Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emy wants to wear them on the plane. DH said no way. :( We'll see if she can convience him.... :teeth:

She is so cute!! :) The shirts are GREAT! :) You need to sign up to help those Big Give folks! :) You are crafty!!!!

What DH could resist those eyes???

I just updated Clints PTR (and the link is now in my signature) !!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am getting really excited and so are the kids:sunny: .

Check out what the Big Give and April sent us:thanks: :disrocks: . The kids were very happy:thumbsup2 .

I even went back and made the pictures bigger for some of you :yay: :yay: :yay: !!!!!

I also had a few questions on there if anyone has some help I would be grateful!!!!:worship:

How does everyone go about writing their Pre-trip and trip reports?

I have so updates to do on Becca's pre-trip but I havent had time to sit down and do it 'all in one'.
Do people do theirs all in one or do you have a posting window open for ages and add to it bit by bit.
I am scared that if I have a posting window open and dont hit submit in a decent amount of time I will lose what I have put on it if DisBoards has an ooopsie.
Do other people use Word and then copy, paste it over to the message board? If so, does copying the url's work when you do that?

Mandy

Does anyone know if GKTW has Wifi?

This is what I lifted from the GKTW FAQ web page

Do you offer computers at the Village?

The Village does not offer computers, but we do have full wireless service in the House of Hearts, Amberville Train Station and along the Avenue of Angels that can be accessed from your personal laptop.

Each Villa also offers dial-up access available.

Can anyone explain the advance purchase of the photo card??? I LOVE pics and already know I will want it. How much?? How many pics?? Where to buy???

If you can't tell I'm still panicking. Still no info from MAW other than dates so I am making ADRs now.

Thanks!!!

How does everyone go about writing their Pre-trip and trip reports?

I have so updates to do on Becca's pre-trip but I havent had time to sit down and do it 'all in one'.
Do people do theirs all in one or do you have a posting window open for ages and add to it bit by bit.
I am scared that if I have a posting window open and dont hit submit in a decent amount of time I will lose what I have put on it if DisBoards has an ooopsie.
Do other people use Word and then copy, paste it over to the message board? If so, does copying the url's work when you do that?

Mandy[/QUOTE] I use word and copy the link directly over from photobucket for the pictures and it works fine when I finally copy the whole thing over to the board. :goodvibes That way I can come and go when I have time ('cuz I'm usually doing this during break times for me at work :rolleyes: )

I use word and copy the link directly over from photobucket for the pictures and it works fine when I finally copy the whole thing over to the board. :goodvibes That way I can come and go when I have time ('cuz I'm usually doing this during break times for me at work :rolleyes: )

Thats the info I needed to know, thank you so much :)

Another quick question for people whom have already had their wish trips.
When you check out of GKTW are you expected to strip the beds and Vacuum around before leaving? We dont make much mess anywoo but when syating at the Macdonald houses you have to make it look good as new before checking out.
Dont get me wrong, we arent bothered about changing sheets etc but I would just like to know what to expect because we leave quite early on our last day.

Another quick question for people whom have already had their wish trips.
When you check out of GKTW are you expected to strip the beds and Vacuum around before leaving? We dont make much mess anywoo but when syating at the Macdonald houses you have to make it look good as new before checking out.
Dont get me wrong, we arent bothered about changing sheets etc but I would just like to know what to expect because we leave quite early on our last day.

No, you don't have to do any cleaning before you leave (actually the sign in the house tells you to please NOT strip the beds!). :)

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Our flight is booked for Disney:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I will update Jake's pre trip link.....OMG now it feels VERY real...:scared1:

Can anyone explain the advance purchase of the photo card??? I LOVE pics and already know I will want it. How much?? How many pics?? Where to buy???

If you can't tell I'm still panicking. Still no info from MAW other than dates so I am making ADRs now.

Thanks!!!

This is a discounted link, however if you get in with a group of people (check the budget boards for Photo Pass Group) you can get it down to under $20 per person. I started a group and we have 8, only $17 per person and all the photos we can handle.

PreVisit Photopass Discount

:angel: OK I just posted a very LONG explanation on Clint's site. I kept reading all about other kids on theirs and decided I needed to tell a little more about him and why he is getting his wish. It was very hard for me to do since I don't like to talk about it much. I left out alot but it still tells the jist of it. Hope it isn't too bad. I also put alot of pics before, during and now. Hope you all enjoy it.:angel:

I hope you don't mind if I post this here...

First, my prayers go to each and every one of you... this is such a great thread.
I had the pleasure of going on my sister's wish trip back in 1991 (she had T-cell ALL and 4th stage non-hodgins lymphoma, but was a fighter and is now 23 and a new mom, she was 5, I was 17 on the trip)
Because we lived 45 minutes from WDW, our chapter didn't want to let us go to GKTW, but with persuasion, finally gave in. We all thought is was a bit silly since often at cancer support groups, ect.. we would get free admission tickets and went frequently, but she insisted she wanted to go to Disney World, not Disneyland, or something else, so WDW it was and boy am I happy she picked it. It was such a wonderful experience for her and our family. She felt so special, and although it was hard because we never dreamed she would make it as far as she has, she still talks about it like it was yesterday. I can't really give much advice because I am more than sure it has changed a lot since we went, but I am glad to see that families are still able to go and have a good time. I wish there was this kind of online community back then, my mom would have been on a ton I am sure.

Do any of y'all plan on Pin Trading while there. I'm trying to go through our pins from three years ago and pull extras(Mya doesn't remember), but gosh I want to buy more cheap ones for Mya and I to trade.

Sidenote: There are some nuts on American Idle....

I hope you don't mind if I post this here...

First, my prayers go to each and every one of you... this is such a great thread.
I had the pleasure of going on my sister's wish trip back in 1991 (she had T-cell ALL and 4th stage non-hodgins lymphoma, but was a fighter and is now 23 and a new mom, she was 5, I was 17 on the trip)
Because we lived 45 minutes from WDW, our chapter didn't want to let us go to GKTW, but with persuasion, finally gave in. We all thought is was a bit silly since often at cancer support groups, ect.. we would get free admission tickets and went frequently, but she insisted she wanted to go to Disney World, not Disneyland, or something else, so WDW it was and boy am I happy she picked it. It was such a wonderful experience for her and our family. She felt so special, and although it was hard because we never dreamed she would make it as far as she has, she still talks about it like it was yesterday. I can't really give much advice because I am more than sure it has changed a lot since we went, but I am glad to see that families are still able to go and have a good time. I wish there was this kind of online community back then, my mom would have been on a ton I am sure.

What a great story! I am so glad she is doing well. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter