Making Reservations With Different UY

zimboys

My Three Disney Boys
I am looking at buying multiple contracts over the next few years. 50 points if possible per contract. I think I understand the 11 months and 7 months reservation and home resort concept. My question is, if I have different UY dates and even different home resort contracts can I make a reservation given the points are not available at the same time?

For example: Can I make the reservation without the full amount of points needed at the 11 month or 7 month reservation window as long as the remaining points would be valid at the time of use?

Febuary 2010 Reservation @ OKW Made in April 2009
100 Points Needed
50 Points OKW April UY 2009
50 Points BWV Sept UY 2009

Thanks

Use year only impacts when your points are available for use and banking. Points for different home resorts cannot be combined until the7 month mark. But if you bought half the number of points you needed at 2 home resorts, you could use banking and borrowing to book resort 1 at 11 months with this years points and borrowing next years. Then for Resort 2 you would bank them into next year, and could stay at that resort 11 months from that check in day.

A qualified yes. If they are truly separate master contracts you'd make separate reservations and link them. DVC will typically transfer (even banked and borrowed points) if you need to to complete that last night. You will likely not be able to do this as one reservation phone call per the new reservations changes where you can schedule on one call up to a full week out. The points you use must be applicable to the time in question. For example, June might be in the 2009 UY for April but might be in the 2008 UY for Dec.

I have only one thing to say about multiple UYs.

Don't Do It!

They really aren't worth the headache and have little if any benefit.

I have only one thing to say about multiple UYs.

Don't Do It!

They really aren't worth the headache and have little if any benefit.
For small contracts, I'd agree. For larger contracts and given the banking changes, there are members who get a decent benefit from having staggered contracts.

Thanks - So if we want to go from November - Feb. What UY should I be searching for?

I am confused now. Why October if you don't mind. Thanks

read this link to better understand UY.

Use year only matters if you have to cancel a vacation that was scheduled to occur late in your use year - the last three months. That's because banking is not allowed during the last four months of your use year and you don't have much time to reschedule before the points expire. Many owners never have to cancel a vacation (lucky them, LOL) so they don't worry about use year...

Remember, use year has nothing to do with when you may call to make a reservation. All of your points are actually "in your account". You don't have to wait until your use year begins to have access to your points - you just have to match your vacation dates to the use year it falls within, and then make sure you have enough points in that use year to make the desired reservation.

I am confused now. Why October if you don't mind. Thanks

I don't know, I just like October. :lmao:

My rule of thumb is choose one month prior to your favorite vacation times. If you need to cancel your vacation you have 8 months from your UY to bank your points, or you loose them.

Febuary 2010 Reservation @ OKW Made in April 2009
100 Points Needed
50 Points OKW April UY 2009
50 Points BWV Sept UY 2009

BTW, i can't tell if you understand this or not, but in april 2009, you could only book OKW for feb 2010 with the OKW contract, so you would have to use banked or borrowed OKW pts to complete the reservation.

your BWV contract would do no good until july 2009 for booking OKW for feb 2010.

That really helps. The only question remaining is untill I actually get a contract I can not make a reservation. MS will know how may points I would have available when I want to make a reservation (once in the system)? For example: if I was to get a 150 point contract at OKW w/ a October UY 2009and I was in the system I could make a reservation for OKW now for any date after Oct 1st 2009 to 11 months out? But I would have to use or bank those 4 months prior to October 2010. Thanks a million.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter