Main Street Electrical Parade - Walt Disney World?

The sea of humanity they have created on Main Street and the Hub in anticipation of the projections & fireworks .... would make it nearly impossible for a parade to happen safely. Without a major change there I doubt there will ever be a nighttime parade.

It's been 6 years, I have no hope for parades during regular hours. Having them for Halloween & Christmas parties might be it. :confused3

The sea of humanity they have created on Main Street and the Hub in anticipation of the projections & fireworks .... would make it nearly impossible for a parade to happen safely. Without a major change there I doubt there will ever be a nighttime parade.

It's been 6 years, I have no hope for parades during regular hours. Having them for Halloween & Christmas parties might be it. :confused3
Or maybe they will find a way only when people ante up extra for a party.

There were photos of pieces of it rotting backstage somewhere. Definitely not coming back.
Many people have posted this over the years.

I don't remember the floats as being something that couldn't be built as new. The original floats aren't available. I don't think it would take too much time to build new.

Or maybe they will find a way only when people ante up extra for a party.
So in addition to the parade at the Halloween & Christmas parties what would the party theme be for a "electrical/night" parade? We had a great time at the Pirate & Princess Party. Or would it just be another version of After Hours? No theme, just raise the price and add a parade. ALTHOUGH we did the Villains After Hours and that dragon at night ... 😍

So in addition to the parade at the Halloween & Christmas parties what would the party theme be for a "electrical/night" parade? We had a great time at the Pirate & Princess Party. Or would it just be another version of After Hours? No theme, just raise the price and add a parade. ALTHOUGH we did the Villains After Hours and that dragon at night ... 😍
Seriously, I'd be disgusted if they actually did that. They somehow want people to forget they actually paid a lot of money to be there during a regular park day. The add on nonsense has gone far enough. For some reason they're OK with providing a night parade on regular days at DLR, but WDW needs to cough up more if they want one.

Last edited:
Seriously, I'd be disgusted if they actually did that. They somehow want people to forget they actually paid a lot of money to be there during a regular park day. The add on nonsense has gone far enough. For some reason they're OK with providing a night parade on regular days at DLR, but WDW needs to cough more if they want one.
Honestly I fully expected when the parks reopened that they'd move towards hours like Universal. Closing at 9 at the latest. Standard hours based on season but no later than 9. Any fireworks would be at end of night. Then after 9 is for private events & parties. Hotel extra hour in the morning. While I would hate if they did that, I could see the business logic of it.

Unless they redesign the projection show to be more 360 on castle and shift the fireworks to be more like parties and enjoyed from around park I simply don't see a night parade. Starting hours before the fireworks Main St and the Hub are unmanageable and CMs just try to hold their own. I haven't even seen Enchantment in person because the area feels so unsafe.**

NOTHING Disney has done is turning people off enough to not go. It's a packed as it ever was and feels worse because of the lower staffing, impacting the efficiency of attractions and dining. If I had to buy regular tickets I would not be going. I don't know what the answer is but I don't think they want the cost of the night parade, the logistics AND they are having trouble staffing Entertainment CMs (see Fantasmic).

**Last month the area was insane. We decided to leave. Main St was solid, sidewalks and street and you weren't allowed to walk down it. They had BOTH backstages open to leave. We went through the one not usually open (we couldn't have gotten to the other if we tried) and wow, nothing has been done back there. Trashcans, trucks, CM vehicles, chairs, junk. We are regulars but if that was my last view of MK leaving - what a bad impression. But due to the the thousands of people packed in they had no choice. We watched the fireworks from TTC.

Last edited:
To be honest, I would rather see a new night time parade come to WDW rather than a 50 year old parade but I'll be fine with any night time parade at this point. I don't care about the day time ones but I LOVE the night time ones. It does bother me that WDW seems to always get shafted when it comes to parades/fireworks/entertainment compared to Disneyland (and the international Disney parks for that matter).

I never knew the name of the sound track. I admit to having a copy linked, and also that it gets harder to listen all the way through the older I get.
First heard it at Disneyland in the late 70's and it brings back the excitement of those days visiting the park while living in Southern Calif for three years.

I never knew the name of the sound track. I admit to having a copy linked, and also that it gets harder to listen all the way through the older I get.
First heard it at Disneyland in the late 70's and it brings back the excitement of those days visiting the park while living in Southern Calif for three years.

The story I heard is that one of the guys who wrote it, early synth pioneers, didn't even know Disney had licensed it for the parade until he was there one night with his family and he heard it. Personally, I think it's fantastic and legendary - I absoultely love the MSEP soundtrack!

While WDW is welcome to have their own new nighttime parade, but they can’t have our Main Street Electrical Parade or Paint the Night Parade which I’m afraid it’s been dead. Sorry guys! But I hope you WDW fans get their own nighttime parade someday. Maybe they’ll announce it on D23Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter