Major Epcot Transformation Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it depends on the htme. One could argue what one has to do with Dumbo either. If the ride vehicles and music are themed, that's about all that's required. Sure I'd like to see something more fleshed out, but it is what it is. Epcot does not have any spinners and kids do love them.

Well Dumbo did fly and it does mimic that. The Magic Carpets fly. A little different.

I would have just liked to see them do so much more with something like Mary Poppins and the wonderful story.

I havent heard anything regarding Figment.... i hope he does NOT GO Away.... one of our favorite characters.
Any info on that?

Nothing mentioned but I would be *shocked* if they get rid of the character - for merchandise alone they would keep him ..... Now for the attraction , I could see some major updates and his role removed or reduced

Well Dumbo did fly and it does mimic that. The Magic Carpets fly. A little different.

I would have just liked to see them do so much more with something like Mary Poppins and the wonderful story.
I don't get how you can complain that they should do "so much more" when they haven't even announced what they're actually doing. All we know for sure is there will be an attraction. We don't even know whether or not it will be a ride.

Well, I mean, Mary Poppins flies...

Now I'm picturing a ride where you sit on a giant Mary Poppins! :-) No, I get it, I'd have liked soemthing better too, and we don't know 100% what it will be like. It could be a new kind of spinner ride or something. I would love a Mary Poppins dark ride! They could put a spinner elsewhere, but I still think that putting one in World Showcase isn't a terrible idea.

In the EPCOT model they showed a Coco guitar and maracas outside the pyramid. What was that about? I was expecting to hear about a new Coco show or update to the ride through attraction. Why would they put that in the display if nothing was happening?

Not just that - the Mexico poster on the Wall of Posters had Miguel front and center - no Three Caballeros, Miguel! I was ready to bet cash money we were getting the Coco redo of the boat ride! Man, I really wanted that.
😭

Not just that - the Mexico poster on the Wall of Posters had Miguel front and center - no Three Caballeros, Miguel! I was ready to bet cash money we were getting the Coco redo of the boat ride! Man, I really wanted that.
😭
So then I didn't miss anything..... they really didn't announce anything for the Mexico pavilion? So weird.

I would also enjoy a Coco boat ride attraction.

I don't get how you can complain that they should do "so much more" when they haven't even announced what they're actually doing. All we know for sure is there will be an attraction. We don't even know whether or not it will be a ride.

I am just commenting on the rumor of the ride.

Well, I mean, Mary Poppins flies...

Now I'm picturing a ride where you sit on a giant Mary Poppins! :-) No, I get it, I'd have liked soemthing better too, and we don't know 100% what it will be like. It could be a new kind of spinner ride or something. I would love a Mary Poppins dark ride! They could put a spinner elsewhere, but I still think that putting one in World Showcase isn't a terrible idea.

😂Now THAT would be different!

Well, it depends on the htme. One could argue what one has to do with Dumbo either. If the ride vehicles and music are themed, that's about all that's required. Sure I'd like to see something more fleshed out, but it is what it is. Epcot does not have any spinners and kids do love them.
That’s what I was thinking that Epcot doesn’t have anything like this & they’re good for little kids.

But what on God's green earth does it have to do with Mary Poppins? That description is a whole lot of build up for another in the long list of Dumbo rides. I mean, come one, it doesn't have to be a E-ticket but does it have to be an A? So much that could be done with Mary Poppins and they do spinning, smh.

Dumbo was not an A ticket. It was a C ticket - along with Peter Pan, Snow White, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the Autopia, and the Mad Tea Party (among others). Pretty much everything in Fantasyland was a C ticket. 😁

Steve

Nothing mentioned but I would be *shocked* if they get rid of the character - for merchandise alone they would keep him ..... Now for the attraction , I could see some major updates and his role removed or reduced

Hopefully we get an update. How about a complete return to the original with modern technology! But my guess is it wasn't mentioned because it is going to stay just as it is for now.

Epcot has remained my favorite park despite the past couple of decades and their ill-advises “improvements” but I’m cautiously optimistic on this. The park needed to get back to its roots, but the past is gone and it would never stand to simply bring back the early 80s version, despite our nostalgia. This seems like a reasonable way of keeping the spirit of edutainment and the soul of the park while giving us a fresh take (despite GotG replacing UoE...I still don’t get how that’s a fit, even with these announcements). That being said, does anyone else feel like Disney constantly short-changes EPCOT (man, it feels good to have that back in all caps) as a brand? This change seems like a prime opportunity to think about how it can be used outside the park, encompassing all things science, travel, and real-world. Adventures by Disney, Disney Nature films, documentaries (think a new set of True-Life Adventures), educational programming, etc. could all fall under the EPCOT umbrella and the park could return to being “EPCOT Center”...maybe I’m overvaluing the brand equity here, but I see lots of possibilities for expanding the value of the name.

Epcot has remained my favorite park despite the past couple of decades and their ill-advises “improvements” but I’m cautiously optimistic on this. The park needed to get back to its roots, but the past is gone and it would never stand to simply bring back the early 80s version, despite our nostalgia. This seems like a reasonable way of keeping the spirit of edutainment and the soul of the park while giving us a fresh take (despite GotG replacing UoE...I still don’t get how that’s a fit, even with these announcements). That being said, does anyone else feel like Disney constantly short-changes EPCOT (man, it feels good to have that back in all caps) as a brand? This change seems like a prime opportunity to think about how it can be used outside the park, encompassing all things science, travel, and real-world. Adventures by Disney, Disney Nature films, documentaries (think a new set of True-Life Adventures), educational programming, etc. could all fall under the EPCOT umbrella and the park could return to being “EPCOT Center”...maybe I’m overvaluing the brand equity here, but I see lots of possibilities for expanding the value of the name.

I agree with this thinking. We love EPCOT (I usually just do the capital E, but you have reminded me of what's important - haha), but have spent most of our time in WS. I feel that a lot of families just run from ride to ride, and don't take the time to really go through so many of the cool, detailed things around the parks. Many educational programs have gone to "edutainment" in an attempt to hold the attention of the younger park-goers. So many people walking around, head down, looking at their phones, finding wait times, switching up FastPasses, etc. - they aren't looking to meander. I'm old, so I love to meander!!

I think they should present this as a land of fun, plus education about the outside world. Plenty of us would hang here!!!!!

Mary Poppins could be a spinning swing that rises high above the park on a tower. That would impact sightlines both looking from the ground and from the swing so it seems unlikely. Just musing, They have already let sightlines go a little in that part of the park with the skyliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter