Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lovestruc:lovestruc:cheer2:

More Pixie Dust

Oooh! Gonna come and check it out.

:cheer2::cheer2: Wow three weeks is getting close ... Thankyou thankyou for those that have sent Pixie dust our way i am so happy and blessed to have such caring people on here. Ive been humbled by your kindness Carrie and Lynn :lovestruc:lovestruc

:) Aren't these folks the greatest?!?

We got an email from Owen's wish granters .. no new news on dates. She just dropped a line to say hello and that she is waiting too. I am loving the new communication from our new wish granter, she is really great!! We're still hoping for the first week of December and Owen talks about his "Make A Wish" all the time. Every Disney movie that comes on with Cinderella's castle is "MY Make a Wish!" The anticipation is building and it's so nice to know that there isn't a open heart surgery looming in the fall.. we are just kickin' back and enjoying life!

I have my eye on the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge for extending our trip. There is no way either of them will top our week at GKTW though.

For all of you getting ready to go in the next couple weeks... we are sure excited for you!! :dance3:

And, we are excited for you! Glad you have some great communication with the new wish granter. Always nice to drop a line and give updates.

That is what I got too. I am thinking that they changed things a bit.

Okay--I'm relieved then! I was just hoping something didn't get misplaced--especially with our mail over the border!

Question...for those who have gone before. What is the best way to put on a stroller tag? We are gettong ours laminated so it lasts but wondering how to hang the stinker! Thanks!!

Good question!

Hey guys~

We are going on our MAW trip the end of Oct. I was a child the last time I was at Disney. I am looking for suggestions on things to make sure we see/do while we are there. I have no idea where to even begin planning. We will be staying at GKTW. Thanks for any input. We will have our 13dd, 11dd, and 9ds on the trip.

Thanks,

Where to begin?!?! Oooh Shelly, be sure to take some time to enjoy GKTW--from what I understand, there is every conceiveable activity and theme night that takes place there--princess parties, dinosaur minigolf, horseback riding, fishing pond, waterpark, minitrains, carousel, arcades, Village Idol, Christmas party, etc. So, be sure not to plan every evening in the parks. You'll want your kids to experience some of what GKTW has to offer, too!

And, if your girls are like mine and love princesses, you might consider booking them an appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for 'princess makeovers.' If your son likes pirates, you can get him a pirate makeover at the Pirate's Leagues near the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

You may also want to take in a character dining meal (where you can meet some of the characters like Mickey and the gang, Winnie the Pooh or the Princesses) to get some more 'facetime' with the characters.

Some more fun options--order the The Kitchen Sink sundae at Beaches and Cream restaurant. It's huge and would be ideal for the whole family to share. Visit Cosmic Ray's for a sci-fi themed meal.

There's so much more--I don't even know where to begin--parades, firework shows, impromptu shows taking place all around the parks everyday (check the Times guide for daily info), free extra attractions (like the Campfire Singalong and hula dancing shows at the Polynesian) and other extra attractions you can sign up the kids for (like one of the Pirates Cruises). Rides, attractions, musicals--it's all too much!

I'm not certain I helped any! Just probably overwhelmed you with more ideas!

WOW! We are leaving the same day! We were supposed to leave this monday, the 22nd. However, I live in Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, Hurricane Irene got the best of us and decided to pass right smack in the middle of P.R. the day were were supposed to leave! Now that we've dealt with that stress, we also have to keep on praying that Irene doesn't impact negatively our vacation WHILE we're there. Just pray!

Glad to hear things are back on track! Get ready!!! So excited for you.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylee is home! Kris thanks everyone for their continued prayers, they are looking forward to being home with the family!!

Thank goodness! Glad to hear that Kylee is home and recovering.

Finally! The much-anticipated day has arrived! Check out our PTR to find out how the girls celebrated Brooke's amazingly magical Wish Day!:cloud9::lovestruc:cloud9:

Little over two weeks and counting....eeek! So close now!!:scared1:

Finally! The much-anticipated day has arrived! Check out our PTR to find out how the girls celebrated Brooke's amazingly magical Wish Day!:cloud9::lovestruc:cloud9:

I have already told you, but what a truly AMAZING wish day! SO happy for you!!!!

I've really come to notice how different the MAW chapter in Puerto Rico is.
If you trip is a Disney trip or anything that involves travel, they don't throw you a send-off party. ( Not that I'm in demanding it- just pointing out a difference.) I'm quite fine with just going to Disney, no other party. LOL

BUT they did give me a MAW barbie which I thought was wonderful! I love my barbie!

Second, when my mom received our official MAW shirts and other info, we did NOT receive Make-A-Wish buttons, which I considered quite odd as I know for a fact that a year ago, they did have MAW buttons. My mom asked about it and she told me they didn't have. So I guess CM's will just identify us by our GKTW button...which we receive over there, right?

Third, our MAW chapter DOES NOT provide transportation from our house to the airport the day we leave. Strange. So, our sister's boyfriend will be taking us to the airport at 7:00 a.m.

And lastly, my MAW wish granter was the one called me to inform of the flight changes. Yes, not my mom, me. I found it pretty cool! I guess it was just because I'm 16 and all.

Does this have to do that it's Puerto Rico and all? Just wondering...

The restaurants close the same time as the parks, which actually makes your reservation perfect. Since it closes at 7 pm, they will continue to serve guest and not rush you until everyone in your party is done. Then you get to walk through an empty park to the exit! It is the perfect time for a few photo ops without any other people in them! :wizard:

FANTASTIC!!! :cool1::cool1: Thank you so much for this info, its going to be a blast!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylee is home! Kris thanks everyone for their continued prayers, they are looking forward to being home with the family!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: Happy news!!

What a fantastic incredible super fun time! WOW!!!!!!!! you guys are super set now for this amazing incredible week!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Meanwhile, I can't wait to see pics from after! Fabulousness!

319490_10150353456462673_509112672_9472623_5846899_n.jpg

I guess my wish grantor telepathically knew that i was slacking on making a countdown calendar . I guess i was thinking if theres not a calendar i dont have to see how close 3 weeks really is wow.

And i have an announcement i figured out how to do iron on shirts this is like a graduating college accomplishment for me lol yay yay yay:cool1:

also i added some more pics at the end of my ptr if your bored and wanna peek :)

I'm confused about something and I wonder if anyone knows about it. Our wish granter said something about a party and I didn't quite understand if we are supposed to throw a party or if they are giving a party. Is anyone familiar with this? Thanks! Synovial:confused3

I'm confused about something and I wonder if anyone knows about it. Our wish granter said something about a party and I didn't quite understand if we are supposed to throw a party or if they are giving a party. Is anyone familiar with this? Thanks! Synovial:confused3

I thin they're throwing your child a send-off party.

Yes! They will probably throw your child a little party. Ours was just last week (click on our PTR--last page--to view it). The Wish Grantors came to our house with cake, balloons and gifts for the girls. It was so magical--and just such a perfect way to countdown our now 15 remaining days!!! :)

We also got to meet our wish sponsor, but I understand that isn't necessarily the norm, since sometimes it's a group of people or a company that sponsors the wish or the sponsor prefers to remain anonymous.

I have also heard that some wish grantors plan the party elsewhere--Chuck E. Cheese, a pizza place, a local bowling alley, swimming club or arcade or the wish kid's favourite restaurant. Sometimes it's just for the wish family, sometimes you can invite the grandparents, cousins, close family friends, etc. So, you'll have to get the details about the party from your wish grantor. Have fun!

Okay, so in 10 hours, more or less, we'll be on our way to the airport!:yay::yay:

I'm still nervous about flying to Orlando with the hurricane in it's path. How do they do it???

I think I'm done packing. :cutie::laughing: Or am I?

I really can't believe I'll be at GKTW tomorrow! I've read about it SOO much and seen SOO many pictures that it just seems like a fantasy to me.princess::wizard:

I know that Friday will be our hardest day concerning weather conditions so we still haven't decided which park to go on Friday.

They will head West and go up the West coast of Florida, staying way from Irene. Adding a couple of hundred miles to a flight does not add much time as the aircraft flies at about 500 MPH.

They will head West and go up the West coast of Florida, staying way from Irene. Adding a couple of hundred miles to a flight does not add much time as the aircraft flies at about 500 MPH.

Oh okay. Thank you. You eased my nerves a bit. I fly like once a year, and I don't really like airplanes. I'm the kind of person who will have their blood pressure skyrocket( but I already have hypertension) during turbulence and departure and have their heart rate around 160 ( yes, I took my pulse once) LOL.

My wish coordinator DOES NOT want me riding rides like Tower of Terror or Hulk(Universal).

I went to DisneyLAND this summer and only very few rides caused some sort of arrhythmia( I could feel my heart beating irregularly) but resolved itself in a matter of hours.

My mom's freaking out about me riding Hulk and she's actually saying she won't let me ride! I don't get it! :mad:

Also, how is the ride Mission: Space?

Okay, so today is THE day. My MAW day! It's 6 am and we're getting ready! I'm eating breakfast LOL.....super nervous about the flight. :eek:

We are home from the most fabulous time on the Disney Dream! Give me a few days to get settled and I'll start our TR!

Preston has been having some problems with walking lately. His Physical Therapist really worked him over. The past week he has had pain walking. I hope this gets better before our trip so that he can walk and not have to be in a wheelchair. I mentioned the possibility of having to get one and he really let me know in a hurry he did not want one. Just thought I would give an update. Thanks! Synovial:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter