Making offsite (just as) magical

Mommydar

Perpetual Planner of trips to The World
We're staying offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek this spring, and I have a few plans to make our trip just as magical as on-site. I ran the numbers, and even two values at a discount doesn't come close to the deal we are getting with or without the dining plan. However, I am trying to pump myself up that I will not being in the magic 24/7. Here are a few of my strategies, and I hope that you can share some of yours.

1) Since we can't buy the dining plan, I am going to take advantage of the theme restaurants not on the plan - T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe, and Garden Grove with Timon and Rafiki at the Swan.

2) Requesting EPCOT fireworks view to see Illuminations at night.

3) Will strategize to go to parks on their recommended touring (i.e. not EMH) days.

What do you do to make your experience just as magical?

We just stayed off-site too after always staying on...we did enjoy it (and saved $$) but I still wanted the magic too...

The house we rented had done a lot of Disney touches (bedding, kitchen dishes, etc.) so that helped. I made a bunch of things with awesome disigns from the boards :) to set out for the kids each day...we had something specific for each day/park. Made up restaurant "invites" for each meal too. We booked the Wishes Dessert party and Cinderella's Royal Table for a bit of extra magic in the parks. We were there in November so we put up a little tree with Mickey head ornaments...

Have fun!!

We don't do anything differently. Our last two stays have been in a 2BR at Bonnet Creek, and a 2BR at Old Key West. The two trips were very similar. We drive ourselves most everywhere, even onsite. We avoid EMH, even onsite. We don't get the dining plan; it doesn't fit our touring style. Both trips were wonderful.

We stayed off site at WH in November. We were at the parks pretty much all day so when we got back at the end of the night we weren't missing any disney magic. There were nice disney touches but after staying a night at Pop there is no way I would give up the space and price for the few disney touches I saw at the values. We used the money we saved to do a couple of character meals, made matching disney shirts from the disign thread, and did a countdown board. My kids are only 5 (just turned) and this was there first trip. They didn't care. They were excited because I was excited. Good luck!

Hi! We are also staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek this Spring instead of on-site for the first time.

I am planning on making some surprises for the kids by utilizing those great people on the disign board. I'm going to make some refrigerator magnets for all of them and surprise them on the first morning. Maybe some personalized t-shirts if I can figure those out. I'm also sending them a "letter from Mickey" about a month or so before our trip to get them all excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts