Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I was a little agresive last night, but I really am bothered by the state of most individuals and how they think they know how it should be.:rolleyes1

What a sweet girl- thinking of others. That literally makes me sick that somebody posted that. I sure hope Lauren didn't see it!

Thanks, Carol. :) She never saw it. Her Mom did...but Lauren wasn't there.

And I was pretty aggressive last night, too. :) but a new day is here! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks, Carol. :) She never saw it. Her Mom did...but Lauren wasn't there.

And I was pretty aggressive last night, too. :) but a new day is here! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It's okay to get mad about righteous causes like that. My dh today when I told him said that some kids, like Lydia, are in a way better off than Lauren since their ordeal is more or less behind them (not totally usually) but Lauren will always be in a wheelchair, sad as that sounds.... :sad2: She seems like such a wonderful person. :goodvibes Give her a good hug, Mary, and tell her that we think she awesome and brave! :hug:

Hey all.. we are back from Nick's send off party and wow.. let me tell you it was amazing. I will hopefully get a chance to download all the pics and update his PTR tomorrow. We are just so tired tonight to do it. :)

Oh.. and I watched my recorded Grey's this aft. and was disgusted.

I hope all of you who were disgusted by the Grey's anatomy show WILL write the local station, the show's producer (check the web site) and copy the letters to the editor column of your local paper. If WE don't raise the issues, who will? (Agressive? Heck YEAH! I have an "adopted" granddaughter with brain damage and bipolar disorder - and have learned 'making noise' is the only way to change things. Eventually. Slowly. But things DO change.)

It was a beautiful day at Give Kids the world today. I packed gift bags, this morning, in the warehouse. Maybe one of you will get a bag packed by me, lol. Beat my previous record of 17 in a shift - 25! Did I mention you should bring an empty suitcase for the stuff that will magically appear in your villa?

PS. Wendy, you were right, it IS the economy. They've stopped giving the volunteers an ice cream coupon, too, and the desk person told me it was for financial reasons. It seems that, like every other charity, donations are down. It was ok with me - I'd much rather there be enough for the kids.

PPs the post cards were mailed this evening at the Grand Floridian.

It was a beautiful day at Give Kids the world today. I packed gift bags, this morning, in the warehouse. Maybe one of you will get a bag packed by me, lol. Beat my previous record of 17 in a shift - 25! Did I mention you should bring an empty suitcase for the stuff that will magically appear in your villa?

How exciting! I can't believe that in 9 days we will be there! :scared1: When we found out three months ago, it seemed like such a long wait, now things are so rushed I can't keep my head on straight! I am so sad we will miss you by just a couple of days, I hope that we get one of your gift bags, how cool would that be?

I hope Amber doesn't mind me posting about her daughter. A while back she had given me the link to her family blog- so I am able to read up on little Savannah. I know her computer time is limited, so I thought I'd let you all know what is going on.

Savannah is still in the hospital- they have run all sorts of tests and really don't seem to know anything yet. She is still losing weight- she has a voracious appetite and even though she still vomits quite a bit, with her high calorie intake she should be gaining weight. The big tests have come back normal ( EEG, ECHO, EKG- I think those were the main ones). She keeps having little things show up on labs ( poor little girl has given so much of her blood)- but nothing that really indicates something specific. She still has that beautiful smile in between all of her tests. It sounds like Amber has a great support system there- but they all certainly need our prayers. I'm sure she is completely exhausted.

Amber, I sure hope I haven't stepped on your toes by posting about your daughter- I just know that everybody is concerned and you can use all the prayers possible. I hope I got all the details correct!

Carol

Thanks for posting about Savannah!
Although the news isnt Dire, it isnt that good either. It must be awful having to stay in the hospital AGAIN! Plus not finding out what Savannah's diagnosis is, I really feel for that poor family.
Continued prayers for Amber and her family

Mandy

I hope Amber doesn't mind me posting about her daughter. A while back she had given me the link to her family blog- so I am able to read up on little Savannah. I know her computer time is limited, so I thought I'd let you all know what is going on.

Savannah is still in the hospital- they have run all sorts of tests and really don't seem to know anything yet. She is still losing weight- she has a voracious appetite and even though she still vomits quite a bit, with her high calorie intake she should be gaining weight. The big tests have come back normal ( EEG, ECHO, EKG- I think those were the main ones). She keeps having little things show up on labs ( poor little girl has given so much of her blood)- but nothing that really indicates something specific. She still has that beautiful smile in between all of her tests. It sounds like Amber has a great support system there- but they all certainly need our prayers. I'm sure she is completely exhausted.

Amber, I sure hope I haven't stepped on your toes by posting about your daughter- I just know that everybody is concerned and you can use all the prayers possible. I hope I got all the details correct!

Carol

Thanks Carol for posting :) You did GREAT! If you would like our blog link I posted it in Sebastian's Trip report. THANKS SO MUCH YA'LL. It really means the world to me to have your support and prayers. It was a bad night last night. Crappy nurse treating me like this is all my fault. :mad:

Thanks Carol for posting :) You did GREAT! If you would like our blog link I posted it in Sebastian's Trip report. THANKS SO MUCH YA'LL. It really means the world to me to have your support and prayers. It was a bad night last night. Crappy nurse treating me like this is all my fault. :mad:

I am sorry your having a tough go in the hospital right now, Jake is in the hospital to due to vomiting and belly pain issues, and for us what makes it so hard is no one can do anything to make him feel better. We are very very lucky that Jake's nurses are so wonderful to all of us, I can not even begin to imagine what it would be like if the nurses were not....:guilty:

I hope it is a short stay and they you walk out of their with some sort of answer to what is going on. Hang in and know you are doing what is best for your child...:flower3:

hugs and prayers for answers :lovestruc

Hugs and prayers, Amber - you KNOW it isn't anything you did. There are ignorant people everywhere :(

It's okay to get mad about righteous causes like that. My dh today when I told him said that some kids, like Lydia, are in a way better off than Lauren since their ordeal is more or less behind them (not totally usually) but Lauren will always be in a wheelchair, sad as that sounds.... :sad2: She seems like such a wonderful person. :goodvibes Give her a good hug, Mary, and tell her that we think she awesome and brave! :hug:

Thank you for saying that. We do love Lauren's attitude...which is awesome...99.9% of the time. :) Better than me! :)

I think that all issues are different, I guess. Lauren has not spent too, too much time in the hospital. She has never had chemo. She has never had a seizure. In fact...she really has been pretty healthy. Well, except that she is severely disabled. Can't walk...all of that mess. Even she says she is pretty normal. Crazy girl! :)

And speaking of Lauren...I am working on a little project for her...but more on that in a few minutes... :)

I hope all of you who were disgusted by the Grey's anatomy show WILL write the local station, the show's producer (check the web site) and copy the letters to the editor column of your local paper. If WE don't raise the issues, who will? (Agressive? Heck YEAH! I have an "adopted" granddaughter with brain damage and bipolar disorder - and have learned 'making noise' is the only way to change things. Eventually. Slowly. But things DO change.)

PS. Wendy, you were right, it IS the economy. They've stopped giving the volunteers an ice cream coupon, too, and the desk person told me it was for financial reasons. It seems that, like every other charity, donations are down. It was ok with me - I'd much rather there be enough for the kids.

PPs the post cards were mailed this evening at the Grand Floridian.

Yes...we do need to write a letter! :) I am going to seriously add that to my list. :)

I hate that charities are having issues with finances. That is awful!! I need to support GKTW. Can we just donate directly to them? I love that place!!!

Thank you for all of your help!!!!

Carol

Carol...

thank you so much for the update. I have been praying for them. I just hate that! Too much for one person to deal with! Poor Amber!!!

I will keep praying for her family. Thanks for updating us.

Ah..Hey, Amber!!

I hope you reported that nurse. That just infuriates me! :headache: :headache: :headache:

Hang in there!

I am sorry your having a tough go in the hospital right now, Jake is in the hospital to due to vomiting and belly pain issues, and for us what makes it so hard is no one can do anything to make him feel better. We are very very lucky that Jake's nurses are so wonderful to all of us, I can not even begin to imagine what it would be like if the nurses were not....:guilty:

I hope it is a short stay and they you walk out of their with some sort of answer to what is going on. Hang in and know you are doing what is best for your child...:flower3:

I am sorry you are having trouble with Jake! I hate that you can't just fix it. I am really sorry!! But I am glad you have wonderful nurses!

Thank you for saying that. We do love Lauren's attitude...which is awesome...99.9% of the time. :) Better than me! :)

I think that all issues are different, I guess. Lauren has not spent too, too much time in the hospital. She has never had chemo. She has never had a seizure. In fact...she really has been pretty healthy. Well, except that she is severely disabled. Can't walk...all of that mess. Even she says she is pretty normal. Crazy girl! :)

And speaking of Lauren...I am working on a little project for her...but more on that in a few minutes... :)

Ooh, now you've got me all curious! ;)

Lauren has had me working on a little project for her...and I wanted to share it with you guys.

I am not even going to post this on my TR...but I wanted you guys to see it.

Lauren is a member of her student council...student government...whatever you call it these days. She always makes fun of me for calling it student council! :confused3

Anyway...they "randomly" assigned her...at the beginning of the year...before we knew about her Wish Trip dates, etc...to head up the fundraiser that her school does each year for Make a Wish!!!

Every day her school has this TV announcement program at her school (about 2500 students) and she asked them if we could show her MAW video...and they said YES! But, Lauren wanted me to change it up a little. She wanted more information about MAW on it and wanted to add her friends MAW trip pictures, too. And she wanted to add something so that the teenagers would want to donate! So we did...a lot of it is the same as the first video I did, but not all of it.

Here is the link if you guys want to see it! :goodvibes

Fundraiser Video for Lauren

The other girl is Mary Claire and her Mom gave me permission to post this. Lauren and Mary Claire are best friends...and are both Wish Kids! (Once a wish kid, always a wish kid!) Mary Claire got her wish when she was 8. She has muscular dystrophy. She was diagnosed at age 7. She is no longer walking. :sad2: Mary Claire plays power soccer (wheelchair soccer) with Lauren.

I hope you guys have an awesome night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter