Major Epcot Transformation Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary Poppins could be a spinning swing that rises high above the park on a tower. That would impact sightlines both looking from the ground and from the swing so it seems unlikely. Just musing, They have already let sightlines go a little in that part of the park with the skyliner.

Skyliner shouldn't effect sight lines in the UK, unless your walking southwest on the main midway through the pavilion, and even that might be a stretch. Once your within the UK, you can't see the International Gateway of any of the other pavilions.

I'd say the bigger eyesore is Soarin' behind Canada.

A spinner doesn't sound glamorous to most. However for smaller kids, the world showcase is a boring mile with little chance for a "ride". The rat helps with that, but I think a basic spinner at the UK will be a big hit with the younger folks. That will make the younger folks parents happy. Like the magic carpet where older family can grab a dole whip, and watch the youngling spin around and have fun. In the UK, mom or dad can grab a pint at rose and crown and do the same while their kidlet spins around with glee.

A spinner doesn't sound glamorous to most. However for smaller kids, the world showcase is a boring mile with little chance for a "ride". The rat helps with that, but I think a basic spinner at the UK will be a big hit with the younger folks. That will make the younger folks parents happy. Like the magic carpet where older family can grab a dole whip, and watch the youngling spin around and have fun. In the UK, mom or dad can grab a pint at rose and crown and do the same while their kidlet spins around with glee.

I am interested to see how it all works now with the Cherry Tree Lane facade and walking into the buildings to get to the ride

Originally I was thinking of like a carousel in a park setting where you could do as you say - grab a pint at Rose and Crown and watch the kids on the carousel (or participate) .... but now seems like it will be more disconnected to the rest of the land and closed off

This one has me boggled, as some insiders as well. I keep hearing from insiders that a spinner is still the ticket, but even they don't know how that ties in with what has been shared. Most felt this was going to be possibly a multi-tiered merry go round that had some screens to give some special visual adds, and potentially some interaction. Not sure if that is the case anymore or not.

Still don't think they have room for a dark ride, but we can wait and see.

Not a lot of concrete details other than a new section called cherry tree lane.

The spinner part is a rumor as I understand, which seems logical given space constraints. Reality is there is a fair amount of space there, and if you can go vertical that adds a bit to it.
I'd love to see it tie in with the stage, so folks can relax have a beverage and let the kiddos take a ride or two. A major E ticket would make the wait times too long to support that.

This one has me boggled, as some insiders as well. I keep hearing from insiders that a spinner is still the ticket, but even they don't know how that ties in with what has been shared. Most felt this was going to be possibly a multi-tiered merry go round that had some screens to give some special visual adds, and potentially some interaction.
In my hometown a park had a scrambler inside a geodesic dome building. They shon psychedelic lights on the walls and played the Beatles Magic Mystery Tour over speakers. They called it the the Magical Mystery Ride or similar and it was way more fun than you imagine it should be. An example of both a dark ride and a spinner; sort of. And British invasion :).

I would think, moving forward, most rides need to have a high capacity. I would imagine that what ever they do, that will be a big factor.

Looking at google earth, there is a fair amount of space surrounding the UK. The Conference building almost has a perfect round area build in to it. Though I suppose that would cut off some access to the back of the UK buildings.
The "temporary" building is anything but temporary at this point. They use it a lot. One would think that a more permanent structure could be built in that space, and allow for a lot more to be built above it vertically.

I would be pretty shocked if the *character* figment goes away .... now for the ride, I could see a bit overhaul and maybe making it less Figment focused (like the one rumor that would involve Inside Out but Figment would be there a bit too)

I was speaking purely of the ride. Not the character itself.

Just my two cents.... I don’t think we will totally lose Figment. I can more see them making a Figment movie to monetize his popularity. (A la Jungle Cruise) Also as a parent of small children who has been taking them since they were babies I don’t need/want another Dumbo. I’d rather see a dark ride or maybe something like Luigi’s or AS2.

Every ride can't be an E ticket attraction. Parks need a mix to absorb and disperse crowds. A few flat rides can go a long way in filling out a park.
I disagree that there isn't room in UK to add a more serious footprint. Check out Google Map Satellite view. I think there's plenty of room between UK and the International Gateway. They could also get rid of the garden and pavillion -though I hope they don't - I love the British Invasion concerts there :)

I disagree that there isn't room in UK to add a more serious footprint. Check out Google Map Satellite view. I think there's plenty of room between UK and the International Gateway. They could also get rid of the garden and pavillion -though I hope they don't - I love the British Invasion concerts there :)

Yeah, I did the measurements (forget if it was this thread or another) but there is about 3,300 sq meeters if we include the garden and stage. Pan and Pooh each take up about 1,800 sq meeters

Side note, Small World show building is like 4,500 sw meeters, always forget how big that is

Also that it is right night to the Haunted Mansion show building ... So they put the show building for the scariest ride in MK right next to the one for Haunted Mansion

Hopefully we get an update. How about a complete return to the original with modern technology! But my guess is it wasn't mentioned because it is going to stay just as it is for now.
I miss the original ride too but much more than that I miss the original 2nd story of the pavilion. They had so much cool stuff up there like getting into a movie by being in front of a green screen and doing what they told you. They also had the giant pin art tables and stands where you could play with them and make a full size shape of your body. It was really cool. I was so disappointed when I went back as a teenager and that was all gone. They could make an awesome place to play and explore there again.

I am so excited for this total reboot of Epcot!! We just saw the current Epcot for the last time and our next trip is in 2021 so we are very excited to see all the new stuff.

Any mention of TT in all of this? I'm guessing in the discovery section?

As someone that loves EPCOT, I am surprisingly optimistic about the new vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!