchester Airport around mid-night

travelodgemanair.jpg

We fell into bed within moments of arriving and were fast off to sleep in no time

Friday 6th May '11

We were up, showered and out of the hotel around 7.15am. We parked our car in the multi-storey next to Terminal 2 and rolled our cases over to the Virgin check-in desk, and we were pleased that our flight, VS075 was departing on time at 11am

About 10 days before our holiday we found some cheap upgrades to Premium Economy, and as they were too good to pass on, and felt it would probably be the one and only time we would get the opportunity to do this, we decided to upgrade. There was no line at the bag drop off desk and within no time we were heading up through security and through the new body scanners :eek:

Once we were airside, we went straight to Frankie & Benny's for breakfast. I had an omelette and Paul had the huge New York breakfast and we both had tea

We had a very relaxing breakfast and never once felt rushed. We left after a good hour in there and had a wander around duty free

We wandered towards our gate around 9.30am and about 10am they announced boarding for Premium Economy. Our plane was Madamoiselle Rouge, one of the new planes and oh my, we were very impressed with PE

DSCN2974.jpg

DSCN2975.jpg

DSCN2979.jpg

DSCN2981.jpg

DSCN2982.jpg

Within moments we were offered either Champagne, Buck Fizz or orange juice, so we both had a Bucks Fizz (Mmm, I could used to this)

Our flight took off 10 minutes early, and within no time the drinks trolley came round. Paul had a lager and I had a huge Bacardi & diet coke. We enjoyed our drinkies and pretzels and then the entertainment system started. Wow! this was impressive, loads of movies that you could watch, save for later and pause at any time. I watched a Matt Damon movie 'HereAfter' which I enjoyed

DSCN2980.jpg

The Entertainment System

DSCN2995.jpg

DSCN2985.jpg

Ooh, what's in the arm rest?

DSCN2984.jpg

Not just a little table ..

DSCN2983.jpg

.. but a big one too

DSCN2987.jpg

A rest for my tootsies

DSCN2992.jpg

A little pamper kit

We were given our menus to choose lunch, and we both had hotpot with Mediterranean veggies and I had white wine and Paul had a lager, it was all very nice

DSCN2994.jpg

DSCN2988.jpg

DSCN2989.jpg

Our flight was just over 9 hours, and it went really well. The seats were so comfy, we had loads of room and there was never a line for the loo :rotfl:

DSCN2990.jpg

All this comfort can be exhausting

For the rest of the flight I watched Tangled, which was quite good, an episode of the Big Bang Theory and the Suite Life on Deck :rotfl2: and towards the end of the flight I listened to some oldies albums on the music entertainment thingy

.. Cont'd

We landed at 3.10pm and were one of the first off the flight and we were quickly through immigration. Once we retrieved our luggage from the carousel we carried them onto the monorail and through to the main terminal

We found the Dollar car rental desk and once again there wasn't a line so we had chosen our car and were driving out of the airport by 4pm - result !!!

Half an hour later we arrived at the Pop Century. We were only staying one night (as we were picking up the cruise the next day) and we weren't bothering with any parks tonight, so once we were assigned a room by the Computer Pool (as requested) we got changed into our swim things and enjoyed an hour by the pool

After a quick shower we caught the bus to DownTown Disney. We had a wander around some of the shops and took some pics of the new Lego displays

DSCN2998.jpg

DSCN2999.jpg

DSCN3000.jpg

DSCN3001.jpg

We then called in at T Rex for the first of two Cosmo Paleo Cotton-tinis. We sat at the bar and enjoyed our drinks and we shared Buffalo wings and onion rings

DSCN3002.jpg

DSCN3003.jpg

After our pit stop, we continued onto the West Side before getting the bus back to the Pop

We stopped by Petal's Pool Bar for a rather strong Captain Mai Tai and Paul had a cheeseburger, then it was off to bed

Tomorrow ~ the Disney Magic :yay:

yay you've started :thumbsup2
I love PE its so more comfortable than cattle class. Its only another couple of years till Kieran has to fend for himself then it will be PE for us all the way ::blush: :rotfl2:

I noticed that you were not on the DIS for a while and I was worried... then it clicked that you had gone away :rolleyes: Glad to see a great start to your holiday... and PE... very jealous :goodvibes

Woo hoo you've started already, that must be some kind of record! :worship:

Great start. :) The only problem with upgrading to PE is you'll want to go that way everytime. ;)

Mmm yummy Cotton-tini! :yay:

Ooh great another mandymouse report. I thought I hadn't seen your around. Great start and lovely photos. Your drinks look delish :goodvibes

I wondered where you'd got to as well Mandy - glad to see you'd only popped off to WDW :goodvibes

Lovely relaxing start to the trip too, it seemed everything went well along the way. The new PE looks amazing, I've just told my Mum I'm going in there when we next go! :lmao:

Great start Mandy!...Cant wait to read the rest....:thumbsup2

TTFNpaw:

Lovely start Mandy...can't wait to read more...

Yeah that was a quick start. PE looks amazing I want a turn lol. A lovely start Mand, I love to sit at the bar at TRex, the cocktails look scrummy.

Saturday 7th May '11

I didn't sleep well, and I started to stir around 4am. We had made the decision the night before, that if we woke up early, we would just get up and head over to Port Canaveral

We had a jaunt around the Pop Century taking photos, then we left around 8am (see you next week Pop !!)

DSCN3005.jpg

DSCN3006.jpg

DSCN3009.jpg

DSCN3011.jpg

It was an uneventful drive over to Cocoa Beach. On the way we passed the Disney Magic :yay: then we continued on to Ron Jon's surf shop where I bought a couple of tops

When we left the shop I quickly changed into one of my new tops and we drove back to Port Canaveral. We parked in the usual outside car park, but we wanted to enter the terminal by the new walkway over the road, so we took the lift up to level 3 and walked straight over to a very quiet security and straight into the terminal

DSCN3013.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

This was our first cruise as Platinum Castaway Club members, but we still checked in at the non-US desk as there was no line. We were given boarding card #1 (yay !!) and our Keys to the World.

DSCN3016.jpg

We wandered around the terminal and onto the deck outside to take some photos, then we sat in the Concierge/Platinum check-in area (concierge have their own seating area once they've checked in)

DSCN3017.jpg

DSCN3020.jpg

DSCN3023.jpg

DSCN3026.jpg

DSCN3027.jpg

Like my ears ??

DSCN3029.jpg

DSCN3030.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

DSCN3118.jpg

Around 11.45am the Family of the Day were announced to board, followed by concierge, then #1 was called. We had our embarkation photo taken, then we were announced onto the ship 'Welcome aboard the Disney Magic the Martindale Family'

.. cont'd

Once onboard we headed straight down to Rockin' Bar D to get waitlisted for Palo High Tea (we already had reservations for Brunch and Dinner), we then took the lift up to deck 9 to get some food. Paul went to Topsiders and I had tuna wraps and fruit from Goofy's Galley (all of which were delish)

DSCN3031.jpg

DSCN3034.jpg

DSCN3036.jpg

After lunch we found a couple of loungers at the adult pool and we spent a lovely hour or so relaxing and enjoying a couple of Bahama Mamas

I left Paul sunbathing around 2ish and went in search for our room. We had an inside stateroom on deck 5 (starboard/aft), # 5635, and as I entered I found our returning Castaway Club gift

DSCN3037.jpg

DSCN3039.jpg

DSCN3040.jpg

I chilled for a while and started my trip report and a short while later Paul turned up, and so did our luggage so we quickly unpacked, then went for a wander (and probably another Bahama Mama too :rotfl:)

At 4pm we attended the Mandatory Boat Drill. Our station (Q) was in Animators Palate, which was nice as we didn't have to stand out on a hot deck, and it was good not to have to take the life vests with us this time

After the drill we picked up our cameras then headed up to deck 10 for the 'Adventures Away' party. Although it was lots of fun with party dances etc, but nowadays the characters only come out for one song and the countdown isn't when we actually sailaway, I miss the old sailaway party

The Magic didn't leave Port Canaveral till around 5.20pm, and we noticed luggage still being put onboard up until the last moment

DSCN3041.jpg

DSCN3045.jpg

DSCN3047.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSCN3052.jpg

mandysmaymagic.jpg

DSCN3055.jpg

DSCN3057.jpg

As the Magic sailed down the estuary, we went down to deck 4 to take more video, then we called in at Guest Services to put some cash onto our account. Next we called in at the Promenade Lounge for a Pomegranate Cosmpolitan for me and a Stella for Paul, then we went back to our room to get ready for dinner

DSCN3062.jpg

DSCN3061.jpg

Our dining rotation was LAPLLAP (Lumiere's, Animators Palate (formal night), Parrot Cay, Lumiere's (Pirate Night), Lumiere's, Animators Palate (semi formal night) & Parrot Cay. We grabbed a Bahama Mama each from the Promenade Lounge and took it in to dinner and we met our tablemates, who were all very nice and friendly

I can't remember exactly what we had to eat but we both started with a chicken dish, then I had another chicken dish for my main and Paul had a Yachtsman steak, then to finish I had Apple tart and Paul had the Sweet Temptations (a trio of mini deserts), it was all very nice ::yes::

We had a lovely evening and once back to our room we headed straight to bed

DSCN3060.jpg

Loving your report -as usual :goodvibes

Looking forward to the next insallment. popcorn::

Katie x

Loving your report hon, what a lovely pic of you with the streamer, it's brilliant. Fancy you bought some new tops in Ron Jons lol x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter