Major Epcot Transformation Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have stated, I don't see Figment surviving either. I am glad EPCOT is getting some major improvements tho.

I would be pretty shocked if the *character* figment goes away .... now for the ride, I could see a bit overhaul and maybe making it less Figment focused (like the one rumor that would involve Inside Out but Figment would be there a bit too)

I haven't heard any dates yet. Last year there were rumors of a 2-year closing, but I hope it's nothing that extreme! Maybe they'll wait until some of the other new things open in the first half of 2020 before closing SE.

My "armchair imagineering" idea has been something like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters where you ride carousel horses and they start out in classic carousel formation, but then break free and do choreographed movements to songs from the films

oh my god! Just watched a video of this, it's adorable! It's like a line dance for cars! :D

I am so excited for these changes! I love Epcot for the nostalgia purposes, but it has been hard to get DH (a lukewarm Disney fan) on board with enjoying a full day there because he says it feels outdated and not that exciting. Can't wait for more details!

My "armchair imagineering" idea has been something like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters where you ride carousel horses and they start out in classic carousel formation, but then break free and do choreographed movements to songs from the films

I just googled that!! SO CUTE!!! I can see it in my head lol.

The only site that reported a date said November-ish. But that was months ago. They’re still showing FP availability through Nov 3 for whatever that’s worth. It’s hard to imagine closing something with that much capacity right before the busiest week of the year, but stranger things have happened.

Change is hard, right? But I am looking forward to the updates. Epcot has always been our evening park, and only in World Showcase, as the few things in Future World were always seen first thing (SSE, Soarin', TT). These changes look like it will bring more people to the other side of Epcot during the evening.

Although no much of this will be up and running at the end of 2020 (our next trip) I am excited to plan a France evening!! The new Remy ride, the new film, the new crepe restaurant! Then straight out of the park via IG! Sounds like a plan!

A "spinner" can be anything from Teacups to Dumbo or like Alien Swirling Saucers - basically anything that simply rotates. They don't take up much space and are family friendly - I know people want something more grandiose, but really it's a good fit for the area if it turns out to be like that. Epcot could use a ride of that nature.

But what on God's green earth does it have to do with Mary Poppins? That description is a whole lot of build up for another in the long list of Dumbo rides. I mean, come one, it doesn't have to be a E-ticket but does it have to be an A? So much that could be done with Mary Poppins and they do spinning, smh.

Epcot will now be unified with four different neighborhoods that look at different aspects of the world and people. World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature, World Discovery
So, you unify something by subdividing it into smaller pieces? :rolleyes2

Last edited:
How about something where the ride vehicles are horses? ie, a merry go round?

If maybe it was a very special carousel or something. But the one in MP wasn’t on Cherry Hill Lane so it would depend on how they get one from the Bank’s house to the carousel. I certainly hope it’s something special.

But what on God's green earth does it have to do with Mary Poppins? That description is a whole lot of build up for another in the long list of Dumbo rides. I mean, come one, it doesn't have to be a E-ticket but does it have to be an A? So much that could be done with Mary Poppins and they do spinning, smh.

Well, it depends on the theme. One could argue what one has to do with Dumbo either. If the ride vehicles and music are themed, that's about all that's required. Sure I'd like to see something more fleshed out, but it is what it is. Epcot does not have any spinners and kids do love them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter